Eteri Tutberidze as a coach | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Eteri Tutberidze as a coach

Alba

Record Breaker
Yes, her 2axel technique drives me insane. It has no elevation and the verticality necessary for axels. This may cause problems as Julia grows into a woman with more weight and curves. It reminded me of Tara Lipinski's 2axels which were a roller-skater's technique.

It's still early to tell but I think Yulia's body is very much like a ballerina. I don't think she will gain that much weight and curves.
I'm more worried about fatigue and injuries.
I'm not bothered at all about her 2axel tbh. I don't care at all about 2axels anyway. :biggrin:
Now, a 3 axel it's different. When it's done well I just love it. :love:

alexander1953

Spectator
Info from insiders (about 1 week ago) : not only Serafima joined Eteri's group. Murad Kurbanov is there, in School 37 (now a part of Sambo-70 - the giant sportclub, about 16000 students), too.

alexander1953

Spectator

Alba

Record Breaker
Thank you alecander. So how many students are going to be with Eteri?:eek:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Info from insiders (about 1 week ago) : not only Serafima joined Eteri's group. Murad Kurbanov is there, in School 37 (now a part of Sambo-70 - the giant sportclub, about 16000 students), too.

Thank you for the info. Welcome to GS and keep posting!!!

BlackPack

Medalist
It's still early to tell but I think Yulia's body is very much like a ballerina. I don't think she will gain that much weight and curves.
I'm more worried about fatigue and injuries.
I'm not bothered at all about her 2axel tbh. I don't care at all about 2axels anyway. :biggrin:
Now, a 3 axel it's different. When it's done well I just love it. :love:

Even 5-10 lbs weight gain can cause a skater's biomechanics to run amuck.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I don't understand the point of talking about weight issues here. Yulia ,like all skaters, maintain a diet designed for professional atheletes. If she turns into a bloated blob are people really gonna be like"see I told ya"? That seems so weird. Lets just enjoy what we have while it lasts and leave the other stuff to her, her trainers, and the powers of nature. I just don't see the point of predicting such things. I know many girls in their mid 20's that weigh and look similar to Yulia! None of them work out as hard or maintain a professional diet. Food for thought or wishful thinking? I guess it's up to you.

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker

I think you haven't notice that she has been growing each year now? Furthermore figure skaters can/should keep a diet, and with her body construction I don't think growing is gone be a problem for her.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
http://youtu.be/7pOyZc7Wur8

Kung Fu Yulia In 2010 . She has grown a lot since the beginning of the last quad. Great spiral at the :45 second mark. Worth the watch for that alone. You can tell she is going to be tiny by the size of her legs.

BlackPack

Medalist
I don't understand the point of talking about weight issues here. Yulia ,like all skaters, maintain a diet designed for professional atheletes. If she turns into a bloated blob are people really gonna be like"see I told ya"? That seems so weird. Lets just enjoy what we have while it lasts and leave the other stuff to her, her trainers, and the powers of nature. I just don't see the point of predicting such things. I know many girls in their mid 20's that weigh and look similar to Yulia! None of them work out as hard or maintain a professional diet. Food for thought or wishful thinking? I guess it's up to you.

She's not going to turn into a blob. That would be nearly impossible with her regime. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm just saying that if she wants to keep the 2axel-3toe she would need a better technique since she will grow. It has nothing to do with "fat or not fat." Did you forget that muscle, which is what most Olympic athletes have an abundance over average people, weighs something too?

We're talking about Olympic athletes, not your average girl. Not relevant.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We'll have to disagree because i honestly believe what I posted earlier here about how much her 2a has improved.(watch the videos..at least the marks I provided) ..it's the perfect technique for launching a 3t or even a 4t :popcorn:

Here is the evidence I provided
Yulia's 2a is improving!!! Look at it just a week or two before skate Canada this year.

(0:50 mark)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1052CQRfdw

Now compare to WC's!!!!

WC 2014 (1:18 mark) smooth as silk!!
http://youtu.be/HEoVqttv6bc

Call me crazy all you want but I love her 2a and think its the best technique for combo's. I've been saying if she gets a quad it will be 2a-4t

anyanka

Record Breaker
I would want to be coached by Elena, but she better lend me her denim jacket to wear to parties from time to time. I love her dedication to that one coat!

alebi

Medalist
I would want to be coached by Elena, but she better lend me her denim jacket to wear to parties from time to time. I love her dedication to that one coat!

No, she's like a cartoon character. When she opens her wardrobe it's plenty of the same coats :biggrin:

BTW I'm happy to read that Serafima has joined this group, she has always been fabulous for her age :)
Eteri gives the idea of a very strict coach when it comes to train which is correct if we think about the fierce competition among young Russian skaters; but she's also a protective person when her young students have to face popularity. And from what I've read in her interviews, she never gave over the top answers or comments like... let's say.... Mishin :p