Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Ashley Wagner making a statement against Russia's law

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    You are dreaming if you actually believe that only me and a couple of posters on this forum would think so.
    No, unfortunately there are other people who are homophobic or like to criticize skaters for ridiculous reasons, and they too might feel that Wagner's disappointing SP is due to her comments. Fortunately, most people at GS are not like that, and there is nothing to support your all-encompassing comment that "not winning Nationals will make Ashley seem a little unfocused".

But hey, she got a cat this year, maybe she was too focused on her cat and how much she missed him. That makes about as much sense as your explanation.

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    That's true. However, without winning National title this time will make her seemed ...a little unfocused. Besides, no one would dare to hope Wagner could steal the OGM.
    Well, stealing it will probably be even harder than winning it. I'm sure the security around those medals is going to be pretty tight!

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    No, unfortunately there are other people who are homophobic
    Please, Buttercup. Don't lower yourself to her level by making personal attacks. You'll feel better this way.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    Well, stealing it will probably be even harder than winning it. I'm sure the security around those medals is going to be pretty tight!
    That was a common expression in English but you are excused since you are from Germany.

Please, Buttercup. Don't lower yourself to her level by making personal attacks. You'll feel better this way.
    That is a rather condescending tone from a person who is self-portrayed as a fighter for equality. What a hypocrisy!

That was a common expression in English but you are excused since you are from Germany.
    Darn. My conviction that you'd turn out to be a stand-up comedian turned out to be wrong.
    I know, I was just trying to lighten the mood.
    Fight on, soldier!

That is a rather condescending tone from a person who is self-portrayed as a fighter for equality. What a hypocrisy!
    Nope, my bad: You're back on track as a stand-up comedian. You have to be.
    But seriously, if you feel better when other people call you homophobic, then I won't ask them not to. Lesson learned.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    But hey, she got a cat this year, maybe she was too focused on her cat and how much she missed him. That makes about as much sense as your explanation.
    I think that explanation was a kind of joke (like your's one about a cat). But this coincidence (her words and further result) can be understood as a hint that she is acting not quite right way

Quote Originally Posted by Red Helicopter View Post
    I think that explanation was a kind of joke (like your's one about a cat). But this coincidence (her words and further result) can be understood as a hint that she is acting not quite right way
    I have no doubt that Bluebonnet is dead serious and completely literal.

Wagner is absolutely acting the right way and should be an example to other skaters. She is an intelligent, articulate and insightful young woman.

Custom Title
    Nope, my bad: You're back on track as a stand-up comedian. You have to be.
    Whatever made you laugh I'm happy for it.

Whatever made you laugh I'm happy for it.
    Stand-up comedy often does make me laugh.
    But seriously, if you feel better when other people call you homophobic, then I won't ask them not to in the future. Lesson learned.

Custom Title
    Maybe Ashley is making a fashion statement rather than a political one - however she won't have much power fashion, political or athleticawise if she doesn't first get herself to Sochi.

Custom Title
    Stand-up comedy often does make me laugh.
    But seriously, if you feel better when other people call you homophobic, then I won't ask them not to in the future. Lesson learned.
    This is a complete non-sense! So people are all at your command on how to treat me? If you don't know what to talk about besides getting on my back and making personal attacks, I suggest you to talk about weather or just read for a while. But I have to say that I did enjoy talking with you.

disengage! disengage!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    disengage! disengage!

Custom Title
    Oh come on, Frenchie. Bluebonnet isn't homophobic... she just says homophobic things!

On the Ice
    I'm proud of Ashley, and I really hope she can come back during the FS.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast