Yuna unveils new LP dress for Korean Nationals | Golden Skate

Yuna unveils new LP dress for Korean Nationals

MiRé

Match Penalty
At the final rehearsal at Korean Nationals, Yuna showed a new dress for her FS (I believe no changes on her short).
Video
Photo

I personally prefer the one at Golden Spin, but I don't hate the new look either.

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Enough about her costumes :bang:
I love the new added choreography shown in the video.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Yeah, this news may not have needed a whole new thread.

Nonetheless, the new FS dress is an improvement, I think. It has more ZING to it - the previous was too plain for her standards.

ForeverFish

Medalist
I preferred the Golden Spin dress, too. I thought the all-black was very striking, especially when paired with Yuna's fair skin tone and bright red lipstick. But maybe they thought it was too close to her "Danse" dress?

By the way, I think people are already discussing this in the Korean Nationals thread.

Ven

Match Penalty
Enough about her costumes :bang:

If you liked the costume would it be OK to rave about it? :think:

I loved the original black dress. She should keep it and alter the fittings for her personal comfort. This new dress lacks confidence, and looks like split personality.

Ven

Match Penalty
I preferred the Golden Spin dress, too. I thought the all-black was very striking, especially when paired with Yuna's fair skin tone and bright red lipstick.

Completely agree.
She looked beautiful and mature in the original black dress. Her hair is much darker now then it's been in a long time. Along with that, the dress really made her complexion and burning red lips stand out.

lavender

Record Breaker
I like the previous one. It was more classic and beautiful. This one is very nice too but looks to be more casual.

CarneAsada

Medalist
I do love the costume but I wouldn't start a whole thread about it.
I like the new costume too. And starting a new thread about it is good for ad revenue, as discussed by Yuna's fans in the thread that got moved to Nationals.

RABID

Final Flight
Nothing adds to a costume or uniform's appeal like winning in it. :cool: (by the way I like it, very tango-ish)

Ven

Match Penalty
And starting a new thread about it is good for ad revenue, as discussed by Yuna's fans in the thread that got moved to Nationals.

Oh you tricky Mao fans :laugh:

Some people will like the dress, some won't. I prefer the original one. But when I see people say "dresses don't matter, we don't need to discuss them"...

I just think, really? What if we like the dress? We can't say how much we like it? And if we can, then why can we only talk about dresses we like and not talk about dresses we don't like? What kind of nonsense is that?

gourry

Final Flight
One valuable lesson I learned from Yuna's SP dress rehearsal: Wait until you see it in a real competition, with a full make-up and hairdo. :eek::
I didn't like the yellow dress but then by the time I watched the competition video and fan cams, I was in love with it.
So, I'll wait until I see this new LP dress in competition! :yes:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I loved the black. This is meh. Yu-na's dresses are usually "off" for me, with the exception of the Olympic ones which were ideal.

Ven

Match Penalty
Maybe Yuna's team is using reverse psychology, aiming to set the bar really low with this dress, so they can go back to the original ones and the fans will appreciate them more than before. :)

CarneAsada

Medalist
Maybe Yuna's team is using reverse psychology, aiming to set the bar really low with this dress, so they can go back to the original ones and the fans will appreciate them more than before. :)
My thinking was that they would sneak in some purple here before switching to a completely purple dress for Sochi. The half-black, half-purple is merely a transition state. ;)

skateluvr

Record Breaker
They are really just ok, all the dresses, nothing special, unique. In her day, Kerrigan was best dressed by far. Kwan had simple elegance thanks to Wang. Japanese are pretty dresses, sometimes too much lace flowers and sequins but better taste thn the men. Russian dresses are often , well, um hideous (not julep tho.).

I don't mind all the extra threads, but mods move everyone's but YuNa's because of complaints. Doris does not deserve a snippy remark about money, ads, views just because it is YuNa. YuNa is never rude., but I think given the fact that her dresses are very middle of the road, she herself gets tired of the national obsession. Her dresses are appropriate so that is good. More important are those programs which need work.

We all want to know which YuNa shows up. Les Mis Yuna or Zagreb YuNa.One is a lock for gold, the other should not be.

Everyone else gets moved to comp folders. It is not a general discussion of costumes as incendiary, or out of bounds re rules.

I will miss the YuNa threads as we will hear nothing and likely many of her fans who are here only for her will never post again. We certainly have discussed and dissected everything she does . (we meaning uber threads). I feel bad because she will never have any privacy ever in Korea for the rest of her life. Vancouver assured that. Does she make Korean National news when she changes a dress? If so this is sad, and it isn't interest- it is obsession. She looks very thin and in person she must be skeletal. I heard her say she hated her chubby cheeks and this is sad she feels she must be reed thin.

For me, I am sad these last two progams are not being changed, as they don't come up to last years and don't come up to Vancouver. But maybe we will see some fire again at Korean Nationals. It is too bad for her fans she did not do the GP even if slightly injured. I guess she is very confident of gold given her scores in Zagreb.

YuNa could have word a beautiful fiery red for Adios Nonino, being so thin, I'd like to see her in color, tho black is always so chic. I wonder what she will do, what direction? It seems like Kwan, she does Paralympics, ambassador type roles. I don't think I have seen a thread where all her interests and education are listed, but then I would never read any thread, fan or otherwise 126 long, or whatever.

She will win if she skates clean, and she will be overscored, most skaters will, except Akiko who must be incredible to get her due. As a 29 year old underdog, it'd be cool to see an upset. I've said in other thread I'd like to see newbies, just to surprise us all -I hope the podium is not locked for the big three who have had many opportunities. besides Julia, I hope ladies as talented, imo as 'big three' have a shot.

At any rate, we have to say goodbye to many skaters this year around the world. It is always sad, and their fans disappear too.

May these be wonderful fairly judged games, and may the top ten skate their best, no falls like top 8? in Vancouver. And may the costumes be beautiful and tasteful. Sotnikova could take a lesson from YuNa and Mao. :sarcasm:

The new dress is fine, except too much back out. It's the short program dress that needs to be re-dyed. ;) Oh well. Go Yuna!

Icey

Record Breaker
No queen wears a dress she has already worn at an event like the Olympics. Neither of the dresses the public has seen will be worn at the Olympics.;)