Reference thread for 2014 U.S. Nationals in Boston
Starting this thread as a central place for useful links and other information (whether already posted in other threads or not):
- Saturday's press release/overview -- marking the beginning of official practice today:
2014 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships Begin Sunday in Boston
U.S. Figure Skating to Nominate 2014 U.S. Olympic Figure Skating Team at Conclusion of Competition
It includes the NBC broadcast schedule and the schedule of IN's streaming for subscribers.
"In addition to subscription video, icenetwork will offer extensive free coverage of the U.S. Championships, including video, live results, event recaps, blogs and photo galleries. Free video content will include interviews, features, press conferences and live technical analysis. Belbin, Hughes, Kwiatkowski and Weiss will host “AT&T Ice Desk Live” throughout the senior events, offering their insight and analysis on the competition. In addition, Belbin, Hughes and YouTube personality Michael Buckley will conduct behind-the-scenes interviews. Icenetwork will provide a unique second-screen experience for fans throughout NBC’s live coverage of the Championships Saturday and Sunday."
ETA, the link for the IceNetwork's FREE backstage stream:
BTW, when the FREE stream is not showing skater interviews or whatever, it seems to provide a live AUDIO feed of some type of competition commentary (Skate Radio??). The crowd reaction is audible. Audio only; no video.
Event hashtag = #Boston2014.
- Official PDF with list of Entries - Juvenile, Intermediate, Novice, Junior, and Senior (thanks, Mrs. P):
- Value-added Senior entries list with hyperlinks to ISU bios painstakingly added by CaroLiza_fan (thanks, CL_fan):
- START ORDERS/RESULTS page:
- Official SCHEDULE page with links to (1) color-coded schedule PDF [as of Dec 22] and (2) Practice Groups PDF [as of Dec 22]:
ETA, the color-coded schedule covers Sat Jan 4 - Sun Jan 12; includes all venues (BCEC, SCB, ,TDG); and includes practice sessions.
- U.S. OLYMPIC TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT on Sun Jan 12:
Noon – Press conference for Ladies, Pairs, Ice Dance
7:10 p.m. – Press conference for Men and Olympic Team Event
7:00 - 7:30 pm: Google+ Hangout with 2014 U.S. Figure Skating Olympic Team
More information in a separate GS thread:
I plan to come back and add more to this post.
Hope others will contribute too.