Bavarian Open 2014 Jan 29 to Feb 2 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Bavarian Open 2014 Jan 29 to Feb 2

Alex D

Record Breaker
At. 16:50 which is in about 50 minutes, we will continue with the first group of the Junior Ladies. Judges scores should be online any second.

Junior Ladies I

G1.

1 Jenni SAARINEN 45.32

She is skating to a Flamengo, loved her outfit! She is a cute one no doubt. In the warm up triple - triple, also in her routine very nice, especially the second - great height. Sadly the triple Rittberger later didnt work and she had to open it up after one rotation - decent double Axel late in the program however! She didnt score that high, but she has a lot potential for sure!

2. Alissa SCHEIDT 46.77

Ya, nice performance! I like this one a lot. Well performed jumps, triple Sal - double Toe comb looked nice, also the double Axel. While others lose her flowers, she kept hers - and those spins were fantastic to look at. Just one minor mistake, the triple Rittberger wasnt fully rotated. Seen her a few times this season, but always a great girl to watch at!

3. Rebecca GHILARDI 40.42

No triples, but still a great performance of double Axel, double Lutz - double Toe and double Rttberger. Loved her spin at the end, and the flying earlier. Cool stepsequence as well, nice attitude! As you see, you dont need big jumps to entertain!

4. Elena RYVKINA -

Sadly the girl from Israel is not on the ice.

G2

5. Chiara THIELE 39.27

Clean performance without any triples, but the double Lutz - double Toe comb. She is a very sympathic figure on the ice. Always positive on the ice, never lost her smile.

6 Paula MIKOLAJCZYK 36.55

Her flying sit spin got a 4, the jumps while double were okish and well spread.

7 Nadine SEIDL 29.30

Not the best day for her, but I am sure the FS will be a lot better.

8 Zselyke KENEZ -

The Romanian is not on the ice.

9 Matilde BATTAGIN 33.38

Great how she used the music for some of her elements, like some little "jumps" here and there. Really enjoyed that, so I did her spins. Unfortunately did she had a fall on her combo and the Axel missed some rotation.

G3

10 Liubov EFIMENKO 38.40

Red hair, still some jumpings probs during warm up and also in her routine where she fell on the second jump in her comb, the Sal was already not fully rotated :(. Nice opening withthe triple Rittberger though.
It also seemed that she forgot to jump on her Axel, as it was just a small hop :( Great dress nontheless, a bit like a feather on the ice, hopefully she is able to perform clean in the LP.

11. Maria MARTINEZ 33.90

She did skate to Schindlers list and while she isnt a Julia and from Russia, but from Spain - I still was touched! There was no noise, you could hear a needle drop. Her jumps while not the highest difficulty, still clean. However she had a double Lutz - double Toe, which is not that easy as we know. Lutz is nasty :D

Ya she was great, also lovely double Axex and nice spins, great skate!

12 . Ana CATANA -

Not here sadly.

13 Lea HAUER 37.09

She also picked some soccer music today, great energy during the whole program. I liked her positive attitude most, always smiling - lots of fire from her today and a good fighting spirit on her combo of triple Toe - double Toe where she struggled a tiny bit. Lovely spins, two level 4´s - very enjoyable skate she had in her green dress.

14 Michaela Cymberleigh DU TOIT 42.52

She was a joy to watch. The south african performed to some Saloon music, you know the stuff you see in every Western movie. Michaela was also dressed like one of the ladies there and had the same fire in her eyes, also lots of respect to her great flexibility, that lay back - wow!
She opened her routine with a great triple Toe - double Toe, I believe the triple Rittberger is in her - today just a double however. Nice double Axel too, in general, she spread her jump elements nicely and it never got boring!

Sara

On the Ice
Oh no, it wasn't the best day for the Finns it seems. Jenni can do much better, I think her PB is 57 and something. Liubov too.. I think she was trying her new triple triple combo but it didn't work out. She hasn't done any 3-3 yet in competitions. There's still Nelma Hede to skate but she hasn't done too well this season. Keeping my thumbs up. Really nice to see a good skater from RSA! I hope she keeps improving.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Oh no, it wasn't the best day for the Finns it seems. Jenni can do much better, I think her PB is 57 and something. Liubov too.. I think she was trying her new triple triple combo but it didn't work out. She hasn't done any 3-3 yet in competitions. There's still Nelma Hede to skate but she hasn't done too well this season. Keeping my thumbs up. Really nice to see a good skater from RSA! I hope she keeps improving.

Her triple Toe - triple Toe was alright, but she didnt had a second triple Jump. She opened up the Rittberger (Loop) and only got one Rota there.

Ljubov had the triple Rittberger, but no combo :( Ya... a combination of both skaters would had scored in the 50´s for sure - but ya, both have a lot more potential than shown.

Full results at the post above ;)

Alex D

Record Breaker
Junior Ladies II

1 Tina HELLEKEN 32.22

She fell twice :( First on her Toe combination and afterwards on the jump without the toe pick - her Rittberger. Loved her flying sit however and her dress, so lovely! Solid double Axel too.

2 Angelina KUCHVALSKA 44.87

Amazing skate, she was always spot on with her transitions. Great timings - loved this skater a lot and the smiles she gave us. Good double Axel as well and a great combo of triple Sal - double Toe and all spins were level 4! Brilliant start in the first group, nice work young Lady!

3 Kathryn WINSTANLEY 29.09

Aww she is a bit like Inga, not the fastest skater but still great to watch! I hope to see her in the FS tomorrow and that her jumps wont let her down then, she had to fight hard at some today like the Lutz - Toe combination.

4 Gina GEIGER 23.25

She had her hair like Rapunzel and got hit by her tail so often..., but I guess she wasnt disturbed that much by it. Just a single Axel, but a good double Lutz - double Toe.

5 Lotte TAUBERT 30.40

Loved her intro of the step sequence and how she performed this element. The axel didnt work that well, just a single - still I think she got quite some talent.

Group 2

6 Kristinna VAGTBORG 36.21

I always had to think about a leaf dancing in the wind, during her performance. She gains quite some speed when she is in the air, there is a lot potential for sure if we talk about triples. Shame that her combo didnt work today.

7 Netta SCHREIBER 37.58

Just the double Axel was clean. She was really fast on the ice during the first minute - slowed down later and sadly also fell twice during her triple Rittberger and the triple Sal combo.

8 Elena MANGAS 36.55

She had pink blades and started nicely with a triple Sal - double Toe combination. I also loved her last spin, that looked great!

9 Rebecca SCHWÄMMLE 32.02

Cowboy outfit, no double Axel - just a single. She performed a double Lutz - double Toe combination and a double Rittberger. Lovely spins she has, check them out!

10 Ana Isabel DABDOUB 28.46

The young Mexican struggled a bit on her jumps today. She wanted to go very big, as she tried her combo with the triple Lutz - sadly she fell on it! Still kudos, for trying such a hard element!

G3

11 Katharina LESSER 35.93

She skated to some spanish rythms and opened up with a solid triple Toe - double Toe combination. Unfortunately just a single Axel and double Rittberger, nice combination spin at the end - level 4!

12 Matilda GIANOCCA 34.78

Poor thing had to abort her flying sit spin at the end... , damn! She still always smiled and had a good start with her combo of triple Toe - double Toe.

13 Maria-Katharina HERCEG 51.98

Ya that was great! Amazing spins, a throughout positive skater - very clean elements, fantastic triple Toe - double Toe combination, great triple Rittberger and that double Axe was just nailed perfectly on the ice. But dont forget her wonderful spins of level three and fou, especially the last in combination of food and position - great step sequence as well - ya she was really rocking. Check her out on YT or go to the website of her skating club, EC Regensburg, she is great!

14 Louise JENSEN 33.15

She had a bleeding nose I think, at least it was heavily taped. You need to give her credit that she still went on the ice! Sadly no combo, she fell after the triple Toe, also had to fight hard on the double Axel. However, give her credit guys - I believe that wasnt easy at all.

15 Tatjana HEß 32.24

Great last Piourette, wonderful to watch her spins - level 4 and 3 of course. Her jumps were sadly not so well today, triple Toe combo didnt work, also problems at the Axel and Rittberger. just a double.

G4

16 Tallulah CORBETT 30.02

She had a hard skate, some tape went off from her right skating boot - she still kept going. Brave girl! Double Flip - double Toe combination, sadly just a single Axel.

17 Yasmina YAMADA 44.48

She must have some japanese ancestors I guess, what she definately has however is the japanese attitude of always smiling! Loved how hard she kept fighting during the combo, well deserved triple Sal - double Toe.

18 Kristin AURICH 30.23

She lost her double Axel, but never her smile! Not sure if she wanted to go for the triple Flip - double Toe, as the Flip was just a double, I think she has the potential fpr the triple!

19 Julia SAUTER 39.23

Absolutely loved her Tano jumps, like the double Lutz - double Toe (Tano = the jump variation when the skater puts her arms up in the air during the rotation). Also her double Axel, great and the step sequence. Looking forward to more Tano tomorrow!

20 Tanja ODERMATT 40.64

She fell on the second jump element, her triple Rittberger - damn she can do so much better there! Her triple Toe - double Toe however was clean. I like the young Swizz a lot since Budapest, wonderful young lady - who always drops a smile for you if you look at her. Looking forward to the FS tomorrow and a clean performance, I know she can do it!

G5

21 Natalie KLOTZ 37.63

The triple Rittberger didnt work today, therefore not that many points. But damn, she started great with that triple Sal - double Toe combination and also finished lovely with a wonderful piourette.

22 Sarah KRONSEDER 32.39

Fell on her double Axel right at the start, but she was still great to watch. She had a nice program to get the crowd involved, but yes there is no crowd just 40 people here - if at all and all are either skaters or uhm skaters and did I mention skaters yet or and yes a few photographers and two journalists... Wish those girls would get a bigger crowd, they all work so hard and deserve it!

23 Lisa HANKE 33.80

Really enjoyed that she didnt stop fighting for her combo after the first jump was sloppy (double Lutz - double Toe! Nice fighting spirit. Also positive was her view into the crowd at all times - always amazing to see in my opinion.

24 Natasja REMSTEDT 32.94

Naughty and sexy in her leather dress, fell on her double Axel sadly. In general the jumps were not her best friend today.

25 Doris PIRCHER 39.59

Such a beautiful young lady from Italy. She rocked her dress for sure, very elegant - a joy to watch. She didnt offer us any triple jumps, but a solid double Flip - double Toe late in her program. Clean double Axel as well and good spins. Very curious what she is going to wear in the FS!

26 Emily HAYWARD 33.94

Nice skater, always smiling - she enjoyed her time on the ice a lot, even though she fell on her double Axel.

G6

27 Niki WORIES 46.40

Oh god, a big laughter went through the crowd when she took her opening position! She put herself directly infront of our noses and camera´s - haha that was such a funny moment! Another great moment was when she got her score. Niki and her coach went crazy, so happy they were! And they had every right to that, her performance was rock solid and even though she has long legs, her jumping technique is in my opinion very good. She reaches a good height as proven in her triple Flip - double Toe combination, also the Axel looked clean.
I believe she even has the triple Rittberger in herself, today it was just the double. Great girl and great interpretation, loved it!

28 Michelle SWOBODA -

Not on the ice.

29 Nelma HEDE 47.22

I love my finnish girls a lot, not only because of their amazing skating skills and steps!

Nelma totally got me with her performance, she was totally in sync with the music - you just bought her routine. The Fin opened up with a very good double Axel and triple Rittberger. Her combo only cosisted of a triple Flip sadly (triple Flip - double Toe planned I believe). Still, beautiful girl and a beautiful skate.

30 Elin HALLBERG 35.83

The Swede went for the big double Lutz - triple Toe, sadly the Toe wasnt fully rotated, just like the double Axel afterwards. Her spins however, really lovely! I hope for a better jumping performance tomorrow - I am sure she has a nice FS for us!

31 Sarah ANDERSON 40.21

I am honest with you, I was waiting for this young lady all evening. I saw her before and damn, she is so lovely on the ice. Very cute young lady, a joy to look at and her style fits perfectly. I wasnt alone with that opinion however, she had a few people cheering for her. She does skate for the SV Pang and I believe she has a bright feature infront of her. Today she opened with a solid double Axel, her combo of double Lutz - double Toe was a bit sloppy, like at the regionals a few weeks earlier - still a difficult element guys, so give her credit! She finished with a lovely level 4 spin. Her FS will be amazing for sure, looking forward to it.

32 Evita CELESNIK 30.36

Last young lady for today. She went for the big ones, first triple Sal - double Toe, sadly not given by the judges... also the double Axel was downgraded. Liked her spins.

Top 8 Junior Ladies II

1 Maria-Katharina HERCEG GER 51.98
2 Nelma HEDE FIN 47.22
3 Niki WORIES NED 46.40
4 Angelina KUCHVALSKA LAT 44.87
5 Yasmine YAMADA SUI 44.84
6 Tanja ODERMATT SUI 40.65
7 Sarah ANDERSON GER 40.21
8 Doris PIRCHER ITA 39.59

Alex D

Record Breaker
Thanks for all of the updates, Alex! You're awesome. :rock:

Your welcome trying my best!

Not sure if I manage to update all the skaters with their full elements today. If not I will tomorrow - its a looong day and tomorrow is even longer!

Off topic:

For those interested in Nebelhorn Trophy. So far no news if it happens or not. Its supposed to, but there are still some difficulties to master, as obviously nobody wants to organize it :(

I know its silly... but thats how skating is treaten in Germany sadly. You just wish people would work together and pull on one string to give our skaters some cool events at home!

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Junior Ladies II

13 Maria-Katharina HERCEG 51.98

Ya that was great! Amazing spins, a throughout positive skater - very clean elements, fantastic triple Toe - double Toe combination, great triple Rittberger and that double Axe was just nailed perfectly on the ice. But dont forget her wonderful spins of level three and fou, especially the last in combination of food and position - great step sequence as well - ya she was really rocking. Check her out on YT or go to the website of her skating club, EC Regensburg, she is great!

29 Nelma HEDE 47.22

I love my finnish girls a lot, not only because of their amazing skating skills and steps!

Nelma totally got me with her performance, she was totally in sync with the music - you just bought her routine. The Fin opened up with a very good double Axel and triple Rittberger. Her combo only cosisted of a triple Flip sadly (triple Flip - double Toe planned I believe). Still, beautiful girl and a beautiful skate.

For some years, they trained together in Regensburg. Together with Alissa Scheidt (First in Junior I after SP) and Annabelle Prölß.

Great to see, all of them develop so well!

Maria will go to Junior Worlds. (still in Regensburg)
Nelma get the more difficult jumps after some problems with growing and injuries in the last 2 years. (went back to Finnland with her familiy four? years ago)
Alissa get back in form after an really worse beginning of the season. Also some growing and injurie problems. (She is now in Munich with Andrej Vlashenko - I believe since two years)
Annabelle be so successfull in pairs skating. (went to Oberstdorf two or three years ago)

Alex D

Record Breaker
Good Morning: Advanced Boys FS current results

1 Luc Timon MEHLHORN 53.56

2 Luis SCHUSTER 40.68 = 57.75

3 Maxim KNORR 49.68 = 73.39

4 Daniil SAVITSKI 40.71 = 63.04

5 Jurek KOLBE 32.94 = 53.30

G2

6 Jiri BELOHRADSKY 64.49 = 93.21

He showed us some really nice jumps, for instance the triple Sal (slight wobble), triple Toe and Rittberger. Also to note is a solid double Axel - double Toe combination, especially since he had a few minor issues with the first double Axel solo right at the start.

Good jumper!

7 Luc MAIERHOFER 55.27 = 83.81

8 Luke DIGBY 51.46 = 79.17

9 Mikhail STROKOV = 51.71 = 76.27

10 Marvin RÖMPLER 48.27 = 76.07

11 Daniel GRASSL 47.22 = 76.65

Such a funny skater he is, constantly flirting with the judge who is in green today, but was in red yesterday. I believe she likes him ;) His pants were just way to big for that tiny guy - but then again, this was spot on to his funny personality.

G3

12 Severin REICH (leading after SP) 58.48 = 97.72

Wow, that sadly wasnt so good and quite a disappointment for him. While he got more points than at the german youth nationals a few weeks ago (came 4th there), he again struggled with many of his jump elements, like the triple Sal, but also the Rittberger did end with him on the ice.

13 Jonathan HEß 59.72 = 91.94

Great performance, liked his speed on the ice and some good jump elements as well, like the double Axel - double Toe comb and his double Flip - double Toe. He topped his score from the youth nationals where he came second slightly.

14 Matyas BELOHRADSKY 70.42 = 109.12

Matyas performed 4 triple jumps today, of which just the Sal was underrotated. However, his triple Toe - double Toe, the Rittberger and the Toe were fine. To note is also a solid double Axel - double Toe combination by the Czech. Matyas seemed to be very pleased with his performance.

15 Kai JAGODA 56.52 = 89.84

He went for the triple Sal, but sadly didnt get the full rotations :(. No other triples, but a good double Axel - double Toe, double FLip - double Toe for the starter from Berlin.

16 Gabriel FOLKESSON 61.24 = 97.69

He had a very simple outfit (blue Pullover with some glitter - black pants), however his performance wasnt simple at all. The Swede did really good. I Enjoyed his program consisting of a triple Sal and Toe & double Axel - double Toe, also a nice sit spin and Flying camel of the tiny Swede.

17 Isaak DROIZEN 47.11 = 77.10

Final Result advanced Boys

1 Matyas BELOHRADSKY CZE 109.12 2 1
2 Severin REICH GER 97.72 1 5
3 Gabriel FOLKESSON SWE 97.69 3 3
4 Jiri BELOHRADSKY CZE 93.21 8 2
5 Jonathan HEß GER 91.94 5 4
6 Kai JAGODA GER 89.84 4 6
7 Luc MAIERHOFER AUT 81.51 9 7
8 Luke DIGBY GBR 79.17 11 9
9 Isaak DROIZEN GER 77.10 6 13
10 Daniel GRASSL ITA 76.65 7 12
11 Mikhail STROKOV GER 76.27 12 8
12 Marvin RÖMPLER GER 76.07 10 11
13 Maxim KNORR GER 73.39 13 10
14 Daniil SAVITSKI ECO GER 63.04 14 14
15 Luis SCHUSTER GER 57.75 17 15
16 Luc Timon MEHLHORN GER 53.56 15 17
17 Jurek KOLBE GER 53.30 16 16

Alex D

Record Breaker
For some years, they trained together in Regensburg. Together with Alissa Scheidt (First in Junior I after SP) and Annabelle Prölß.

Great to see, all of them develop so well!

Maria will go to Junior Worlds. (still in Regensburg)
Nelma get the more difficult jumps after some problems with growing and injuries in the last 2 years. (went back to Finnland with her familiy four? years ago)
Alissa get back in form after an really worse beginning of the season. Also some growing and injurie problems. (She is now in Munich with Andrej Vlashenko - I believe since two years)
Annabelle be so successfull in pairs skating. (went to Oberstdorf two or three years ago)

Cheers for the infos, I read about Nelma on a finnish website and I wondered why someone would first skate for a german club and then go back to Finnland. I would assume that the finnish skating school has all you need?

Annabelle yes, she sometimes does skate solo like when Ruben was out due injury a while ago - but yes, she is a great pair skater, those two work very well together! Shame they missed some competitions due injury and the age regulations. :( I love to follow their FB, always puts a smile on my face hearing from them.

OT:

Alex & Nelly are here, also Maylin & Daniel as some of the German Olympic team will prepare for Sochi here - nice side effect of the Bavarian ;) Something funny btw. the ice guys at Oberstdorf are so much faster than those at Budapest! That makes me wonder, how fast can such a vehicle go for?

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Advanced girls now ;)

Hope for some good results for the German youngsters!

Kreitmeyer, Isaev, Hanke will need 83 points to get on the national team for novices.
Mager will need 80, as she is one year younger.
You have to achieve the points twice a season. But sadly, only Kreitmeyer received it one time until now.
All have an double Axel and/or an triple. So girls, come on, you can do it!

Hope the best for all of them! :thumbsup:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Review girls advanced I:

1 Maelle OBERLÄNDER 48.37 = 70.60

She had a huge smile on her face, once she was done with her jumping elements. I loved that she put the double Rittberger combo at the end, that takes some guts to be honest! A tiny little whirlwind the German is, I enjoyed her performance a lot - great start into the female part of the day.

2 Eva-Liisa LOHMUS 35.90 = 54.22

I liked how she tried to use the music for some of the elements, like with the flying sit spin around the end. Another positive point is, that she stayed on her feet, no matter how much she struggled with her elements like the 2 double Axels and Flips in combination with a Toe or solo performed.

3 Celine Leonie WEISS 42.16 = 64.38

Leo did start really great with two big combinations. First the double Lutz - double Loop combination (slight wobble) and afterwards the double Flip - double Loop. Its a shame that she later lost points at the double Flip and Flutz, but also that she didnt have a double Axel either. However, what stood out was her great attitude, she was just always enjoying herself and I love these type of skaters who enjoy being on the ice.

4 Thyle KELDER 34.46 = 54.87

Our friend from Estonia had a really unlucky day. She lost three of her jumps due under rotation like the Rittberger in both combinations with a double Flip, but also the Lutz had to be downgraded. However, if there is dark then there is also light and that light came in form of her flying sit spin, which received a level three.

She wasnt happy at all :(

5 Elizabet GALAZDRA 35.60 = 56.67

Eliza did sadly start with a fall on the double Lutz, but recovered nicely from it as she performed a clean duble Lutz - double Toe combination later in her program, aswell a double Flip - double Toe combination with a slight wobble, but she fought for it. The young girl from the Ukraine wanted to leave the ice quite quickly however. Its funny, some skaters take all the time in the world, we had those today as well and other just want to run away.

G2

6 Laura MORATH 44.60 = 68.54

Laura who competes for the Oberstdorf EC, was dressed with a white flower in her hair and had a decent skate today. I liked that she did a double Flip - double Toe and also the opposite based on the edge - the double Lutz - double Toe! In general, her elements were pretty solid and clean - no real issues, just the Rittberger and Axel lacked on rotation. For me she has a very watchable style on the ice, its fun to see her skate and she is trying to use the music for her elements.

7 Greta LUPATELLI 52.49 = 78.45

Oh this one was great. She has a great feeling for her body and the music, very fluent movements of that elegant skater, you hardly noticed her on the ice - good SS. The italian landed her double Axel - double Toe combination, with the latter underrotated. While she had to fight at some of her jumps, she stayed on her feet and kept her positive expression in the face.

8 Marina DELLA ROVERE 46.06 = 70.81

She put her combinations jumps right at the start of her program (Lutz + toe / Loop + Toe all double), the Axel however at the end just single. For me she had a really nice interpretation of her program, I loved the showgirl dress, it was very enjoyable to watch.

9 Katharina KURZ 47.38 = 72.98

Kati sadly fell on her double Flip, however she had a nice ice coverage in my opinion and her spins received a level three. The double Lutz looked quite nice, maybe there is potential for a triple in future - Id love to know if she practices that element already. The German also had two lovely double Loop combinations and was dressed in blue & white today.

10 Anastasija PAVLOVICHA 44.13 = 67.90

My favorite so far, amazing how this young girl filled the huge ice rink with her appearance. While she wasnt outgoing like others, her more quiet personality was stil very touching. Her Axel was just a single, but the rest like the Lutz & Rittberger who she combined were double. I think she could become a good skater, at least I enjoyed her a lot.

G3

11 Anna Rose JANSEN 48.83 = 76.67

Beautiful as a Rose ;) Haha I know, but really - she was lovely to watch. I liked the speed in her spins, good comb of double Lutz - double Toe as well. Very enjoyable skater.

12 Julia ZENNER 47.51 = 73.52

One of the smallest girls today, but came really close to the end of the ice rink - not scared at all.

13 Franziska KETTL 46.09 = 72.81

14 Melina MÜHLBACHER 50.40 = 77.50

She is quite a quicky girl on the ice, not only with her spins that all received a level three. While she didnt perform any triples she still had a lovely double Lutz - double Rittberger (Loop) and double Flip - double Toe combination. The Axel was single.

15 Anna WEHRHEIM 48.28 = 74.52

G4

16 Greta Mager 38.81 = 67.11

Not her best day :( She struggled a lot with her double Lutz, it just didnt work at all - she had like no take off and couldnt get the full 2 rotations, also the double Flip was a hard fight at the end. It just wasnt her day, still - she kept smiling and fighting even after those three nasty falls.

17. Maggie Hills 54.60 = 82.69

Aw the young lady from GB that I liked so much yesterday. She has a very elegant and soft way of skating. Her routine today started with a nice double Axel - double Toe combination and also her other jump elements were always performed as a double including Lutz, Flip and ofc. the Axel.

18. Ann Christin Marold 54.62 = 83.05

She is so tiny, but a lovely skater with a great expression inher face. She was dressed as one of the forest nymphs (if that is the right word for it?) and like those she was whirling around on the ice. She performed a double Rittberger combo, a double Lutz and her spins received level three (Pielman included). Axel and the second Lutz just single sadly, still enjoyable program!

19. Vlada Laha 42.24 = 70.13

She went for the triple Sal twice, but sadly both not fully rotated, however the double Lutz was and the double Axel. I loved her outfit a lot, nice young lady from Latvia, nice spins of level three like the flying sit.

20. Kristina Isaev = 55.60 = 83.87

Double Axel - Double Toe was lovely executed, also a good double Rittberger combination - issues at the Sal (only single). Nice Tano variations too, a very open minded performance and level three spins and step sequence.

G5

21. Sophie Hanke 51.89 = 80.36

The young german started big with a triple Toe and two double Lutz - double Toe & Rittberger combinations, I liked her spins a lot, the Axel just a single.

22. Lena Kreitmeier 53.56 = 84.46

Lena landed the triple Lutz / Rittberger - double Toe combinations, also her two double Flips. Sadly she struggled on her double Axel. I really liked how she always smiled into the crowd, also great combination spins by her, they looked great! Well done by the young German!

23. Petra Laakkonen 50.03 = 82.09

The young Fin who wore a pink dress today, started well with her double Axel - double Toe combination, she also tried the triple Sal which she sadly couldnt land. Her Axel however and the Lutz - Toe combination went okish. I like this one, like with all the Fins they just look great on skating boots and have a very soft skate. Shame however, that she lost so many positions and elements today.

24. Ekaterina Kurkova 68.95 = 106.58

Triple Lutz & co. with 10 years already, and what can I say - she was amazing today. Her jumps rock solid, a always changing expression in her face, depending on the theme of the music, what do you want more? Amazing from the tiny Russian!

She had a triple Sal (in comb), Toe, Rittberger and Lutz for us today - plus two Triple - double combination of Sal + Toe and Toe + Toe.

25. Anita Östlund 50.56 = 85.32

The young swede who has such a great personality on the ice, had a hard afternoon. She collided with the end of the ice rink when she tried her triple Sal and in general had quite a few issues with her jumps like the Flip just single and the Axel underrotated, while the Rittberger was a triple but a shaky one. It was great to see however, that she didnt let go and kept fighting until the end, where she nailed a nice triple Sal - double Toe and gave us all a glimpse of what she is cappable of.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Review girls II

Advanced Girls II

1 Harriet BEATSON 40.68 = 66.68

The Brit struggled with her double Lutz today, she sadly couldnt land one of the two clean. However, the Flip - toe and Rittberger toe combination (both double - double) were clean. I liked the energy she had in her skate.

2 Emely WEIß-MAES 42.15 = 68.19

I believe the skaters of the USG Chemnitz are the loudest here at the ice rink, so they of course cheered for their teammate. Emmy performed a solid double Rittberger combination and two double Lutz, her spins were really nice and received both a level three.

3 Stina FREDERIKSSON 41.00 = 65.94

Based on her appearance you would put her into the juniors already and she started nicely with a double Axel - double Toe combination, her spins also received a level three. However her second Axel was just a single, so were the Lutz and Rittberger - nice level three spins though!

4 Hannah RÜHRNÖSSL 41.40 = 65.32

The Austrian who skates for the EKA Außerfern attempted the triple Sal, but sadly didnt get it fully rotated - also the first doule Flip gave her some problems today. She performed a good double Rittberger - double Toe combination and did skate to Pearl Harbour.

5 Camilla CAPPELLIN 44.57 = 70.92

The Italien had a very interesting program consisting of an attempted double Axel - double Toe (latter just single) and a double Lutz - double Toe. She also tried the triple Sal, but didnt get it fully rotated and fell.

G2

6 Morgan SWALES 45.71 = 72.63

I liked her SP a tiny bit more to be honest, still I love those Tano jumps - its really something you dont see that often from skaters, if I recal correctly then Adelina has some of those as well. Morgen who was dressed in a lovely red bling bling dress lost her first Axel and also struggled on the first Lutz. The combination of double Lutz - double Toe however was nicely done and her spins received level three

7 Elizabeth HARSH 56.27 = 86.12

I loved how she had her elements choreographed. As example, when the wizard of oz theme came up - she was literally walking to the wizard, while the "rainbow" part was more laid back so to speak. She also kept her eyes in the crowd and had a nice interpretation overall. Liza´s technical skills were also quite high, for instance her double Axel - double Toe right at the start was lovely done, so was the double Flip - double Rittberger combination.
The Czech who made a huge jump from 7 to 2, even went for the triple Sal - while with problems it was fully rotated and landed!

8 Pinja LAINE 46.56 = 73.61

She went for the big jumps right at the start including the double Axel - double Toe combination and a triple Sal - latter sadly not fully rotated and she fell. However, she recovered nicely from that and landed a solid double Lutz - double Toe combination, just the Axel gave her a few problems, still double. What I liked about the Fin was her great expression whenever she did finish an element - she always checked with us ("hey did you like that?") so to speak - great!

9 Christina SCHÖNER 49.94 = 76.54

Her skating is just "schön" - I really like how she glides. Christina went for the double Axel - double Toe and also the triple Sal, a few struggles here and there, but still I like what she does and she has got the right family name for sure *laughs*

10 Sarah KUHNERT 48.66 = 76.74

Loved her funky dress, however she didnt like to sit at the kiss & cry. Sarah went for the double Flip - double Toe twice and had a good step sequence, which received a level three, so did her spins!

11 Martina MANZO 45.37 = 75.04

She was a bit like a papaer airplane, driven by the wind and she had a really nasty fall on her triple Flip. Great spins and steps however!

G3

12 Meike RÖMPLER 51.54 = 83.33

She really had to put up a fight here, damn! Meike was quite exhausted after her skate, but she never stopped fighting and went for some big elements like the double Axel - double Toe combination and the triple Toe, where she sadly had a nasty fall.

13 Jasmin LUGERT 54.07 = 84.17

Naughty girl with a funny start position right infront of me! She is fun to watch on the ice and didnt do any major mistakes and performed the double Lutz - double Toe twice today, also a nice double Axel - loved her level three spins and the lovely done step sequence.

14 Michaela Lucie HANZLIKOVA 68.87 = 104.28

This young lady was really great, she always had a big smile on her lips and played nicely with the music of her routine. Also she had the highest difficulty in her program! The Czech performed a really nice triple Sal - double Toe combination, a triple Toe and a very well executed triple Rittberger out and in combination with a double! She absolutely enjoyed her time on the ice and she gave us a lot of joy as well with her level three spins and I loved those steps especially.

15 Vanessa GRALLERT 52.89 = 83.88

Vanessa is a bit like you want a skater to be on and off the ice. We in Germany say "kess" to such girls, those that are a bit naughty and take things not that serious. Vanny pulled her tongue out towards us with a tiny wink, like she wanted to say "oh well, not so bad after all, was it?"
She really took it very easy that not everything was 100%, I like that a lot - she has a nice personality. As for her elements today, she gave us a solid triple Sal and double Lutz - double Toe combination, but sadly something went wrong on her Axel which was just a single and even this not fully rotated it seemed, great last spin - loved this one and her funky outfit!

Still, she is worth watching, look on YT she has some vids online.

16 Jade RAUTIAINEN 49.69 = 83.44

Jade went for the triple Sal today, sadly slightly underrotated it seemed, the other just a double. The Fin also struggled with her double Axel - double Toe comb, but managed to stay on her feet. What she didnt manage however was defending her second spot, such a shame - she only had the 7th FS, just too many mistakes today, but she kept her head up all the time, nice!

17 Francisca WOLF 49.49 = 79.59

She didnt start so well when she had to open up her Flip,however she put her double Lutz - double Toe on the ice nicely and added some Tano to a few jumps as well!

Results top 9 (details later)

1 Michaela Lucie HANZLIKOVA CZE 104.28 1 1
2 Elizabeth HARSH CZE 86.12 7 2
3 Jasmin LUGERT GER 84.17 5 3
4 Vanessa GRALLERT GER 83.88 4 4
5 Jade RAUTIAINEN FIN 83.44 2 7
6 Meike RÖMPLER GER 83.33 3 5
7 Francisca WOLF WSVA GER 79.59 6 8
8 Sarah KUHNERT ECRE GER 76.74 9 9
9 Christina SCHÖNER ECRE GER 76.54 12 6

Sara

On the Ice
About Nelma... Her dad is a professional hockey player and worked in Germany for many years. That's why Nelma was training there. Then some years ago they moved back to Finland and now Nelma trains in the same club where Laura Lepistö used to train, coached by Virpi Horttana. Nelma was very successful at novice level but later she has grown a lot and has struggles with injuries too.

Cheers for the infos, I read about Nelma on a finnish website and I wondered why someone would first skate for a german club and then go back to Finnland. I would assume that the finnish skating school has all you need?

Annabelle yes, she sometimes does skate solo like when Ruben was out due injury a while ago - but yes, she is a great pair skater, those two work very well together! Shame they missed some competitions due injury and the age regulations. :( I love to follow their FB, always puts a smile on my face hearing from them.

OT:

Alex & Nelly are here, also Maylin & Daniel as some of the German Olympic team will prepare for Sochi here - nice side effect of the Bavarian ;) Something funny btw. the ice guys at Oberstdorf are so much faster than those at Budapest! That makes me wonder, how fast can such a vehicle go for?