Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Asada's Olympic Strategy

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Perhaps not, but you made something that was slightly positive into something that was incredibly negative. ClockwiseSpinner was putting some things in a different light to which Kirk responded, and you you had to bring up "who has the most records for" flutzes, falls, attempted wins, etc. So yeah,

that

escalated

quickly.

And of course there's a forum rule allowing only one response to a posting.
    Whose making a volcano out of a molehill now? YOU!!! I didn't see the original post as slightly positive at all, which is why I responded as I did. It was insulting imo. Maybe I misunderstood it. If so, my apologies.

Someone know when The federations going to say the participants in The team event?

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Well, if we are going to go there: Who holds the record for flutzes in isu competitions, who holds the record for the most falls in isu competitions, who holds the record for attempting to win a medal and never did., who holds the record for not including a 3/3 in their programs.

To keep negative records such as closwise suggest goes against the grain of how records are usually seen.
    This is really bad taste. No respect for athletes who are doing their best and giving us the excitement and joy of watching figure skating.

Tripping on the Podium
    Hi everyone. New poster here though I'm not a new skating fan. If it's true that Mao doesn't want to try for the team competition I do wonder why she would forego the opportunity to secure an olympic gold for herself even if it's a team medal. I think the Japanese ladies have a strong chance to win gold as a team to be quite honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Danibellerika View Post
    Hi everyone. New poster here though I'm not a new skating fan. If it's true that Mao doesn't want to try for the team competition I do wonder why she would forego the opportunity to secure an olympic gold for herself even if it's a team medal. I think the Japanese ladies have a strong chance to win gold as a team to be quite honest.
    Because it's not just the ladies that are competing. You are forgetting everyone else. This team event consists of all skaters from all 4 categories. This isn't ladies vs ladies or men vs men. It's all of them combined. Japan (probably) will not win gold because they will never win pairs or ice dancing.

Miserere Nobis
    As far as all-around strength in the team event goes, I would put Canada in the lead, followed by Russia, and then the US.

Hello! Welcome!

To my understanding, the team event won't really be like World Team Trophy. Only one ladies singles' entry is allowed compared to two at WTT. Personally, I think that Canada, Russia, and the U.S. are slightly more well-round across all disciplines--and perhaps some people see it that way as well.

Tripping on the Podium
    (facepalm). Thank you guys. All of this time I was thinking "teams" would be for each discipline, so there would be 4 team medal categories. I didn't know they were combining it for ALL disciplines.

(facepalm). Thank you guys. All of this time I was thinking "teams" would be for each discipline, so there would be 4 team medal categories. I didn't know they were combining it for ALL disciplines.
    It's okay. But I totally agree that the Japanese ladies would slay at the Olympics if it was like your format! Haha!

Tripping on the Podium
    I was honestly a bit disappointed because I only learned recently they were doing a team event. I was a big fan from '02-'06 and was thinking how skaters like Kwan and Cohen (my favorite) would have EASILY been gold medalists at that rate (repeat even)! 2002 specifically would have been crazy awesome. This format makes it a little more of a relief and I'm okay that it shows more well roundedness across everything. This would have been good for Russia in 2006 too.

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    All of this time I was thinking "teams" would be for each discipline, so there would be 4 team medal categories.
    Hi Danibellerika!
    Hey, in Biathlon, they already had Men's and Women's Sprint, Pursuit, Individual, and Relay (I don't think there's Mass Start at the OGs... yet). And now they've added Mixed Relay as another medal contest.
    So I'd say it would be only fair to have it as you pictured it as well!
    But they should definitely learn from Sochi and do those Team Events after the individuals, which would help give it the great crowd pleasing atmosphere - and the top athletes wouldn't be worried of compromising their individual chances... It would be a great competition for the closing day(s) of the Olympics, to make everybody remember the OGs with a big smile...

Custom Title
    Well, we'll see how the strategy works. At Vancouver, Tarasova advised Asada to arrive early to adjust the environment, but she didn't listen. She didn't arrive at Vancouver until a week before the competition.

I guess she wants to work on 3A without people watching. She said that two 3A in the opening mean more than 50% of the entire program to her after FS at Nationals.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    Hi Danibellerika!
    Hey, in Biathlon, they already had Men's and Women's Sprint, Pursuit, Individual, and Relay. And now they've added Mixed Relay as another medal contest.
    But they should definitely learn from Sochi and do those Team Events after the individuals, which would help give it the great crowd pleasing atmosphere - and the top athletes wouldn't be worried of compromising their individual chances... It would be a great competition for the closing day(s) of the Olympics, to make everybody remember the OGs with a big smile...
    Yeah I like the idea of individuals first and THEN team. I think the would definitely have a better energy after the individuals are out of the way.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    Hi Danibellerika!
    Hey, in Biathlon, they already had Men's and Women's Sprint, Pursuit, Individual, and Relay (I don't think there's Mass Start at the OGs... yet). And now they've added Mixed Relay as another medal contest.
    Yes, I don't understand why the Team is held before the Individual. This isn't gymnastics. The events aren't related, and the results in one don't influence the list of competitors in the other. To have the Team first could risk an injury to competitors that might make trouble for their individual events.

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Yes, I don't understand why the Team is held before the Individual. This isn't gymnastics. The events aren't related, and the results in one don't influence the list of competitors in the other. To have the Team first could risk an injury to competitors that might make trouble for their individual events.
    Before individual is already bad.
    But before the opening ceremony is just "throwing pearls before swine", if you'll allow me this expression. People won't even be in "the Olympic Mood" when that crowd pleasing competition starts! I don't get it.

(Political Correctness Disclaimer: by pearls before swine I mean waste of a great show, not that any viewers would be swine...)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast