Yuna Kim's short and long programs | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim's short and long programs

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Krislite said:

Thank you! I couldn't watch the other version either and was extremely annoyed already :laugh:
That short sticking-her-tongue-out after the performance was so cute! She's really improved since Zagreb and I like the program a lot. And although I'm personally not liking the dress, since there were so many complaints about it, I like that Yuna sticks to it. She should wear what she wants, not necessarily what the fans want :thumbsup:

Ziggy said:
Please. It's a ridiculously inflated Nationals result.

Had she skated this well at an ISU competition, she probably would have earned a new world record, but no way would she get over 80 points.

Isn't the world record 78+? If she would have scored over 78+ in your opinion in an ISU event, how is 80 'ridiculously inflated'?

Krislite

Medalist
Was it Ur'ed though? I mean I'm looking at it right now and it's *slightly UR'ed. It would still be ratified though even if this was an international competition.

Hence the "slow, slow, slow" motion FSGMT was referring to. It depends on the angle and how slooowwww you want to view. Note, however, that her 3/3 is in MUCH better shape at this point in the season than it was at last year's Korean Nationals. It looks perfectly fine to me in real time, which is what the panel uses to call rotations anyway.

hgspam

Spectator
Nvm. It's blocked.

I loved this program from Yuna. She's definitely improved since last month.

Krislite

Medalist
The videos uploaded on youtube may be blocked as well in the near future.
Does this site work for anyone else? (I'm not sure if it's geoblocked. I live in Korea.)

http://sportstv.afreeca.com/?control=view&board=vod&b_no=49766&c_id=etc_highlight&idx=84739&

This was uploaded officially so it won't be blocked by KBS.

It's blocked, unfortunately. Until the official KBS YouTube channel is updated with the video, we won't have a reliable source. I'm hoping a good quality fancam goes up soon. Those are generally not blocked.

Peach

Rinkside
Hence the "slow, slow, slow" motion FSGMT was referring to. It depends on the angle and how slooowwww you want to view. Note, however, that her 3/3 is in MUCH better shape at this point in the season than it was at last year's Korean Nationals. It looks perfectly fine to me in real time, which is what the panel uses to call rotations anyway.

You are right. Her 3/3 looks absolutely wonderful and she hasn''t even peaked yet! Her double axel needs a little work though. I'm sure by Sochi, her jumps are going to be immaculate. I also noticed how confident Yuna looks. It's good to know that she's in top form!

thinspread

On the Ice
that mustard yellow/green/whatever dress is also growing on me.. :laugh:

Same here! I think it's a nice dress. Looks like it was slightly modified after Golden Spin. For one, the skin fabric tone looks more natural.

Yuna's words after the short program:

- I thank the judges for the generous score.

- Today's skate was satisfactory, and it helped my confidence. Warming up was not ideal, but I trusted my practices, stayed calm, and finished the program well. I will work on to perform it with more poise before the Olympics. Tomorrow's LP is more important. I want to finish well and carry the good vibes and confidence to Sochi.

- I was working on steps and spins. At Zagreb I missed some levels in the elements during the second half of the LP. Jumps can be off sometimes, so I want to make sure that I don't miss the levels on other elements.

- My stamina is better than in Croatia. Performing the routine is getting less consuming too, as my body is building memory of the choreography moves.

- The free program dress at Zagreb didn't have the feel we intended when the design was done, so we made some changes for this event. We will re-assess it after the nationals. Costume changes are common. For now I have nothing further to say about it.

- At the last worlds I had some competition jitters since it was the first time in two years at the big event. I don't expect it to be a problem at the Olympics.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Exactly. I didn't mean that it was UR, but that Yu-Na's jumps when landed cleanly are always perfect rotation-wise, and this time looking at the slow-slow-slow motion that the korean tv showed after the competition, the rotation of the 3T was not completed 100% in the air, so we can say that it is not her best, but it doesn't change anything because it would be 99% ratified in international competitions, too (I was just nitpicking ;) )

Sara

On the Ice
Exactly. I didn't mean that it was UR, but that Yu-Na's jumps when landed cleanly are always perfect rotation-wise, and this time looking at the slow-slow-slow motion that the korean tv showed after the competition, the rotation of the 3T was not completed 100% in the air, so we can say that it is not her best, but it doesn't change anything because it would be 99% ratified in international competitions, too (I was just nitpicking ;) )

She actually had problems with the 3T during the warm-up.

Nadia01

Final Flight
She actually had problems with the 3T during the warm-up.

She messed her combination 2 times that I recall. 1st time, no 3T. 2nd time OK. 3rd time botched 3T.

So yes, I was sort of surprised/impressed she nailed it.

Peach

Rinkside
Protocol:

TES
3Lz+3T 10.10 + 2.01 = 12.11
3F 5.30 + 1.75 = 7.05
FCSp4 3.20 + 1.19 = 4.39
2A 3.63x + 1.25 = 4.88
LSp3 2.40 + 0.88 = 3.28
StSq4 3.90 + 1.93 = 5.83
CCoSp4 3.50 + 1.19 = 4.69

PCS
S/S 9.56
T/E 9.38
P/E 9.69
C/C 9.59
I/N 9.75

TES : 42.23
PCS : 38.37
TCS : 80.60

3 judges gave her 10 on interpretation and 2 judges gave 10 on P/E (same as WC 2013 FS). PCS is definitely inflated, but TES sounds about right?

RABID

Final Flight
I think it's great but at the same time everyone knows this is her FINAL competition before her FINAL Olympics. I wouldn't fault a person for believing the scores are loaded with SUBTEXT. A "grain of salt" as they say and if they want to give it, take it... all the way to Sochi. :popcorn:

desertskates

Medalist
Absolutely gorgeous! And I don't find the dress as jarring as I first did. I love, love, love the last spin in this program. :clap:

RABID

Final Flight
I'm so glad I will see her skate live in Sochi!!

I am going to remember you said that and I and probably others are going to be picking your brain relentlessly..... you lucky dog, you. :bow: (Be safe; maybe stay away from crowds)