Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: U.S. 2014 Olympic Team announcement (A) Press conferences & (B) Google+ Hangout

Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    Looks like Ashley will be selected pursuant to Article 2.1 on pg 11.
    Possibly. But there is also the possibility that this whole document is so much baloney. The USFSA has to make sure that Nationals is not classified as an official "Olympic qualifying event." I noticed in the television coverage last night that the commentators went out of their way to say, over and over, "no, no, this will be decided by a committee."

Custom Title
    Press conference? Handout? Pfft. With all the Uber Trauma Drama, I smell Lifetime Movie, one prefaced by their usual "Based on a true story..."

Custom Title
    Can anyone remember the last time that it wasn't a foregone conclusion who was going to be named for the Olympics team after Nationals? Now we have two spots up for grabs in Ladies and Pairs. Insane.

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    When trying to picture what this upcoming announcement is going to look like, I picture a letter with the USFSA statement on who the Olympic Team is going to be, in a closed envelope, laying on a chair in an empty Press Conference room.
    No one to announce their decision, they'll tweet the journalists to go ahead and open the letter by themselves!
    Whatever the decision, it's going to be a bloodbath!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    U.S. Olympic Team announcement on Sun Jan 12: (A) Press conferences & (B) Google+ Hangout

(A) icenetwork will cover the two press conferences on Jan 12 where the 2014 Olympic Figure Skating Team will be announced.
    These will take place at the following times:
    • Noon – Ladies, pairs, ice dance
    • 7:10 p.m. – Men’s and Olympic Team Event
    Source: http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2014/...championships/

Access available to registered users of IN. Registration is free, AFAIK. (Registered users are not the same as subscribers, AFAIK.)
    https://web-secure.icenetwork.com/en...stration.login

(B) Google+ Hangout with the 2014 U.S. Figure Skating Olympic Team
    Sun, Jan 12, 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm ET
    Hosted by Olympic gold medalist Sarah Hughes and YouTube Star Michael Buckley, fans will be able to meet, and ask questions to the 2014 U.S. Figure Skating Olympic Team on the same day the team has been named!
    https://plus.google.com/events/c0f7r...tupp210r1g82n0 (the Hangout will take place at this link)
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8026341&type=1 (announcement of the Hangout)
    Where is the direct link to the press conference video page? I only see the link to the backstage video.

Custom Title
    Anyone else wanting to puke?

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetskates1 View Post
    Anyone else wanting to puke?
    I hear you. This is one press conference I do not want to watch. With that said it's going to be a train wreck, you don't want to see it but can't look away.

If Ashley is selected I think that Marai has a good chance
    to be bumped. I can't see them leaving the Silver medalist off the team.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Polina's scores should qualify. Nikol Gosviani used Junior scores for Euros last year.
    Gosviani had to go to a senior competition last January 2013 to earn her scores in a senior competition (was it a Volvo cup or something?). Edmunds could go to Four continents and earn her scores there. She could easily do that. If not, a substitute would go instead of her.

Welcome, Sini. Post often, post long!

Poor Mirai...

On the Ice
    Gymnastics - a spot is not guaranteed. There's a brutal Karoyli camp process where Marta decides the team all by herself. Hope skating doesn't ever go this way but I do believe we need to send the strongest team, especially now that there is a team competition. I guess it comes down to how "strongest" is defined.
    Last edited by taikwan; 01-12-2014 at 11:51 AM. Reason: sp

Rinkside
    Can you imagine how nervous the skaters are in this moment? I don't want to be in their position, nor do I want to decide who to leave at home...

Breaking news, Ashley is going to the Olympics!

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Breaking news, Ashley is going to the Olympics!
    Is this from another source besides the ones that are speaking under anonymity?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast