The Carol Burnett Show | Golden Skate

The Carol Burnett Show

eliza88

On the Ice
The Carol Burnett Show was one of my all time favorite shows! I looked forward to it weekly! Does anyone know if they are re-airing episodes or if they have any series DVD's out?

Some of my favorites:
The Gone With the Wind skit with Carol playing Scarlett and wearing the curtains WITH the curtain rod!

Any Tim Conway "old man" skit

I remember this one skit where Carol played an old woman on a park bench and she had one eyebrow straight across her forehead, and she said, "I used to have 2 eyebrows but I plucked the top!"

Sometimes I was more amused by the actors trying to hold in their laughter more than the skit itself!

Your favorites?

eliza88

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I can't remember if this particular sketch was on the classic Carol Burnett Show or on the brief summer show she had sometime around 1980, but here it is --.

She was doing a parody of those old Alberto VO5 Hairspray ads with the world-famous actress that no-one had ever heard of, Rula Lenska. Of course Carol was playing Rula. And she did her little bit about how great the hairspray was and then she did a demonstration of its holding power. This consisted of this "dance routine" wherein Carol (with one of those priceless expressions on her face) spent the whole routine posing and fluffing her hair, except for one brief moment where she did this halfhearted leg kick. Tim Conway, meanwhile, is jitterbugging and gyrating and dancing all around her until he passes out. At which point Carol looks down at Tim briefly and then says, "After this EXHAUSTING dance routine, my hair is still in place!":laugh: :laugh:

Antilles

Medalist
I love the now oft copied skit with Conway, and,... sorry, his name escapes me. Harvey something? Anyway, it was a dentist skit, where Conway froze his leg. It was great. I also agree about the Scarlett scene.

mpal2

Final Flight
Nick at Nite or TV Land recently did a weekend 24/7 run of the Carol Burnett show. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. If you have cable or satellite, check out those stations for reruns. :laugh:

They showed the great "Scarlet" routine and then several other episodes that had movie themes. I had never seen the parody of The Exorcist before and it was hysterical.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
CBS had a special two years ago... it's on DVD and video

as are the "best" shows from the show... I get them at my local Suncoast outlet

so my guess is Barnes and Noble .com and Amazon.com would probably have them too

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
eliza88:

One of my favorite shows of all time as well! Yes, I believe the episodes are available on DVD or Video.

There was recently a reunion of the cast on a tv special and they showed highlights from the best episodes.

Tim Conway, was my favorite character on the show along with Harvey Korman. When the two of them were together it was dynamite!

I will always remember the skit Tim did as the old man and he rolled down the stairs and across a room in a chair. I thought I would die from laughter. Also, in one episode Tim came home tipsy and was trying to make himself a sandwich only he could not get the pkg. of bologna open! The antics he went through with that pkg. were priceless.

The Gone With The Wind episode is a classic. Carol was at her absolute best in that skit.

I think this show was one of the best ever on tv and goodness, if "laughter is the best medicine" then the Carol Burnett show could cure anyone!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
"I wish I were in the land of cotton. Old times there, they are NOT forgotten. Look AWAY! LOOK AWAY! LOOK AWAY!! Dixie Land"

Tim and Harvey rule!

And Mama was pretty good too! ;)

katherine2001

On the Ice
One of my favorites is when they show the outtakes of one of the Mama skits where Tim kept talking about siamese twin elephants joined at the trunk. Everyone was rolling on the floor, including Carol, and she usually managed to keep a straight face.

I always liked her girl scout character--those skits were good.

I liked all of Tim's old man routines. And they were better when Harvey Korman was in them, because he could never keep a straight face around Tim. It was fun to see how long it would take before he couldn't help laughing. Sometimes, he would manage not to laugh out loud but you could see his shoulders shaking. I agree that one of their best routines was the dentist routine.

I loved Carol's takeoffs on the classic movies and her takeoffs on commercials. I remember she did one about aspirin and trying to get the bottle open that was hysterical, and her takeoff on the Tidyman toilet bowl cleaner.

Pookie

Final Flight
TVLand has Carol on at 7 pm Central time. It's one of my favorites also. I like the commerical takeoffs also. I watched the one a few nights ago when Carol yanked the tape off of Lyle's armpits. Ouch! :laugh:

eliza88

On the Ice
I now have The Carol Burnett Show Tivo'd so I am sure to get my laughs in!

I saw this skit the other night that was just classic Tim pulling one over on poor Harvey! They were in a fighter jet in WWII and Tim was supposed to be a demolition expert. When Harvey asked for the map Tim lifts his shirt because he had painted the map on his tummy. Just as Harvey is about to get a closer look Tim lifts his shirt higher to reveal a circle drawn around his nipple with an eyebrow over it! I was rolling! Both Harvey and Tim were having a difficult time holding their laughter in--shoulders shaking, cheeks puffing...

eliza88

Lucy25

Final Flight
I love this show! I am so glad it is now on TVLand. This is all about real humor, without resorting to sex or crass humor.

My favorites are with Tim Conway and Vicky Lawrence. I also love the Gone with the Wind espisode. "Rhett" comments on "Scarlet's" beautiful gown, and she says, "I saw it hanging in the window and I just had to have it." (This isn't funny unless you have seen the skit.