Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Ashley Wagner making a statement against Russia's law

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I love apple pie.

I do not like Martha Stewart.
    I like Martha Stewart's design sense in her magazines a lot. (Not to be a contrarian!) I also admire that when she was sentenced to prison, she actually went and served her time.

As for Ashley, I don't know why she's called an activist if she just makes a statement of support. If on the other hand she thought the Russian law was peachy and said so, would she just be a person of conscience? I don't think it's likely that she will medal because there are a lot of other skaters more promising than she (though the ice, as we frequently are reminded, is slippery). But whether she does or doesn't medal, it won't be because at some point in January she said something about the Putin law and distracted herself from her training.

Custom Title
    "Sochi 2014: Vladimir Putin says Russia needs to ‘cleanse’ itself of homosexuality"

http://www.thestar.com/sports/sochi2...sexuality.html

Wow. If calling for the "cleansing" of homosexuals isn't some Hitler-esque craziness, I don't know what is.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    "Sochi 2014: Vladimir Putin says Russia needs to ‘cleanse’ itself of homosexuality"

http://www.thestar.com/sports/sochi2...sexuality.html

Wow. If calling for the "cleansing" of homosexuals isn't some Hitler-esque craziness, I don't know what is.
    Another wave of aggressive attacking? People in the western countries are blinded by such purposefully twisted propaganda. Talking about freedom...

Custom Title
    His actual words were that Russia needs to be cleansed of homosexuality. Cleansed because homosexuals can't contribute to population growth. I suppose Russia needs to be "cleansed" of infertile people and old people as well?

Custom Title
    His actual words were that Russia needs to be cleansed of homosexuality. Cleansed because homosexuals can't contribute to population growth. I suppose Russia needs to be "cleansed" of infertile people and old people as well?
    If this were true, NBC's reporter Stephanopoulos would have jumped onto it happily in the minute He got it. However there was none of such sort. I feel that this report sounds like the US reports on the two Russian women runners kiss on the podium - mistake - intentionally or not.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    If this were true, NBC's reporter Stephanopoulos would have jumped onto it happily in the minute He got it. However there was none of such sort. I feel that this report sounds like the US reports on the two Russian women runners kiss on the podium - mistake - intentionally or not.
    Fact-check:
    George Stephanopoulos is an anchor/reporter for ABC.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Fact-check:
    George Stephanopoulos is an anchor/reporter for ABC.
    Sorry. That was a mistake. However, the fact remains wether he was from NBC or from ABC. He didn't mention it in the report. Why would Putin want to say something intentionally make himself be seen as a Hitler?

Last edited by Mathman; 01-20-2014 at 03:09 PM.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ^ Well, you can't go by anything Martha Stewart says.
    Huh? I think her roasted root veggies are divine! But I do think that the post nationals Ashley will show up quietly and not do anything to draw attention to herself. I'd guess she'll just focus on practicing well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Why would Putin want to say something intentionally make himself be seen as a Hitler?
    Is this a rhetorical question? I'm surprised that you actually admitted that this statement makes him sound like Hitler. He basically condoned and called for the eradication of gays from Russia. It's insane.

And you wonder why people are outraged that the Olympics will be held here. 1936, anyone?

Custom Title
    Is this a rhetorical question? I'm surprised that you actually admitted that this statement makes him sound like Hitler. He basically condoned and called for the eradication of gays from Russia. It's insane.

And you wonder why people are outraged that the Olympics will be held here. 1936, anyone?
    No, you made him sound like it. That was not the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    A long with CSG's link, they were all from one source.

Custom Title
    I am searching the russian version of the interview. I am in doubt the translation is correct.

Custom Title
    Theres more than enough support to make homosexuality illegal in Russia! More than enough support. But it aint happening and Putin even says Russia has no problem with gays because of Elton John concerts LOL! I saw that headline but can't find anything that supports it in the content of the interview!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Theres more than enough support to make homosexuality illegal in Russia! More than enough support. But it aint happening and Putin even says Russia has no problem with gays because of Elton John concerts LOL! I saw that headline but can't find anything that supports it in the content of the interview!!!
    Ah yes, the argument that "never mind our discriminatory laws... we can't have any problems with gays... we love [insert gay celebrity's name]".

And then the Bachelor calls gays perverts and claims he's not homophobic because his friend is gay.

They should pass a law banning the Bachelor. This TV show makes a mockery of the institution of marriage.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast