Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuna Kim's short and long programs

Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    You are ignorant Nadia to tell people where to go. "Love it or leave it." Sounds like what people say to those who demonstrated against Vietnam. Akiko skated way faster in her Nationals LP. Yuna looked tired. Does that fact upset you? Why? It is a simple fact many noticed. Not personal to you Nadia. So do not attack posters with a different viewpoint. Bad form, very rude, and "ignorant." to use your word. Try to be more pleasant.
    My comment to YOU BTW was reference to your complaint about this ENTIRE forum.

I noticed this stuff does not happen at FSU. No vociferous, multi posts with personal attacks seem to be happening there.
    Hence my request that you go to FSU if you think it's better there.

Also comparing some squabble here to Vietnam shows how unrealistic your perspective is. This is no life or death here. People DIED in Vietnam in case you didn't know.

BTW - Akiko is faster? How do you know? Were you at JP Nats & KR Nats and saw both skaters live?

I find it amusing you take everything so personally. And I said YOUR OPINION was ignorant, not you. You keep saying stuff without any facts to back up.

Who are the members who say Akiko is faster than Yuna? How do they know? Were they at BOTH nationals in person and saw them skate in person?

Also -- Unlike you, I don't go around and call people "ignorant" for asking me to leave the forum I find distasteful. As I said, if you don't like Golden Skate, then you can leave here and hang out at FSU where people are "nicer" according to you.

disengage! disengage!

Quote Originally Posted by bellamie View Post
    I'm so curious if the users, who said transitions are not enough in Yuna's LP, know what is transition.
    If skaters you don't like do 'em -- then they're just boring crossovers

If skaters you like do 'em -- then they're amazing, complex transitions

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    disengage! disengage!

Everybody! Remember the cuddling Lion Cubs!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD_FJ2ISyR0

Frenchie, your custom title cracks me up every time I read it!

Frenchie, your custom title cracks me up every time I read it!
    ® pending!
    One of my less braindead moments

btw: -ichelle seems pretty clear - but who's the Toni for? Harding? Kwiatkowski? -Sabrina Bombardieri?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    ® pending!
    One of my less braindead moments
    well, it's a definitely needed levity to the boards.

btw: -ichelle seems pretty clear - but who's the Toni for? Harding? Kwiatkowski? -Sabrina Bombardieri?
    It's actually a combo of my first and middle names (Antonia Michelle). It was how I'd say my name as a toddler and it stuck. WAY back when I first joined message boards at the tender age of 15 I went around as "Hamilton_BrowningFan" (for Scott and Kurt, of course)... but that got to be too long and they were "slowing down" and threatening to retire so when GS moved to vbulletin from ezboard I changed my name.

(and I know that was way more info than you asked for...)

(and I know that was way more info than you asked for...)
    nope, that was exactly what I asked for!
    hey, why wouldn't we get some off-topic time as well?
    Anyway, cheers to me for associating anything ichelle with Michelle Kwan!
    ok, OT over. resume. (I might suggest everyone have a look here That's totally not an OT.)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    Anyway, cheers to me for associating anything ichelle with Michelle Kwan!
    if only you knew my feelings on MK

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    I remember this user had the best camerawork during last year's Nationals too. The "official" broadcast didn't change my opinion at all about her Les Miserables program--it actually all really changed when I saw this person's fancam. Funny how different angles can alter your perspective. Honestly, SBS and KBS should have hired this person to do their camerawork.
    Yes. The same person's fancam of Send In The Clowns:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWmgw5v17Ls

I remember this user had the best camerawork during last year's Nationals too. The "official" broadcast didn't change my opinion at all about her Les Miserables program--it actually all really changed when I saw this person's fancam. Funny how different angles can alter your perspective. Honestly, SBS and KBS should have hired this person to do their camerawork.
    Except they'll always insist on their horrible cameramen.

(And their even more atrocious commentators...)

Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    My comment to YOU BTW was reference to your complaint about this ENTIRE forum.
    ABORT! ABORT!

if only you knew my feelings on MK
    I've been here long enough to know that I don't want to know. Bwahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Except they'll always insist on their horrible cameramen.

(And their even more atrocious commentators...)
    THEY TALK SO MUCH IT DRIVES ME CRAZY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH (I KNOW WHO WE'RE WATCHING PLEASE STOP SAYING HER NAME)

Just out of curiosity, do you speak any Korean? I've always wondered what it means when they say "mee-dah". I don't know if that only means something in context, but I always hear that phrase whenever they talk about Yuna. And sometimes in k-dramas, but that's completely irrelevant.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Yuna started skating in an open ice rink? I m even more impressed.

Custom Title
    Just out of curiosity, do you speak any Korean? I've always wondered what it means when they say "mee-dah". I don't know if that only means something in context, but I always hear that phrase whenever they talk about Yuna. And sometimes in k-dramas, but that's completely irrelevant.
    "....needah" (polite/formal tone) or "....dah" (casual tone) is one of the typical tail parts of the words that correspond to be-verbs or do-verbs in English. Syntactic order for Korean (a Ural-Altaic language) differs from that for English (an Indo-Aryan language), and the be-verbs or do-verbs are usually placed at the end of each sentence in Korean language. That's why you get to hear those very frequently at the end of Korean sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Yuna started skating in an open ice rink? I m even more impressed.
    AFAIK she started skating at an indoor rink near her childhood residence. It looks like the little Yuna in that video clip was in an outdoor exhibition or competition.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by bellamie View Post
    I'm so curious if the users, who said transitions are not enough in Yuna's LP, know what is transition.

Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast