Don't know whom to vote for? Try this. | Golden Skate

Don't know whom to vote for? Try this.

pairsfan

On the Ice
You're welcome. By the way, Bush is included. Try it for fun even if you are a Republican.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Enlightening. My biggest match was Sharpton and I wouldn't vote for him. :laugh
2 Kucinich 3 Kerry 4 Edwards 5 Clark 6 Dean 7 Bush and I wouldn't vote for him either. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

bronxgirl

Medalist
that list of questions sure helped me solidify my vote in the upcoming primary. (And in much less time than wading through all of the political speeches would have taken me!)

Great as reminders of the issues. I liked the poll.

All the democratic candidates got more than 80 percent, with Edwards the most.

Bush less than 20 per cent.

Oh well, you know how those Liberal newyorkers are.

Joe

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I think the biggest reason I got 55 % for Bush is the abortion issue. Otherwise it would have been a much smaller percentage.

Ok people, I put the definitely at the end of my message so you could learn to spell it. Guess it didn't work, eh? :laugh:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Joe, you think you are a liberal? For me it was: Kucinich 100%, Sharpton, Kerry, Dean, Clark, Edwards all 88% or higher. Bush - 13% :D Actully, since I am torn between Kerry and Edwards, this is somewhat helpful.

Pairsfan, thank you very much for posting this. One thing I wish those quizzes did is to look at the candidate's actual record as well as what they are saying. Unfortunately, you have to really dig for that kind of information. Also, one reason I like Kerry a lot is that he has one of the best pro-Israel records among the Democrats.

eliza88

On the Ice
Thanks for this link!

I was 100% Kerry, 98% Kucinich, 91% Dean, I think 88% Edwards, and 6% Bush (which in my opinion is 6% too much!).

Oh please oh please, anyone other than Bush win in November...

eliza88

Lcp88

On the Ice
I was 100% Kucinich, although I personally prefer Edwards. I strongly dislike Kerry, but it looks as though he may br our next President. And I was SOOO close to voting in this election!!!!!!!
Laura

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Before this election cycle, I have really like Kerry. I always thought he would make a good president. The one thing that really disappointed me was his pro-Iraq vote. Based on his record, I do not beleive he voted that way because he really beleived it was right; he did it to help his political career. I know his explanation for that vote, and I just plain don't buy it. Then again, Edwards voted for that resolution as well; Clark (whom I don't like) said he would have supported it as well. The only cadidates who were really against it were Dean, Kusinich, and Sharpton. :\

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm like GrGranny in that I got 100% match with Sharpton. I would never vote for him. My 2nd highest match was Kerry and the lowest was Bush.

I would warn though that this site seems to match only questions where you did not respond 'no opinion/don't care'. So, if you left some of the responses as indifferent, then the candidate isn't neccessarily a perfect match if you form an opinion.

Ptichka said:
Joe, you think you are a liberal? For me it was: Kucinich 100%, Sharpton, Kerry, Dean, Clark, Edwards all 88% or higher. Bush - 13% :D Actully, since I am torn between Kerry and Edwards, this is somewhat helpful.

Ptchka - Kucinich was a close second for me and Sharpton was third. In reality I actually lkike all them at least on paper.

Joe

Last edited:

sk8er1964

On the Ice
That was quite interesting, and it worked for me, although I really didn't expect it to. (I am a Republican who leans a bit left of center on certain Republican issues). Anyhoo, my results were Bush 100%, Edwards 60%, Kerry 57%, Clark 51%, Dean 46%, Sharpton 34%, and Kucinich 29%. Pretty accurate, except maybe I'd swap Sharpton and Dean, since I kind of like Sharpton's style but think Dean has a screw loose.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
This was great.............I ended up with 100% Kucinich.............ha, Bush was last on my list with only 21%..........I'm forwarding this link to a few other people..........thanks again..........42