Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Watching the games online...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    I'm also new
    I'm in the Netherlands and I was hoping to find an English broadcast. Does anybody know if NBC's online sportscast be available here? I suppose Eurosport may be the next best option??
    If you can get around the geo-block, there are also the BBC livestreams. And I assume, between Ned 1, the ARD & ZDF, Belgian and the BBC channels, we should have access to a *lot* of coverage on television. But English specifically, other than the BBC may be difficult.

Medalist
    Thank you all for your very helpful posts!! I'm not the most technical savy in the world so I hope I can figure it out in time before the events! As an American abroad and with only basic dutch knowledge, I was really hoping to get the english version somewhere. I will keep an eye out for any links in the coming weeks or else I will just have to use it as an excuse to build my dutch vocabulary!

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    Thank you all for your very helpful posts!! I'm not the most technical savy in the world so I hope I can figure it out in time before the events! As an American abroad and with only basic dutch knowledge, I was really hoping to get the english version somewhere. I will keep an eye out for any links in the coming weeks or else I will just have to use it as an excuse to build my dutch vocabulary!
    When the BBC streams come online (I don't know when that will be), I'll post the links and you can check it out to see if they are geo-blocked.

On a different, and more worrying, note, I saw the following post on Carolina's Facebook page:

Cari fans, vi informiamo che, nel rispetto delle linee guida stabilite dall'IOC, non potremo pubblicare foto, video, informazioni su trasmissioni tv durante i Giochi di Sochi. Cercheremo comunque, in collaborazione con Carolina, di tenervi informati il meglio possibile sulla gara. Grazie per la comprensione. Lo staff carolina-kostner.it

Dear fans, we'd like to inform you that according to IOC guidelines we won't be able to post pictures, videos or any information regarding tv broadcast during the Sochi Games. In cooperation with Carolina we will do our best to keep you updated on the competition. Thanks for your understanding. carolina-kostner.it staff

Liebe Fans, wir möchten euch informieren, dass wir aufgrund der IOC Guidelines während der Spiele in Sochi keine Fotos, Videos oder Informationen über TV-Übertragungen posten werden. Wir versuchen unser Bestes, euch trotzdem in Zusammenarbeit mit Carolina über die Wettkämpfe auf dem Laufenden zu halten. Danke für euer Verständnis, carolina-kostner.it staff

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...53726387455024

So, I was wondering - what does that mean for us on here? Is the forum going to get into legal trouble if we post TV schedules or links to photos, videos, livestreams, etc.?!

Also, are our favourite skating video uploaders on YouTube liable to have their accounts cancelled if they upload Olympic videos?!

In which case, we had better make sure we are fully up-to-date with all our viewing before the Olympics start, just in case the videos disappear!

(Note to self - track down Universiade videos...)

CaroLiza_fan

I'm not 100% sure so please don't take it as a fact or official explanation, but I think that, among other things like the IOC wanting to be the only ones making money off their logo and stuff, has to do with athletes and other accredited people not posting links and pics and videos, or any other 'insider content'. I remember that during the Summer Games 1996 a German track and field athlete got warned by the IOC for interviewing his teammates during the opening ceremony from the inside of the stadium. They can take your accreditation for something like that, so I'm guessing Caro's team wants to stay on the safe side.

Columnist
    Tbh, posting any Videos where you dont have copyrights of is illegal.

This has nothing to do with the IOC actually , just that they might actually use their power to strike those uploaders

AS for vids and photos (self made), it can indeed be forbidden, we had this at Nebelhorn last year. No non official moving pics allowed there.

That you guys post links btw. Could indeed hurt the forum, at least if you post illegal streams.

We had a case at another forum where we were warned for that.

That said i OFC. Dont know if GS has any contracts with the ISU, TV stations etc. So keep that in mind its only a prob if there is no agreement or royalty payment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2