USA ladies SP and LP at nationals | Page 3 | Golden Skate

USA ladies SP and LP at nationals

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
GROUP A

Wagner hitting pretty much everything in sight, as is Edmunds; lots of popped lutzes from Wang, then hits triple lutz-triple toe

Barbie Long - SHORT - triple lutz-double toe, triple loop, double axel

Triple lutz-triple toe and triple flip-half loop-triple salchow from Edmunds

Leah Keiser - SHORT - triple toe-triple toe, triple lutz (fall), double axel

No music runthrough of second half of free skate from Wagner: triple loop-double axel sequence, triple lutz, triple loop, triple flip-double toe (step out)

Rachael Flatt - FREE - triple lutz-double toe, triple flip (hangs on), triple lutz (hand down), walked through a few jumps

Clean triple toe-triple toe from Keiser, triple lutz from Flatt after a few doubles

Polina Edmunds - SHORT - walked through jumps

Angela Wang - SHORT - double axel, triple lutz-double toe, triple flip

Ashley Wagner - SHORT - triple flip-triple toe, triple loop, double axel - business as usual for the defending champ

Warmup notes: nice triple flip from Edmunds, triple loop from Wagner

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Can anyone hazard a guess as to why they moved this thread from edge but left identical one of Yuna's on main page?

samson

Medalist
Well it looks like as far as day one went for the ladies practices Wagner was the only one that really had her feet under her. Not surprised she's skating well. She's been strong all fall, and based on her interviews and tweets it seems like this year she's really growing/settling into the role of America's leading lady.

Let's hope the other ladies bring it all together in time for tomorrow nights sp!!!

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
Im reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hoping Mirai is going to be able to get that third spot.

I really think the fight for third is a toss up.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I really think the fight for third is a toss up.

Most definitely, but I do think Mirai has a slight edge on everyone...but that's only if she delivers. She's coming off of two clean skates and a medal finish at COR.

None of the other 3rd spot hopefuls can boast that set of accomplishments this season. Additionally, Mirai has Olympic experience which is invaluable. If she can skate well, I think she will get that spot.

Sackie

Medalist
I can see Gold being placed above Wagner here and headed to the Olympics as the US Ladies Champ. That way this sets the US ladies up better for the Olympics. Giving them a good double bang just in case one or the other falters. Both will have very high scores no matter what - don't want international judges seeing low scores from these two this close to the Olympics.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Thanks for the updates! Glad to see that Ashley is skating so well in practices!

Can anyone hazard a guess as to why they moved this thread from edge but left identical one of Yuna's on main page?

Hehehehehe. You're funny.

lavender

Record Breaker
I think I might be the only one that doesn't really care who wins what between Wagner and Gold. I just wonder who else will make the team.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Most definitely, but I do think Mirai has a slight edge on everyone...but that's only if she delivers. She's coming off of two clean skates and a medal finish at COR.

None of the other 3rd spot hopefuls can boast that set of accomplishments this season. Additionally, Mirai has Olympic experience which is invaluable. If she can skate well, I think she will get that spot.

I think Agnes has the edge, as the US judges believe she is 1 fall better than Mirai based on last year's SP.

amc987

On the Ice
I'm feeling like it'll be 1. Wagner 2. Zawadzki 3. Gold 4. Gao 5. Nagasu 6. Cesario after the SP. Those judges love Agnes and she's definitely a SP skater. I see Gracie having a minor problem with one of her jumps in the SP (e.g. 2T instead of 3T or 2Lo instead of 3Lo).

Watch me be completely wrong. Excited for tonight!

Does anyone have a stream that isn't ice network?

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
SP Prediction

1. Gold
2. Wagner
3. Agnes
4. Gao
5. Cesario
6. Nagasu
7. Flatt

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
I am not as confident about Gracie as most are. She seems to not be a pressure skater and this nationals is alot of pressure. I am thinking Wagner, Nagasu, and then maybe Gold.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am not as confident about Gracie as most are. She seems to not be a pressure skater and this nationals is alot of pressure. I am thinking Wagner, Nagasu, and then maybe Gold.
Sadly Gracie seems to have the same problem that Alissa and Mirai has and that is not being able to handle pressure. But let's see how she does tonight. It certainly is the most important skate of her young life. She seems to be a bit like Mirai in that when the pressure's off she's great but when she's leading a competition she can't handle it.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Sadly Gracie seems to have the same problem that Alissa and Mirai has and that is not being able to handle pressure. But let's see how she does tonight. It certainly is the most important skate of her young life. She seems to be a bit like Mirai in that when the pressure's off she's great but when she's leading a competition she can't handle it.

I'm hoping the pressure being off of Mirai will help her focus and enjoy her skating. Pulling for her to grab a spot to Sochi:)

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I feel old i remember first seeing Miriah Bell as a Novice back in 2011 and now here she is with the big girls . :eek:

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Ashley Cain

3F 3T
3 Loop
2A

Spins were good, not really fast on the footwork

Nice skate!