Yuna Kim's short and long programs

Ven

Match Penalty
Yuna just finished her SP at Korean Nats

(unofficial) world record

Can't wait to see the video!

Krislite

Medalist
Nationals inflation, I admit. But still nice. :)

Yes, she was clean in the short.

PftJump

On the Ice
So many PCS9 in this season's Nats.

It looks like a appropriate score for Yuna. :p

ahy

Final Flight
Korean judges don't tend to give inflation score before, but this time there is a little, but yuna kim was doing very great just now, very smooth

FSGMT

Record Breaker
And remember: 80 points without the spiral sequence and with reduced GOEs compared to the pre-2010 period! ;)

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Wow. I was blown away by her performance. What a true champion. Nice farewell gift from Korea to be sure, but I honestly do not think she was that overscored. So happy :clap:

ahy

Final Flight
Can't wait for the lp, yuna, you are on the right track, don't give yourself to much pressure, enjoy!

YunaBliss

On the Ice
officially my favorite SP of all time.

The most graceful program by the most graceful skater. so soft on the ice. so beautiful.

why is she so perfect? :(

I couldn't agree with you more. But I think she has room for further improvement. Her choreography and presentation got better since Golden Spin.

Ven

Match Penalty
This should silence the doubters and give Yuna confidence.

It's kind of funny, after she finishes her programs this year, she looks different than last season. She has a kind of relieved, giddy expression at times. :laugh:

Krislite

Medalist
And remember: 80 points without the spiral sequence and with reduced GOEs compared to the pre-2010 period! ;)

Her PCS here was 38.37, and her TES was 42.23. In Golden Spin her PCS was 35, so a 3 point "clean bonus". The bonus came from clean technical elements and PCS.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist

- Thanks for the link! :)
- Wow. That was. Wow.
- They started the music 0.5sec after she had taken her position! Some skater would feel irritated / annoyed by that.
- I'd call it perfection, but (please don't shoot me) there's this tiny moment where to me the "spell is broken" a little: Her free leg during her layback spin, before she catches her blade. I'd wish she would stretch it out more ("classic layback" like Sasha Cohen) or alternatively have it all the way down (both feet almost touching each other, like Viktoria Helgesson*) before she catches her blade for the rest of the spin... That's my only 3 seconds where I don't think she rules the world ;)

* at the 1:15 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuYTxFY96rE

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
nationals don't count
and like all nationals it is inflated in a ISU event it will be around 75-76

though her jumps do have more flow now and more speed
she's going back into top form, OGM is hers to lose

CarneAsada

Medalist
Her PCS here was 38.37, and her TES was 42.23. In Golden Spin her PCS was 35, so a 3 point "clean bonus". The bonus came from clean technical elements and PCS.
Out of curiousity, I calculated Kim's maximum possible score. It is 44.33 TES (if I'm doing the math right) and 40 PCS for a total of 84.33. Yuna Kim was judged to be 95.6% perfect at this competition. :laugh:

Edit: Forgot to update the total, realized I'd used a level 3 spin which should've been Lvl4.

Last edited: