U.S. 2014 Olympic Team announcement (A) Press conferences & (B) Google+ Hangout | Page 2 | Golden Skate

U.S. 2014 Olympic Team announcement (A) Press conferences & (B) Google+ Hangout

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
If Ashley is selected I think that Marai has a good chance
to be bumped. I can't see them leaving the Silver medalist off the team.

Violetti

On the Ice
Polina's scores should qualify. Nikol Gosviani used Junior scores for Euros last year.

Gosviani had to go to a senior competition last January 2013 to earn her scores in a senior competition (was it a Volvo cup or something?). Edmunds could go to Four continents and earn her scores there. She could easily do that. If not, a substitute would go instead of her.

taikwan

On the Ice
Gymnastics - a spot is not guaranteed. There's a brutal Karoyli camp process where Marta decides the team all by herself. Hope skating doesn't ever go this way but I do believe we need to send the strongest team, especially now that there is a team competition. I guess it comes down to how "strongest" is defined.

Last edited:

Florentina

On the Ice
Can you imagine how nervous the skaters are in this moment? I don't want to be in their position, nor do I want to decide who to leave at home...

aviva_dawn

On the Ice
I hope they do:

Olympics:
Gold
Mirai
Wagner

Worlds:
Gold
Edmunds
Wagner

We'll see. If Mirai ends up with neither Olympics OR Worlds, I don't know WHAT I'm going to think. They're going to need to assign her to something.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
For anyone who couldn't find the right link:

Pairs:
Castelli/Shnapir
Zhang/Bartholomay (Felicia is tearing up while they're giving their statement and it's adorable. She couldn't even talk she was so happy.)

Dance:
Chock/Bates
Davis/White
Shibutani/Shibutani

Ladies:
Edmunds
Gold
Wagner

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Ashley tearing up. So happy for her she made it this time.

I feel bad for Mirai but I understand someone was likely to be left for Ashley.

Longrun

Spectator
This is no longer a sport I'd recommend a parent
starting a child in. What a set up. Why did they even bother letting Ashley skate
if it was a done deal ? Friends have laughed re this as 'sport' , and now I'll
never hear the end of it. Bye skating, I've followed you for years, but this seals the deal .