U.S. 2014 Olympic Team announcement (A) Press conferences & (B) Google+ Hangout | Page 8 | Golden Skate

U.S. 2014 Olympic Team announcement (A) Press conferences & (B) Google+ Hangout

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I was wondering if maybe the Forum Admins might want to consider just throwing all those numerous threads together?
I agree with you, and can say that it's really time intensive to keep updated on all those identical threads. :bang:
I might want to follow your lead and just not get involved :rolleye:
... but you can definitely share your thoughts with me any day :agree:

Personally, I would go further and CLOSE all the threads. Either that or move them all to the Politics forum. Let's face it, they have nothing to do with figure skating anymore! :bang:

Nah, when there are threads spiralling out of control like that, I wouldn't even try to keep up. I only went into these 2 threads to get a taste of what was being said. And it was even worse than I expected. So, I won't be going back into them again, or into any of the others.

I only shared my thoughts as I thought mentioning a sensible compromise might calm things down a bit. But, it didn't make any difference.

It's situations like this that bring out the worst in people on this forum. So, it is probably wise to stay out of it! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

P.S. gottadance - you accidentally quoted the wrong comment. It was my comment that was talking about the petition, not Frenchie's comment.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I guess we'll see how Jason does at the Olympics? Jason has yet to face the entire field, so it's really hard to say how he would rank. We do know that as of right now his ISU SB is currently 7th among the men behind Chan, Hanyu, Takahashi, Machida, Oda and Han Yan.

We do know that last season, Max was 7th behind Chan, Denis Ten, Fernandez, Hanyu, Reynolds and Takahashi.

It's hard to say how much of the Olympic field will end up at Worlds. I'm not sure if Chan will be. It's likely the three Japanese skaters will be.

But I would say for the most part, I don't think it's that clear which duo would statistically be better at getting three spots.

Yes you have a point there...though Max and Jason have already beat Kozuka this season at Skate America and that was with not-perfect skates. It's less likely either of them would beat Takahashi, Hanyu or Machida given their consistency.

Thanks, Mrs. P.
I would add that Max placed above Takahashi at Skate America ... so anything is possible.

I hope I don't regret sharing my thoughts on here...

CaroLiza_fan

Always glad to have your thoughts, CL_fan (whether I agree or not).
Agree that it is difficult/impossible to keep up with the many similar threads. As I was scanning another one, I think I saw that you made a light-hearted indirect comment on the length of the title of this one.
When I started the thread, cramming in the references to the pressers and the Hangout made the title more informative, IMHO.
But ... now that those events are over, I have sent the mods a request to shorten the title. :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Always glad to have your thoughts, CL_fan (whether I agree or not).

Thank you, golden411. You know, it makes me really pleased to hear you say this, as you are one of the members of this forum that I have a great respect for.

Agree that it is difficult/impossible to keep up with the many similar threads. As I was scanning another one, I think I saw that you made a light-hearted indirect comment on the length of the title of this one.
When I started the thread, cramming in the references to the pressers and the Hangout made the title more informative, IMHO.
But ... now that those events are over, I have sent the mods a request to shorten the title. :)

Hey, there's no need to go to all that bother. That comment about the length of the title was just my attempt to inject a little bit of humour into a thread where everybody was arguing and shouting at each other! :laugh:

And from a quick glance at the comments since then: it didn't work, did it?! :rolleye: :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan