Reference thread for 2014 U.S. Nationals in Boston | Golden Skate

Reference thread for 2014 U.S. Nationals in Boston

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Starting this thread as a central place for useful links and other information (whether already posted in other threads or not):

- Saturday's press release/overview -- marking the beginning of official practice today:
2014 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships Begin Sunday in Boston
U.S. Figure Skating to Nominate 2014 U.S. Olympic Figure Skating Team at Conclusion of Competition

It includes the NBC broadcast schedule and the schedule of IN's streaming for subscribers.

"In addition to subscription video, icenetwork will offer extensive free coverage of the U.S. Championships, including video, live results, event recaps, blogs and photo galleries. Free video content will include interviews, features, press conferences and live technical analysis. Belbin, Hughes, Kwiatkowski and Weiss will host “AT&T Ice Desk Live” throughout the senior events, offering their insight and analysis on the competition. In addition, Belbin, Hughes and YouTube personality Michael Buckley will conduct behind-the-scenes interviews. Icenetwork will provide a unique second-screen experience for fans throughout NBC’s live coverage of the Championships Saturday and Sunday."​

ETA, the link for the IceNetwork's FREE backstage stream:

BTW, when the FREE stream is not showing skater interviews or whatever, it seems to provide a live AUDIO feed of some type of competition commentary (Skate Radio??). The crowd reaction is audible. Audio only; no video.​

Event hashtag = #Boston2014.​

- Official PDF with list of Entries - Juvenile, Intermediate, Novice, Junior, and Senior (thanks, Mrs. P):

- Value-added Senior entries list with hyperlinks to ISU bios painstakingly added by CaroLiza_fan (thanks, CL_fan):

- START ORDERS/RESULTS page:

- Official SCHEDULE page with links to (1) color-coded schedule PDF [as of Dec 22] and (2) Practice Groups PDF [as of Dec 22]:

ETA, the color-coded schedule covers Sat Jan 4 - Sun Jan 12; includes all venues (BCEC, SCB, ,TDG); and includes practice sessions.​

- U.S. OLYMPIC TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT on Sun Jan 12:
Noon – Press conference for Ladies, Pairs, Ice Dance
7:10 p.m. – Press conference for Men and Olympic Team Event
7:00 - 7:30 pm: Google+ Hangout with 2014 U.S. Figure Skating Olympic Team​

I plan to come back and add more to this post.

Hope others will contribute too. :)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Be careful with NBC schedule . My local isnt following it. It is only broadcasting some of it and time shifting the rest. Chris cooling his heals at MSP for a few hours

traz66

Rinkside

- Official SCHEDULE page with links to (1) color-coded schedule PDF [as of Dec 22] and (2) Practice Groups PDF [as of Dec 22]:

. :)

Hello- I've been looking for a practice schedule. The link you posted has the practice groups, but is there a separate schedule showing when/where the groups are practicing? Thanks!!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Be careful with NBC schedule . My local isnt following it. It is only broadcasting some of it and time shifting the rest.

Good point, Chris. :)
(Thus the mantra ;)/caveat inevitably included in this and other schedules: "Check your local listings.")

Glad to see from the other thread that you arrived safely in Boston. Have a great time. Look forward to all your eyewitness observations from there. :popcorn:

Here is the link for the practice and competition schedule: http://www.boston2014.com/wp-content/uploads/2014USFSChampsMatrixScheduleDraft1.11.pdf

It is also in the link that golden411 posted - it is the matrix schedule in pdf format.

Thx to MFarone :) for answering traz66's question.

(In case it is of any future help, I will go back and edit my previous post for clarification. :))

waxel

Final Flight
Thanks golden411 for the info. Please continue with updates- it's very helpful!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
"In addition to subscription video, icenetwork will offer extensive free coverage of the U.S. Championships, including video, live results, event recaps, blogs and photo galleries. Free video content will include interviews, features, press conferences and live technical analysis. Belbin, Hughes, Kwiatkowski and Weiss will host “AT&T Ice Desk Live” throughout the senior events, offering their insight and analysis on the competition. In addition, Belbin, Hughes and YouTube personality Michael Buckley will conduct behind-the-scenes interviews. Icenetwork will provide a unique second-screen experience for fans throughout NBC’s live coverage of the Championships Saturday and Sunday."[/INDENT]

@icenetwork
The FREE backstage stream -- featuring @TanithJLB, @buckhollywood & @SarahHughesNY -- is live! http://www.icenetwork.com/video/v31294629 #Boston2014
1:13 PM - 9 Jan 14
https://twitter.com/icenetwork/status/421389287393751040

I have added the link to post #1 above.

BTW, when the FREE stream is not showing skater interviews or whatever, it seems to provide a live AUDIO feed of some type of competition commentary (Skate Radio??). The crowd reaction is audible. Audio only, no video.