Yuna Kim's short and long programs | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim's short and long programs

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Wow! That score is unreal! :eek: Of course it's inflated but I do think there's a chance she can score close to that in Sochi...maybe 77 or 78. Given that Sochi will be the last time Yu-Na is competing (as well as several others) I expect the scores to be through the roof, especially if they are clean.

I still don't like the dress (it looks boring on her) but this SP has grown on me. I think she was nervous in Zagreb but she looked a lot more relaxed and at ease here. Everything seemed to flow better. Very gentle and quiet...it was lovely.

Excited to see her FS! :popcorn:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oh my Yuna, simply enchanting! Beautifully skated program! Athleticism, artistry and heart,
who could ask for anything more. :clap:

Love her new dress.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Out of curiousity, I calculated Kim's maximum possible score. It is 44.33 TES (if I'm doing the math right) and 40 PCS for a total of 83.93 PCS. Yuna Kim was judged to be 95.6% perfect at this competition. :laugh:

What a beautiful performance! I was willing her to eeeeeeeeek out that 2A. She went so wide that it probably took a lot of control to keep it steady. Perhaps that's why she was "only" 95.6% perfect?

Link (short program + Kiss & Cry + interview): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOaBkawj0cA

Sara

On the Ice
I am going to remember you said that and I and probably others are going to be picking your brain relentlessly..... you lucky dog, you. :bow: (Be safe; maybe stay away from crowds)

Haha :) :) yes, I feel very lucky!! The tickets are really expensive but then again it's the first and last time I'll be able to see my favourite skaters compete before they retire.

Sochi should be pretty safe. You need to have a special spectator pass to move around there. I'm sure there will be new attacks elsewhere in Russia though... :/

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
She looked completely at ease and really let herself perform that. Reminds me of how Michelle used to skate at Nationals, like nothing in the world could shake her. Special performance from yu-na.:clap:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
She's just amazing :clap: Looking forward to her free skate.

LOL about this thread having 8,839 views in less than a day...

Thanks Krislite for links :thumbsup: I guess those 8 000+ viewers have now watched Yuna's superb performance :)

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another perfect technical program from Yu Na. Don't get mad at me, however, if I say that I found it a little boring. I don't like the music and the program is pretty much the same as many of her programs. I didn't feel the emotional aspect like I did with, for example, Akiko's Hymne L'Amour at Japan Nationals.

Thanks so much! Very lovely. I see what people mean about the costume, though. That color doesn't "read" well on a camera--it looks yellowish and doesn't flatter anyone's complexion, even the velvety skin of a world-class beauty like YuNa. I think the color of the back panel would be a nicer overall shade for this. Did I read somewhere that she has changed her outfit since this program?

It happens that "Send in the Clowns" is one of my favorite songs, a lovely number by Sondheim from the play A Little Night Music, so I'm happy that she's chosen it.

RABID

Final Flight
Another perfect technical program from Yu Na. Don't get mad at me, however, if I say that I found it a little boring. I don't like the music and the program is pretty much the same as many of her programs. I didn't feel the emotional aspect like I did with, for example, Akiko's Hymne L'Amour at Japan Nationals.

My opinion is so far from yours. I found the choreography so mesmerizing that I had a hard time focusing on the singular components of the program. It was for me, the total being more than the sum of its parts :love: But I agree with your take on Akiko's performance. It was beautiful.

yyyskate

Record Breaker

I don't get mad at you at all, just feel sorry for you. I am so sorry that you are blind. What a shame!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is an important moment for me, because it's the first time I've actually believed she deserved all the hype.

National inflation score or not, this program is lovely. I love the music, and the way the violins swell. It's beautifully interpreted.

For sure, there are some positions that could use some improvement, but as a total package, this was awesome.

Ophelia

Record Breaker

Yeah, I agree with you. I watched it last night and was "meh" throughout it. I feel like David Wilson's choreography looks the same for alot of her programs post 2010. I think I might like Adios Nonino type music more. Looking forwards to the FS.

vegarin

On the Ice
Man, that was exquisite. I watched a fancam version posted at tumblr and it captured some very detailed movements and expressions she incorporated in between transitions and flow of music. Lovely in subtlety. She never does anything to in-your-face, and you gotta love her confidence that she can put all those little bits in and make them work.

What a difference a few weeks make. I watched the Golden Spin version quickly the other day and maybe it was angles or maybe she wasn't as prepared, but I didn't really see any finer details. This version makes it easier to see them, very beautifully crafted. If she does the same thing, or improve on it even more (like someone said, maybe 2A wasn't her best, though it was certainly +GOE worthy), it'll be a program to remember.

Gigi13

On the Ice
It was so beautiful I started crying :cry: and she has improved greatly from Golden Spin and I'm touched. :bow: :clap: