Bavarian Open 2014 Jan 29 to Feb 2 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Bavarian Open 2014 Jan 29 to Feb 2

Robin26

Rinkside
Thank you so much to Alex and Ziggy for all the information. Will anyone be at the Dragon Trophy or Hellmutt? there are a few senior ladies Im interested in?

Alex D

Record Breaker
Thank you so much to Alex and Ziggy for all the information. Will anyone be at the Dragon Trophy or Hellmutt? there are a few senior ladies Im interested in?

I sadly wont :(

The missing Senior Ladies will be added soon. ;)

Alex D

Record Breaker
Ice Dance FS Advanced

1. Eva ZOPORIZHSKAYA / Alexander BALYKOV 45.31 = 67.86

Those two are a wonderful couple and have a lovely harmony on the ice - she is a real darling so to speak and he def. gets all those little girls totally excited and most likely the grown ups as well. They skated to Mamboleo and I absolutely loved their outfit and how they used the "lion" theme for their emotes and poses, already at the intro.

I assume that Elena & Nikita as youngsters also had that charming & warm feeling on the ice, sad its gone now. However, that couple here, beautiful and cute! Some for the future if you like emotions on the ice and charming performances.

2. Maria MARCHNKO / Egor POZDNIAKOV 40.12 = 62.04

For me the best today if it comes to what they actually did based on the elements, speed, lines. Their Twizzle (level 4) was absolutely flawless from what I could see. The speed, especially in the first was wicked. Maria also has that fantastic expression on her face - its shocking as I mentioned yesterday. Very difficult lifts as well, I am currently not sure why they got 5 points less than the winners - need to check for the scores there. Big big talents those two - that said, being Russian is going to be their burden and gift. What I see as almost perfect, might be not enough for their fed.

Update:

After checking the scores I know now what happened. The Russians have an invalid curve lift, while I didnt had a stop watch running, I believe it wasnt held long enough. What a shame!

3. Hana GASSOUMI / Corentin RAHIER FRA 38.25 = 55.15

This young couple here reminded me totally of Sarah and Adria, she has so much fire allready in her eyes and they make great lifts and have a wonderful harmony as well.

4 Jade MARCHAL / Theo LE MERCIER FRA 35.37 = 52.99

You need to love Jade, always the eyes in the crowd - very enjoyable skate.

5 Diana SCHEIDT / Asaf KAZIMOV GER 36.00 = 52.97

Oh dear they lost quite a few positions,due issues on the Twizzles, but still a charming couple nontheless.

6 Julia WAGRET / Mathieu COUYRAS FRA 34.84 = 51.56

They skated to toxic, he has a brilliant face expression in my opinion - very good FS of them.

7 Anne-Marie WOLF / Kieren WAGNER GER 37.62 = 50.80

Fantastic couple! They are one of the smallest, but so lovely! They had the 4th FD, their twizzles looked very good and in harmony, lovely expression on their faces - very funny & entertaining choreo. They would be mch higher if he wouldnt had fallen yesterday - keep track of those!

8 Francesca RIGHI / Alessandro PAPETTTI ITA 33.32 = 47.43
9 Katerina BUNINA / Andrei SOKOLOV EST 29.40 = 42.99
10 Katjuscha ALWART / Adrian WOLF GER 31.22 = 42.90
11 Aliena SCHOBER / Markus KÖNIG ERCM/MEV GER 28.83 = 41.97

Loved their cats theme!

12 Viktoria SEMENJUK / Artur GRUZDEV EST 27.67 = 41.01

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Alex D, thanks for the ice dance info. I will be looking for these teams next fall on jpg.

Nirti

Medalist

Do you have a link with the entries? I can't find it :(

sedrik

Spectator
Thank you, Alex D, for the information! This is awesome!

(And yay, my first post here! I've been a long-time lurker :D )

Alex D

Record Breaker
Thank you, Alex D, for the information! This is awesome!

(And yay, my first post here! I've been a long-time lurker :D )

Your welcome & enjoy your time here ;)

Senior Ladies are updated on page four now.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Junior Men results FS top 5:

1. Deniss Vasiljevs 180.79

Big smiles during his step sequence, always trying to establish eye contact with the crowd, quite a sad music theme, well performed - difficult jumps (triple Lutz, Lutz + Toe, triple Sal - single Toe - triple Sal) and great spins with lovely speed.

2. Daniel Samohin 156.66

Triple Lutz, Triple Toe - double Toe, Triple Lutz - double Toe. Flip didnt look good.

3. Egor Murasov 154.13

Looks like he just came out of the dryer, ragged clothes, his hair not really done - but then that performance. It had everything, the emotions especially in his step sequence and the steps towards the end right infront of us (opposite judges) - he puts a lot of passion into those and has a wonderful expression in his face. He fell at the Flip, but had a lovely double Axel - triple Toe.

4. Genki Suzuki 152.49

5. Alexander Bjelde

missed him due VC Ice Dance. But I heard he did triple Lutz - double Toe, triple Sal,

Alex D

Record Breaker
Senior Ladies quick info.

First group through,

Seidi not doing so well, I loved her steps and choreo but jumps... All the support of the finnish team didnt help today. Isabelle currently leading but she also didnt had much to offer sadly :( Anelli didnt start sadly, what a shame.

Group 2 now with Kaat and Timila!

Well,

Kaat did start good with her comb, but then it all somehow went downhill :(. Josefine skated to New York New York a more on elegance and sexyness based FS, however also she had quite a few errors on her jump elements, Nicole is currently leading - she had nice moments for sure, I love her posing during the skate always an eye catcher, Timi... well she had the best music so far, almost like a EXH - I will just ignore the jumping performance for now and last but not least Jana who is currently on twohad wonderful last 30 seconds, I totally love that one Element she does (dont recall the real name, I just always call it the Sasha Cohen - an element that hardly any skater does sadly)

Group 3 now with Tina. Jenni Urban, Kim, Antonia and Alina. I have a good feeling about Tina today, she looks ready to score high.

Oh well, even Jenni lost her smile today on the ice :( Tina did also not have her best day, still beautiful skating of her. Most girls in the group went for the black glitter outfit today. Alina currently leading before Antonia.

Group 4

It was 16.51 when the sun came out at Oberstdorf. Anna did skate so lovely, she has a great FS with wonderful parts where she just stands there and smiles at you. Also Joshi was very nice, an almost sensual program for Victorias little sister. She has also won with 162.93 before Anna with 151.33 and Anais with 138.60 (very fast skating parts and fantastic music with the haunting voices, very elegant young lady)

Back from the VC and here are the results for all girls (reviews will follow)

1 Joshi HELGESSON SWE 162.93 2 1
2 Anna OVCHAROVA SUI 151.33 1 2
3 Anais VENTARD FRA 138.62 4 3
4 Elizaveta UKOLOVA CZE 137.90 3 4
5 Jennifer PARKER ECO GER 129.16 5 5
6 Alina FJODOROVA LAT 121.87 9 6
7 Antonia DUBININA RUS 120.16 8 8
8 Tina STÜRZINGER SUI 116.51 7 10
9 Nicole SCHOTT GER 116.22 13 7
10 Jennifer URBAN ECO GER 112.42 6 13
11 Kim BELL NED 111.72 10 11
12 Jana COUFALOVA CZE 109.89 15 9
13 Kaat VAN DAELE BEL 108.57 12 12
14 Timila SHRESTHA FIN 103.87 14 14
15 Josefine TALJEGARD SWE 100.92 11 17
16 Isabelle PIEMAN BEL 100.73 16 15
17 Seidi RANTANEN FIN 95.65 17 16
18 Deborah SACCHI ITA 87.52 19 18

Alex D

Record Breaker
Junior Ice Dance

G1

1 Laureline AUBRY / Kevin BELLINGARD

2 Marisa SAILER / Theo BAUTA

3 Rebeka KIM / Kirill MINOV

He fell in Twizzler :(

4 Florence CLARKE / Tim DIECK

5 Daria MOROZOVA / Mikhail ZHIRNOV 53.10

Loved their twizzle, they were so close to each other, sadly she had a tiny "wobble" at the steps opposite judge side.

G2

6 Myriam GASSOUMI / Clement LE MOLAIRE 38.63

Myriam always smiling, liked their straight line lift, sadly an error at the twizzle.

7 Kimberly BERKOVICH / Ronald ZILBERBERG 37.31

8 Sofia Lucrezia SFORZA / Leo Luca SFORZA 39.06

Great curve lift

9 Laura BOUTARY / Axel LAMASSE 41.74

10 Magdalena ROSSIGNOLI / Samuele ROSSIGNOLI 22.59

G3

11 Claire JOHNSON / Wendelin BOCK 34.14

12 Eva KHACHATURIAN / Igor EREMENKO 52.88

13 Natalie RAFSCHNEIDER / Peter BERGMANN 26.60

Aww she need a hug, issues at Twizzles :(

14 Sarah VADSKJAER GRAPEK / Malcolm JONES 36.08

He had a few issues at some of the elements sadly.

15 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN 59.05

Well russian quality.

G4

16 Olivia SMART / Joseph BUCKLAND 46.73

He almost fell at the Twizzle but recovered nicely, loved their funny emotes in the second part, they had an amazing lift with position changes, that was sooo fast!

17 Marina ELIAS / Denis KORELINE 38.17

Those two are really something for the eye. Lovely! They might not have gotten that many points, but with the right program something for the emotional under us. (similar to Ossi & Henna) They had a nice harmoney I think and I also didnt see any major mistakes in the steps etc. Liked their straight line lift.

18 Katerina KONICKOVA / Mateji LANG 44.34

I loved their posing after the first change in music, that was something else to the usual staff other pairs do I would say. She sadly had a wobble at one of the sequences at the end.

19 Loreen GEILER / Sven MIERSCH 41.03

Their curve lift was almost in a circle, really liked the last 2 twizzles in their tw4. Nice couple, sadly she slipped once.

20 Christine SMITH / Simon EISENBAUER 36.61

G5

21 Benedetta BIFFI / Lorenzo GIOSSI 34.50

Great straight line lift!

22 Polina GORLOV / Eduard VISHNYAKOV 37.28

Polinas dress! Nice lift at the end of their routine.

23 Ria SCHWENDINGER / Valentin WUNDERLICH 36.26

Liked the Twizzle of them, not the parallel twizzle most pairs do, but the so to speak "non parallel" one where they move towards each other and than cross each others way. Good speed at the curive lift as well.

24 Carina GLASTRIS / Nicholas LETTNER 38.22

25 Carolina MOSCHENI / Adam LUKACS 47.31

God is Carolina beautiful and it got even better with that dress, if you dont mind me pointing that out. Our Forum dress police will hate it *laughs* At the twizzle he sadly fell, loved the height at the curve lift.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Ice Dance Seniors SD review

Senior Ice Dance SD

1 Yura MIN / Timothy KOLETO 44.53

Liked their no touch, stationary was decent as well. Some issues at their Finnsteps.

2 Xeniya KOROBKOVA / Daryn ZHUNUSSOV 46.75

Loved the speed in their twizzle, she just had a minor step at the last turn which could have cost them some points. Rota lift had a good speed as well, she is very charming and for sure is the boss in that duo! There were some errors in the Finnsteps I believe.

3 Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA / Neil BROWN 47.12

Loved their Finnsteps sequence, great syncro there and speed and we all know they do great lifts, dont we?

4 Valeria ZENKOVA / Valeriy SINITSIN 50.96

She has a wonderful red glitter dress with some black / brown and a tiara and black ear clips. Great smile of her too - very nice "pose" in the rotational lift - he sadly struggled at some steps and the twizzle. (tw4)

Group 2

5 Ramona ELSENER / Florian ROOST 45.72

We all know their rotational lift dont we? As always, wonderful how high it is her leg on his shoulder! Twizzle were clean as well.

6 Justyna PLUTOWSKA / Peter GERBER 53.46

I think he is my fav. guy at the Ice Dance. Peter is such a great person on the ice, I love this guy a lot! Their performance today was really great, the curve lift at the end with her heads down - big stuff! Also both sequences were nicely done.

7 Olesia KARMI / Max LINDHOLM 44.41

I liked their rotational lift with one hand by Max, also the no touch was nice.

8 Henna LINDHOLM / Ossi KANERVO 53.20

WOW! THey nailed it today, wonderfull. I dont think I saw them both that good before and I really follow them closely. Great lines, speed, edges and expression. I have been waiting for them all day, so happy now!

They performed a rotational lift today, it looked so lovely and no wobbles or anything, also the no touch was fine and one of the Finnsteps even got a level three - thats great!

9 Cecile POSTIAUX / Richard POSTIAUX

Those did not start.

Group 3

10 Barbora SILNA / Juri KURAKIN 45.77

They did a nice curve lift, but had a few errors at the Finnsteps and their Twizzle. However, I really like that they always check with the crowd!

11 Cecilia TÖRN / Jussiville PARTANEN 43.32

Love her smile, liked the speed at some parts.

12 Gabriela KUBOVA / Matej NOVAK 51.60

They were in good shape today, I liked their no touch.

13 Shari KOCH / Christian NÜCHTERN 52.72

I think they were not fully happy, but still a decent SD with a great serpentine lift and a good FS sequence - but the begin of the Twizzle wasnt so good sadly and I believe there was a tiny error at the no touch.

14 Allison REED / Vasili ROGOV

They did not start

Alex D

Record Breaker
Updated the Ice Dance Senior, Bed time now - in 7 hours the pairs will skate so GN :)

Alex D

Record Breaker
Junior Pairs FS

1 Molly LANAGHAN / Jake ASTILL 62.49 - 96.41

They opened with a lovely pair comb spin, they look great together. Slight isues at their lifts like the lasso and hand to hand, they also performed a double twist, their double Rittberger sadly not clean as he fell, the throw Rittberger however was clean. I really enjoyed how some elements were placed in their routine, fit really lovely to the music as for example their Flip Axel combination.

2 Julia LINCKH / Konrad HOCKER-SCHOLLER -

Those did not start

3 Ami KOGA / Francis BOUDREAU-AUDET 70.46 - 108.52

She sadly fell at their triple Toe combo, also the triple Toe throw jump was hardly up in the air at all, also just a single Axel by her. However, their inside DS was great and also the hand to hand lift. They actually communicate in english - not sure how much she understands though, but up she obviously does as the side by side worked fine.

4 Bianca MANACORDA / Niccolo MACII 80.05 - 123.32

Great lifts at the end, last also with a stop in rotation which is very difficult and therefore gives tons of points! The throw Sal sadly didnt work so well (2ft?). Good doubl Flip - double Toe as well, I liked their comb spin as well and that he throws her high and wide, just on the landings - but still brave to actually do a throw like that in juniors.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Senior Pairs FS

1 Amany FANCY / Christopher BOYADJI 91.35 - 142.19

I said it before, but I love how their dresses actually work together. She has more red than black parts and he the exact opposite, great! They have some nice choreographic elements as well,like those little dance steps with the poses in the choreographed sequence and they have improved their PB from Budapest by about 15 points! Nice work for the pair that does practice at Oberstdorf - just a real shame that we have no visitors this morning, just some skaters saw their flawless routine :( - wonderful sympathic those two!

As for the elements, they showed a toe & Axel lasso lift, an double Axel combination, a triple throw Sal and double Flip.

2 Giulia FORESTI / Luca DEMATTE 90.36 - 144.40

She was down on the ice in their double Axel comb jump sadly, they performed the Axel and Step Lasso lift today, latter had a tiny elbow bend me thinks and she fell at the triple Rittberger throw jump (Sal was fine - deep in the kneews she was). Lovely music, they did skate to D´Artagnan - liked the choreo a lot.

3 Katarina GERBOLDT / Alexander ENBERT 93.88 - 150.19

Lovely pair, but not flawless today. The throw (triple Flip) wasnt catched properly, also some landings seemed either two footed or they fell (triple Sal) - still I love their choreo. They performed a triple Toe - double Toe - double Toe, but had to abord their Axel Lasso at the end. Still very emotional performance in my opinion.

4 Julia ANTIPOVA / Nodari MAISURADZE 113.95 - 178.09

Great Choreo, loved the speed in the DS - sadly he fell at the side by side spin. Always crazy however, how high he throws Julia and it was a triple Lutz! Wicked I think. Julia had her hands on the ice at the double Sal - double Toe side by side jump :( What I liked was how they came back together after the no touch sequence - fit great with the music there. Their lifts were really nice, like the step lasso or hand to hip at the end.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Quick top three for senior Men

1. Ivan Righini 202.21

Wonderful program, triple Axel at the start (second only double), also a combo with triple Axel - double Toe (I believe triple planned?) so emtional and then suddenly funny! Nice Tano in the comb, really like this guy. Also a triple Lutz and a triple Lutz - single Rittberger - triple Sal. He got a nice big teddy bear ;)

2. Franz Streubel 185.06

Great start, then he struggled with his jump elements sadly. First the quad toe and the triple Axel nicely, second planned triple Axel only double sadly. He almost shaved the young lady opposite of me her face with his blade at one point in his program, she looked a bit scared.

3. Petr Coufal 183.21

With a better SP he would be a lot higher now, that said, third place aint bad either. Just one bigger mistake today when he opened up the triple Lutz. Triple Flip - double Toe, Rittberger Sal (3-2) - liked his clean skate a lot and no broken blade this time!

4 Paul FENTZ 182.72

Second in FS, a very solid program today he also went for the quad toe, but sadly fell - triple Lutz - Toe landed very well. Shame about yesterday.

5 Kirill SOKOLOV 180.45
6 Evgeniy VLASOV 179.52
7 Peter HALLAM 165.22
8 Valtter VIRTANEN 161.73
9 Matteo RIZZO 144.62
10 Gaylord LAVOISIER 138.38
11 Marcus BJÖRK 135.78
12 Julian LAGUS 134.34