Winter Olympics: Predictions Game Round 4 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Winter Olympics: Predictions Game Round 4

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I don't mean to be rude, but I mean, pairs ended WELL over a week ago. It would have made your life easier if you had scored them as each event finished

But CaroLiza_fan doesn't score them. As he pointed out, there's four different people (including myself) who score each category. I have been bogged down with work and other responsibilities (not to mention catching up on the actual Olympics, since I did had to work during much of the figure skating competition).

I plan on scoring the men this weekend. Don't worry it won't be too long.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Ok, Ice Dance scoring is done... Hope I didn't make mistakes! Let me know ;) The highest scores was 65: congrats to alebi, Florencito, s_parks, pitterpatter, tulosai :clap:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Ok, Ice Dance scoring is done... Hope I didn't make mistakes! Let me know ;)
Um... just one small thing...

For the final 2 rounds of the ISU Championships Predictions Game (the Winter Olympics and the World Championships), the rules are the same EXCEPT for the points scored.

As these 2 Championship are the most prestigious in Figure Skating, there will be DOUBLE POINTS on offer. So, it will be:

30 points for guessing right;
20 points for 1 place out;
10 points for 2 places out.

:-D

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Um... just one small thing...

For the final 2 rounds of the ISU Championships Predictions Game (the Winter Olympics and the World Championships), the rules are the same EXCEPT for the points scored.

As these 2 Championship are the most prestigious in Figure Skating, there will be DOUBLE POINTS on offer. So, it will be:

30 points for guessing right;
20 points for 1 place out;
10 points for 2 places out.

:-D

Don't worry, I had already spotted that and pointed it out in an e-mail to the scorers last night.

But, we decided to leave it the way it was until the conditional formatting was adjusted to highlight scores of "150" rather than "75"

That has now been done (THANK YOU SO MUCH pitterpatter!!! :points:), so I have just gone in and doubled the scores that were in the Dance column.

Hopefully it is all correct now

CaroLiza_fan

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Um... Ladies scoring has been half-complete for a while... looks like the scorer got to the end of the predictions on page 1 of this thread, then stopped.

But since I'm one of the ones with predicitons on page 2... I'm hoping it's not finished and there's more scoring to come?! :-D

Not that I'll get many points from it, the Ladies' competition is the one that confounded me the most of all! Blimey! o_O

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The men are scored! Sorry for the delay.

Nobody scored the perfect 150 score. But several people did score the high score of 120 points including FSGMT, YesWay, sequinsgalore, Poice, Frenchie, tulosai, pitterpatter, elle_e AND Mrs. P (hey that's me!)

The overall results for Men (after three rounds):
1.) SubRosa 190
2.) sequinsgalore 180
3.) YesWay, Poice, Frenchie 175
6.) 96skiluvr, Florencito 170
8.) Isabel_O'Reilly, Bea: 165
10.) alebi: 155

tulosai

Record Breaker
Um... Ladies scoring has been half-complete for a while... looks like the scorer got to the end of the predictions on page 1 of this thread, then stopped.

But since I'm one of the ones with predicitons on page 2... I'm hoping it's not finished and there's more scoring to come?! :-D

Not that I'll get many points from it, the Ladies' competition is the one that confounded me the most of all! Blimey! o_O

I want to say first I have scored predictions games before and 100% know how time consuming it is. But I am wondering if there is any way one of the scorers can just go and finish the ladies? Or if a gentle PM reminder can be sent to the ladies scorer? I am concerned it is possible that they are confused and think they did finish, since, as YesWay noted, they seem to have stopped at the end of a page.

Again, I hope this does not sound disrespectful or patronizing at ALL. And huge thanks to all scorers!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I want to say first I have scored predictions games before and 100% know how time consuming it is. But I am wondering if there is any way one of the scorers can just go and finish the ladies? Or if a gentle PM reminder can be sent to the ladies scorer? I am concerned it is possible that they are confused and think they did finish, since, as YesWay noted, they seem to have stopped at the end of a page.

Again, I hope this does not sound disrespectful or patronizing at ALL. And huge thanks to all scorers!

Oh no. Don't worry about it at all! I'm welcome to feedback, especially when it is from somebody who knows exactly what we are doing! ;) :biggrin:

I just sent an e-mail to the scorers with your suggestion.

And thank you again for starting the GP Game and turning us all into Predictions addicts :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Hey everyone - thanks for pointing out the missing scores and sorry that I forgot to add them to the spread sheet until now. I had them all scored, but didn't finish to enter all of them into the spreed sheat (there weren't enough coloumns, so I decided to stop at that point and write pitterpatter about it first)... and than I really forgot about it :slink: Again, I'm sorry!

The ladies category wasn't the biggest point getter, I guess that's no suprise. The scores range from 10 to 90 points, with alebi winning this category with 90 points, followed by Florencito and Bea with 80 and Ptichka with 70 points! :clap:
(As usually, let me know if there are any mistakes with the scores... I'm not too sure I didn't confuse myself with double scoring)

These are the overall results for the Olympic game prediction game:

1.) Bea & pangtongfan - 475
3.) tulosai - 455
4.) pitterpatter - 450
5.) alebi & sequinsgalore - 445
7.) Frenchi - 435
8.) YesWay - 420
9.) Poice - 410
10.) 96 skiluvr - 405
11.) rosacotton - 400
12.) Florencito - 385
13.) SubRosa - 375
14.) CaroLiza_fan - 370
15.) Isabel_O'Reilley - 355
16.) FSGMT - 330
17.) SaschaJuliaSpins - 315
18.) Eloise - 290
19.) Ptichka - 260
20.) s_parks - 240
21.) Mrs.P - 180
22.) elle_e - 160
23.) zamboni step & sky_fly20 - 130
25.) Beck - 110

Congrats everyone :points: and best of luck for the last round! :party:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Hey everyone - thanks for pointing out the missing scores and sorry that I forgot to add them to the spread sheet until now. I had them all scored, but didn't finish to enter all of them into the spreed sheat (there weren't enough coloumns, so I decided to stop at that point and write pitterpatter about it first)... and than I really forgot about it :slink: Again, I'm sorry!

The ladies category wasn't the biggest point getter, I guess that's no suprise. The scores range from 10 to 90 points, with alebi winning this category with 90 points, followed by Florencito and Bea with 80 and Ptichka with 70 points! :clap:
(As usually, let me know if there are any mistakes with the scores... I'm not too sure I didn't confuse myself with double scoring)

3.) tulosai - 455
4.) pitterpatter - 450
7.) Frenchi - 435
8.) YesWay - 420
9.) Poice - 410
10.) 96 skiluvr - 405
11.) rosacotton - 400
12.) Florencito - 385
13.) SubRosa - 375
14.) CaroLiza_fan - 370
16.) FSGMT - 330
18.) Eloise - 290
19.) Ptichka - 260
20.) s_parks - 240
21.) Mrs.P - 180
22.) elle_e - 160
25.) Beck - 110

OMG I actually did well in a predictions game round!!!!!! First time ever!!!!

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Lol we all got so slaughtered in Ladies - I doubt many people predicted Adelina close enough to 1st that they could actually gain points there, same goes for Julia and maybe even Mao and Carolina.

Eh, better luck at Worlds. But hey, Post-Olympic Worlds are often unpredictable, so who knows lol

Eloise

Rinkside
Thanks so much for scoring the game!

3.) tulosai - 455
4.) pitterpatter - 450
7.) Frenchi - 435
8.) YesWay - 420
9.) Poice - 410
10.) 96 skiluvr - 405
11.) rosacotton - 400
12.) Florencito - 385
13.) SubRosa - 375
14.) CaroLiza_fan - 370
16.) FSGMT - 330
18.) Eloise - 290
19.) Ptichka - 260
20.) s_parks - 240
21.) Mrs.P - 180
22.) elle_e - 160
25.) Beck - 110

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Lol we all got so slaughtered in Ladies - I doubt many people predicted Adelina close enough to 1st that they could actually gain points there, same goes for Julia and maybe even Mao and Carolina.

Eh, better luck at Worlds. But hey, Post-Olympic Worlds are often unpredictable, so who knows lol

I think nobody got points for Adelina and maybe one or two posters for Mao and Julia. Quite a lot of users git points for Caro, even if not the max 30 points ^^

Thanks for your patience Eloise and huge congrats tulosai! Maybe you're slowly getting used to the predictions and you'll get better and better ;)

Poice

Final Flight
I think nobody got points for Adelina and maybe one or two posters for Mao and Julia. Quite a lot of users git points for Caro, even if not the max 30 points ^^

I put Adelina on 3rd so I guess I got some points for her xD
So happy I ended up in top 10 overall! Didn't expect that :)

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
I put Adelina on 3rd so I guess I got some points for her xD
I think 90% of the World believe you should have gotten the maximum points for this prediction! ;)