Anyone watching Jr Men Live? It begins now! | Golden Skate

Anyone watching Jr Men Live? It begins now!

samson

Medalist
Watching now! might not be able to stay on after Nathan skates, but looking forward to seeing him.

Jimmy Ma had a great skate!

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jordan and Jason's coach is Kori Ade (sp?). I like him a lot inspite of the splat. He skates big and seems to have a lot of speed.

Great score for Nathan Chen.

samson

Medalist
I'll do my best. I thought Jordan did a really nice job. He nailed his triple lutz triple toe, and was sailing through the rest, when he fell on his footwork. Which was too bad because the program was great until then and I was really really enjoying the footwork. But that fall seemed to take the air out of the skate and he also fell on his loop.

57.41 and into 3rd.

Now Nathan!

samson

Medalist
Thanks MFarone!

Well Nathan did not disappoint. Man that skate was so good. His edge work is so clean and nuanced, and I think he hit a triple axel at the beginning. The footwork was really really nice, and that final spin was just totally amazing. The combo and solo loop were also great.

Partial standing-o at the end. Well deserved!

HOLY COW a 79.61 and easily into first. Him and Rafael are both really pleased.

Ok now to do some chores!

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yes, I thought it was a 3A at the start of Nathan's program. I wasn't sure if he was doing 3A or not....but it looked good. Who was the lady in the K&C with Rafael and Nathan?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
79.61?! Woah. That is enough for him to place well in SENIOR MEN. :)

And yes, that was a 3A.

Too bad about Jordan's mistakes. But it looks like the podium is hardly locked in.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Is it naive of me to ask if there's any live stream? :eek:: Is it being broadcast on a tv channel? :eek::

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks MFarone!

Well Nathan did not disappoint. Man that skate was so good. His edge work is so clean and nuanced, and I think he hit a triple axel at the beginning. The footwork was really really nice, and that final spin was just totally amazing. The combo and solo loop were also great.

Partial standing-o at the end. Well deserved!

HOLY COW a 79.61 and easily into first. Him and Rafael are both really pleased.

Ok now to do some chores!
He got my first standing ovation of the Nats. But then I am Chen biased.

jaylee

Medalist
Love, love, love Nathan Chen. Just adore him. So many strengths and so few weaknesses. Just needs to work on telegraphing that 3A less and add some facial expression, but that's it. What a star.

I also enjoyed Jimmy Ma's skate. Huge spring in his jumps, and he seemed to be intent on having some fun.

waxel

Final Flight
I agree, it looked like Nathan did a clean triple axel, along with a 3-3 and another triple. Clearly the class of the field. BUT there were many good performances. It was a solid Jr. competition. There were several un-heralded skaters I really enjoyed- like Kevin Shum and Spencer Howe. (Did Nicholas Vrdoljak do 3 axel? Kinda looked like it.)

Seating at BCEC is hideously uncomfortable. Will be glad to move to TD Garden on Thurs.

Ate tonight at Legal Test Kitchen- pricey but delish.

We'll see what tomorrow brings!

samson

Medalist
First of all... love Legal Test Kitchen. Every now and then they come out with something really really great!

Second of all, it was a really fun sp from the junior men. It makes me really look forward to the LP. Nathan all but has this locked up, I can't believe he's still only 14! The other men will hopefully also continue to put on a great competition. If Jordan goes clean in the free I think he could pull up at least into third and get on the podium.

It's always fun to see the younger skaters and how they all respond to their experience under the spotlight. Looking forward to tomorrow!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Boys SP: http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2014/2014_us_fs_champs/results.html

1 Nathan Chen, Salt Lake Figure Skating 79.61
2 Jimmy Ma, SC of New York 63.46
3 Nicholas Vrdoljak, DuPage FSC 63.44
4 Chase Belmontes, Broadmoor SC 61.07
5 Tony Lu, Ice House Of New Jersey FSC 58.19
6 Jordan Moeller, Northern Ice SC 57.41
7 Kevin Shum, St. Moritz ISC 56.08
8 Spencer Howe, Los Angeles FSC 53.91
9 James Schetelich, SC of New York 51.19
10 Nix Phengsy, All Year FSC 49.27
11 Ben Jalovick, University of Delaware FSC 45.44
12 Evan Bender, Peninsula SC 45.35