I made it! | Golden Skate

I made it!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The Seaport is the facyest place I ever stayed at in 64 years. It feels funny actually. BTW, you have to agree to pay for the whole stay up front. Now for some food...then tomarrow a 21 buck breakfast buffet. Into the breach, as they say.:eek:

mare

Rinkside
I'm glad you made it safely, Coyote Chris. I'll try to spot you at the Seaport Hotel next week when I arrive so that I can say hello. I feel like I know you from all of your posts. Enjoy the competition.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The Seaport is the facyest place I ever stayed at in 64 years. It feels funny actually. BTW, you have to agree to pay for the whole stay up front. Now for some food...then tomarrow a 21 buck breakfast buffet. Into the breach, as they say.:eek:

Glad you got there safely! See you in a few days!

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Glad you made it CoyoteChris. Enjoy the breakfast buffet. I read elsewhere that the food concessions at BCEC closed around 5 p.m. on Saturday...don't know what the hours will be Sunday.

I'm so nervous I feel sick :cry:. I'm supposed to fly out of Cleveland Monday morning early and now a major winter storm is predicted starting Sunday and carrying over into Monday. Forecasts are about 8 in. snow and wind followed by arctic temperatures of -15F. Hoping, hoping, hoping the weather reports are wrong and it isn't nearly as bad as what they are predicting.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Glad you made it CoyoteChris. Enjoy the breakfast buffet. I read elsewhere that the food concessions at BCEC closed around 5 p.m. on Saturday...don't know what the hours will be Sunday.

I'm so nervous I feel sick :cry:. I'm supposed to fly out of Cleveland Monday morning early and now a major winter storm is predicted starting Sunday and carrying over into Monday. Forecasts are about 8 in. snow and wind followed by arctic temperatures of -15F. Hoping, hoping, hoping the weather reports are wrong and it isn't nearly as bad as what they are predicting.
I know the feeling well. I wish you well and blue skys and fair winds

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I'm glad you made it safely, Coyote Chris. I'll try to spot you at the Seaport Hotel next week when I arrive so that I can say hello. I feel like I know you from all of your posts. Enjoy the competition.

Great! Say howdy do to an old man. 3 comps today. Will report on the BCEC setup. I can see Whiskey priest right out my 17 floor window. Chris getting used to oppulance at Seaport.. May spend rest of winter here. Oh wait, my honey is back in Spokane. Never mind.:laugh:

waxel

Final Flight
Mfarone, I'm nervous too. I'll be trying to get from Dallas to Boston on Tuesday morning. Weather will be fine here--- but elsewhere... ugh.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Good luck on Tuesday waxel! Don't know what will happen tomorrow....its raining now with temps dropping to freezing and snow predicted! :eek:

Well just was notified that my flight for Monday has been cancelled. It doesn't appear I will get out of Cleveland until Wednesday evening. If I make it to the hotel in Boston by midnight Wednesday I'll probably be lucky. The awful part is I can't even get a hold of United to see if there is any chance of departing Cleveland earlier on Wednesday because all agents are busy. Don't know what to say :disapp:

Mfarone, I'm nervous too. I'll be trying to get from Dallas to Boston on Tuesday morning. Weather will be fine here--- but elsewhere... ugh.

b-man

Final Flight
Glad you made it Chris. I planned driving Monday from midwest, about a 14 hour drive in good weather. Temps forecast for 0 in morning dropping to -8 later in day. May delay departing until Tuesday, but not much better then. Have a good time everyone, I will make it sometime.

Jedi

On the Ice
I am so nervous for Gracie and Ashley; too bad I have to work. There will be lots of tears - thrill winning and the agony of defeat - lots of tears.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Glad you made it Chris. I planned driving Monday from midwest, about a 14 hour drive in good weather. Temps forecast for 0 in morning dropping to -8 later in day. May delay departing until Tuesday, but not much better then. Have a good time everyone, I will make it sometime.
There is one nice thing about driving. It is ver seldom you are trapped for three days like youcan be due to an uncaring air trasport system,...deregulating the air trasport system was one big mistake. Are there any other countries that deregulated theirs or allow prescription drug advertising on tv?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Cross fingers for flights not to be cancelled tomorrow night! Conditions look a lot better tomorrow and my flight is direct from Seattle to Boston...but sadly delays have plagued many of us!

MFarone, hoping that you make it tomorrow night and waxel glad you made it safety (and got to eat some good food already; looking forward to breaking bread with you soon!)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
safe travels friends! try to check in to let us know you made it and then represent GS well! :rock:

And don't worry, Mrs. P, I'll take good care of the She--oops--SEAhawks while you're away. ;) :laugh:

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
safe travels friends! try to check in to let us know you made it and then represent GS well! :rock:

And don't worry, Mrs. P, I'll take good care of the She--oops--SEAhawks while you're away. ;) :laugh:

Yes, safe travels! Glad you got there safely CoyoteChris. I'm freezing down here in Texas and would not even dream of going to Boston now, lest we never land! Enjoy it!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yes, safe travels! Glad you got there safely CoyoteChris. I'm freezing down here in Texas and would not even dream of going to Boston now, lest we never land! Enjoy it!

we've been warmer here in Kenai, Alaska than most of the lower 48... if I didn't want the cold/snow so much I'd find it more amusing.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Good morning! Mr. And Mrs. P had made it to Boston! Smooth flight; I got some sleep even! See you at junior men in a few hours.

It sounds as if the game's afoot! I hope everyone else has gotten in safely, and that no one misses any events. I can't wait to hear of your adventures!