Yuna Kim's short and long programs | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim's short and long programs

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Then go hang out there or stay away from Yuna threads since you can't seem to handle the fallout from your ignorant comments about technical superiority or amazing speed (FASTER THAN YUNA) of Akiko, Mao & Ashley.

You are ignorant Nadia to tell people where to go. "Love it or leave it." Sounds like what people say to those who demonstrated against Vietnam. Akiko skated way faster in her Nationals LP. Yuna looked tired. Does that fact upset you? Why? It is a simple fact many noticed. Not personal to you Nadia. So do not attack posters with a different viewpoint. Bad form, very rude, and "ignorant." to use your word. Try to be more pleasant. :)

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Or else it could also be Yuna was singing:
'Isn't it rich?
Isn't it queer?
Losing my timing this late,
in my career
?'

Oh, and what follows:
'And where are the clowns?
Quick send in the clowns
Don't bother they're here'

It might mean timing of her jumps. That is what came to my mind. But she has many more days to fix those.

TO MRS P. I do not know the multiquote feature, but I never said YuNa was the one to get out of GP 'so late in her career' (send in the clowns reference, lol)/ I think she had an injury, and like MANY BEFORE HER like Plush, Kwan, others you mentioned, she used that.

You are putting words in my mouth I did not ever say or think. Secondly, I accuse no one on this board of the savage attack on Akiko. But as you said, it does not "take a rocket scientist" to have read where they came from. So again, do not disparage me from noting what you noted. I never said the Koreans on this board. I and you will never know who and what was behind that. But it seems easy to coordinate. It reminded me of the thing Anonymous does to take down a targeted server. easy to put the word out.

Korea is the most internet saavy place, or close to top, with internet speeds 4x's faster than USA. Interesting facts. I certainly never mean most Koreans. We are well aware YuNa is not safe in Korea from her own atics. I just see very little on GS about the best skate of the year by far. I truly love Akiko because she is so gifted, such an overcomer, so humble, and so unsung. I pray she gets such generous judges as some other skaters. She truly has earned it-very complete, musical skater. And Christinaskater is one to always remind us. There is reality and there is perception. Even false perception often wins over plain reality.

I guess I get upset at the unfair judging that goes with FS. I think Ashley Wagner was unsung and ignored. Her Samson and Delilah program was a masterpiece to me. That to me is OGM program, as was "O" by Akiko last year. If she skates this well...I just hope for her....What an ending to a great comeback it would be. I have come to hope she gets a miracle! I find nothing lacking in her skating.

Or else it could also be Yuna was singing:
'Isn't it rich?
Isn't it queer?
Losing my timing this late,
in my career
?'

Oh, and what follows:
'And where are the clowns?
Quick send in the clowns
Don't bother they're here'

;) I kwew someone would think of that. :)

Actually, Kim's timing was off a bit in the second half if her LP performance. We will just have to wait and see what happens next month.

EricRohmer

On the Ice
In speed & ice coverage, skaters comparable to Yuna are only Caro and Gold, IMO.
I don't worry over a few doubts about Yuna speed at Nats. Because after all, at Sochi all skaters will skate in the same arena (for spectators' evaluation) and will be filmed by the same camera (for TV viewers' evaluation).

bellamie

Spectator
I'm so curious if the users, who said transitions are not enough in Yuna's LP, know what is transition.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
This fan cam of her LP has the best camera work, stable and crystal clear in HD. You can actually make out incredible details including Yuna's face even while her entire figure is always inside the frame:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCXUX4l7VF8

Sadly the sound is disappointing.

I remember this user had the best camerawork during last year's Nationals too. The "official" broadcast didn't change my opinion at all about her Les Miserables program--it actually all really changed when I saw this person's fancam. Funny how different angles can alter your perspective. Honestly, SBS and KBS should have hired this person to do their camerawork.

aftertherain

Record Breaker

Nadia01

Final Flight
You are ignorant Nadia to tell people where to go. "Love it or leave it." Sounds like what people say to those who demonstrated against Vietnam. Akiko skated way faster in her Nationals LP. Yuna looked tired. Does that fact upset you? Why? It is a simple fact many noticed. Not personal to you Nadia. So do not attack posters with a different viewpoint. Bad form, very rude, and "ignorant." to use your word. Try to be more pleasant. :)

My comment to YOU BTW was reference to your complaint about this ENTIRE forum.

I noticed this stuff does not happen at FSU. No vociferous, multi posts with personal attacks seem to be happening there.

Hence my request that you go to FSU if you think it's better there.

Also comparing some squabble here to Vietnam shows how unrealistic your perspective is. This is no life or death here. People DIED in Vietnam in case you didn't know.

BTW - Akiko is faster? How do you know? Were you at JP Nats & KR Nats and saw both skaters live?

I find it amusing you take everything so personally. And I said YOUR OPINION was ignorant, not you. You keep saying stuff without any facts to back up.

Who are the members who say Akiko is faster than Yuna? How do they know? Were they at BOTH nationals in person and saw them skate in person?

Also -- Unlike you, I don't go around and call people "ignorant" for asking me to leave the forum I find distasteful. As I said, if you don't like Golden Skate, then you can leave here and hang out at FSU where people are "nicer" according to you.

Nadia01

Final Flight
I'm so curious if the users, who said transitions are not enough in Yuna's LP, know what is transition.

If skaters you don't like do 'em -- then they're just boring crossovers

If skaters you like do 'em -- then they're amazing, complex transitions

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Frenchie, your custom title cracks me up every time I read it!

:biggrin: ® pending!
One of my less braindead moments ;)

btw: -ichelle seems pretty clear - but who's the Toni for? Harding? Kwiatkowski? -Sabrina Bombardieri?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
:biggrin: ® pending!
One of my less braindead moments ;)

:laugh: well, it's a definitely needed levity to the boards.

btw: -ichelle seems pretty clear - but who's the Toni for? Harding? Kwiatkowski? -Sabrina Bombardieri?

It's actually a combo of my first and middle names (Antonia Michelle). It was how I'd say my name as a toddler and it stuck. WAY back when I first joined message boards at the tender age of 15 I went around as "Hamilton_BrowningFan" (for Scott and Kurt, of course)... but that got to be too long and they were "slowing down" and threatening to retire so when GS moved to vbulletin from ezboard I changed my name. :)

(and I know that was way more info than you asked for...)

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
(and I know that was way more info than you asked for...)

nope, that was exactly what I asked for! ;)
hey, why wouldn't we get some off-topic time as well? ;)
Anyway, cheers to me for associating anything ichelle with Michelle Kwan! ;)
ok, OT over. resume. (I might suggest everyone have a look here That's totally not an OT.)

thinspread

On the Ice
I remember this user had the best camerawork during last year's Nationals too. The "official" broadcast didn't change my opinion at all about her Les Miserables program--it actually all really changed when I saw this person's fancam. Funny how different angles can alter your perspective. Honestly, SBS and KBS should have hired this person to do their camerawork.

Yes. The same person's fancam of Send In The Clowns:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWmgw5v17Ls