Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Senior Ice Dance SD

Custom Title
    Terrific performance in Davis & White’s quintessential ballroom foxtrot and quickstep, like bubbly champagne, while making it look so fun and effortless. It’s just what the judges wanted to see and why this SD has been winning all season long. Chock & Bates skated great as well. It was the best performance of theirs the entire season. The battle now is for the final Olympic spot between the Shibs and Hubbell & Donahue.

Custom Title
    I am sorely disappointed In D/W's SD at nationals this year - something was off. At some points it looked rushed and imperfect - when they started the season, the program was softer and lighter making them look as if they were floating on the slabs of ice - now it looks rushed and unfinished. I am not happy.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Do you kill me if I say that their transitions could have been a little better here and there, and their interpretation, too? (Just to make it clear: we're talking about the difference between 9.75 and 10 )
    I was being ironic.

The marks are beyond ridiculous. And I didn't expect them to actually get all 10s in the FD either. Seriously...

Custom Title
    D/W absolutely skated lights out tonight! Now - the FD is more like it! I think they know exactly how to make the SD and FD greater - all the more exciting for their fans!

Custom Title
    Congrats to Davis and White for a performance that looked pretty persuasive to this heretofore very casual viewer of Ice Dance. Definitely going to root for my national homies in Sochi.

Also, thanks to GS for somehow making this forum accessible during competition peaks. I had almost stopped trying the last couple of days.

Rinkside
    Does anyone know if there is a video of the complete SD competition, like there is for the men's and ladies' SP? I know the Reynolds slightly, and it would be great to be able to see them!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a video of the complete SD competition, like there is for the men's and ladies' SP? I know the Reynolds slightly, and it would be great to be able to see them!
    Does someone have a link for the complete men's SP? I would love to see it. Thanks!

Rinkside
    No, I'm sorry - after I posted that I realized that there isn't one for the men, either. I'm in Ecuador, so it's hard for me to see anything unless it's posted on youtube - I really appreciate anyone who's posting the videos!

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Does someone have a link for the complete men's SP? I would love to see it. Thanks!
    The links for the complete Men's SP are available -- oddly enough -- in the Men's SP thread.

Two links, b/c it's in two parts on YouTube.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5