Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: USA ladies SP and LP at nationals

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachuusb View Post
    I really think the fight for third is a toss up.
    Most definitely, but I do think Mirai has a slight edge on everyone...but that's only if she delivers. She's coming off of two clean skates and a medal finish at COR.

None of the other 3rd spot hopefuls can boast that set of accomplishments this season. Additionally, Mirai has Olympic experience which is invaluable. If she can skate well, I think she will get that spot.

Custom Title
    I can see Gold being placed above Wagner here and headed to the Olympics as the US Ladies Champ. That way this sets the US ladies up better for the Olympics. Giving them a good double bang just in case one or the other falters. Both will have very high scores no matter what - don't want international judges seeing low scores from these two this close to the Olympics.

Ya'll just need to ignore it. aftertherain's Avatar
    Thanks for the updates! Glad to see that Ashley is skating so well in practices!

Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Can anyone hazard a guess as to why they moved this thread from edge but left identical one of Yuna's on main page?
    Hehehehehe. You're funny.

Custom Title
    I think I might be the only one that doesn't really care who wins what between Wagner and Gold. I just wonder who else will make the team.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Most definitely, but I do think Mirai has a slight edge on everyone...but that's only if she delivers. She's coming off of two clean skates and a medal finish at COR.

None of the other 3rd spot hopefuls can boast that set of accomplishments this season. Additionally, Mirai has Olympic experience which is invaluable. If she can skate well, I think she will get that spot.
    I think Agnes has the edge, as the US judges believe she is 1 fall better than Mirai based on last year's SP.

Custom Title
    I'm feeling like it'll be 1. Wagner 2. Zawadzki 3. Gold 4. Gao 5. Nagasu 6. Cesario after the SP. Those judges love Agnes and she's definitely a SP skater. I see Gracie having a minor problem with one of her jumps in the SP (e.g. 2T instead of 3T or 2Lo instead of 3Lo).

Watch me be completely wrong. Excited for tonight!

Does anyone have a stream that isn't ice network?

SP Prediction

1. Gold
    2. Wagner
    3. Agnes
    4. Gao
    5. Cesario
    6. Nagasu
    7. Flatt

Custom Title
    Here's My SP Predictions:

1. Gold
    2. Wagner
    3. Gao
    4. Nagasu
    5. Agnes
    6. Cesario
    7. Hicks

Custom Title
    Please, does someone have a live streaming?

Thanks.

Custom Title
    I am not as confident about Gracie as most are. She seems to not be a pressure skater and this nationals is alot of pressure. I am thinking Wagner, Nagasu, and then maybe Gold.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsk8fan View Post
    I am not as confident about Gracie as most are. She seems to not be a pressure skater and this nationals is alot of pressure. I am thinking Wagner, Nagasu, and then maybe Gold.
    Sadly Gracie seems to have the same problem that Alissa and Mirai has and that is not being able to handle pressure. But let's see how she does tonight. It certainly is the most important skate of her young life. She seems to be a bit like Mirai in that when the pressure's off she's great but when she's leading a competition she can't handle it.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Sadly Gracie seems to have the same problem that Alissa and Mirai has and that is not being able to handle pressure. But let's see how she does tonight. It certainly is the most important skate of her young life. She seems to be a bit like Mirai in that when the pressure's off she's great but when she's leading a competition she can't handle it.
    I'm hoping the pressure being off of Mirai will help her focus and enjoy her skating. Pulling for her to grab a spot to Sochi

Group 1 on the ice for warm up

Custom Title
    I feel old i remember first seeing Miriah Bell as a Novice back in 2011 and now here she is with the big girls .

Ashley Cain

3F 3T
    3 Loop
    2A

Spins were good, not really fast on the footwork

Nice skate!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast