Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kostner might be out of Europeans as well

Medalist
    Considering how Kostner jumps have been looking lately it might not be such a bad idea.
    She might have a repeat of 2010 in Sochi...

Custom Title
    and who should they send instead? they have two spot, right? so one is rightfully reserved for the 2014 italian champion: Valentina Marchei... and the other one? should they give it to their only lad that ever medaled at worlds (not counting she was the first to win one) and that was out of national competition due to injuri or shoul they give it to Francesca Rio (the silver medalist) or to Roberta Rodighiero (the bronze medalist and the third representative of the european team) both of whom have a personal best more or less 30 points LOWER than kostner debacle at the Olympics...

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I thought the best sp of Carolina was the Shostakovich sp, and wish to use it for Olys. I never got enough of it. It is true after Vancouver she has had gorgeous programs.

Custom Title
    Despite her missing key competitions this season, I think she will do far better than her previous two stints at the Olympics. She will carry the confidence of a world champ and a seasoned veteran into the rink, as she did in 2013 Worlds. I hope she earn that Olympic medal. She is too good to end her career without one.

Custom Title
    I just don't think Kostner's skating skills are that great but that is just me. And as there are two spots it won't matter this time. The point is Caro has had a lot of breaks - judging and even how they decided to send people to the last olympics. And now it is questionable if she was injured or is so focussed on an oly medal she skipped Italians. It appears the latter or a huge coincidence she has changed her programs I guess that is the name of the game manipulate the system and your national system for yoru glory - because as Chan has admitted this really is about you.

Custom Title
    Carolina may have peaked as a skater back in 2012.

Custom Title
    And the ISU Updated her Bios with the 2 new programs:

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00004864.htm

Take a look!!

SP - Ave Maria
    LP - Bolero

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mateusp1 View Post
    And the ISU Updated her Bios with the 2 new programs:

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00004864.htm

Take a look!!

SP - Ave Maria
    LP - Bolero
    I'm happy that she ditched the Humoresque. But I liked her Sheherazade better than her Bolero (I know I belong to minority).

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I just don't think Kostner's skating skills are that great but that is just me. And as there are two spots it won't matter this time. The point is Caro has had a lot of breaks - judging and even how they decided to send people to the last olympics. And now it is questionable if she was injured or is so focussed on an oly medal she skipped Italians. It appears the latter or a huge coincidence she has changed her programs I guess that is the name of the game manipulate the system and your national system for yoru glory - because as Chan has admitted this really is about you.
    Oh Please!
    She's not manipulating the system-If you think there's a chance that the Italian fed will send the reigning world silver medalist to the Olympics because
    she didn't participate at nationals, you live in La-La land.
    Kostner has single-handedly earned every single assignment she has gotten during the years.

Custom Title
    I just don't think Kostner's skating skills are that great but that is just me.

Yeah, it's just you.

On a good day Caro is the best in the world on a bad day she is horrific but she has always been held up so far.

A completely idiotic statement.

Thanks, thin!

Ave n Bolero, it seems.

AND... kant say what more she has to prove, honestly. Agree with David.

Custom Title
    Caro is going to Euro!

Custom Title
    Good news. Ave Maria is perfect for her. Should give her PCS a big boost again.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Yeah, these programs will work a lot better for her. Was a good idea to change the SP in addition to the LP, since Yu-Na and Akiko already have SP's with similar ideas to "Humoresque" but more engaging music. "Humoresque" still could have been good, but it would have needed a much more avant-garde approach.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast