Senior Ice Dance SD | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Senior Ice Dance SD

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The elements in pairs are so high risk, and the teams at the top are, relatively speaking, at or about the same level in terms of technical ability, that it really isn't surprising that it comes down to day of performance issues. I think you'll see the same thing here with the teams ranked 2-6 after the SD.

My money is on A/E being sent to 4CC, along with the teams ranked 4th and 5th here.

caitie

Medalist
For the Shibs: Level 3s on one Finnstep, the twizzles, and step sequence. Level 4s on the lift and the other Finnstep. A 68 for them. Not bad.

It_Is_What_It_Is

Spectator
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, but I feel like I've lurked long enough without a proper intro. I'm refreshing the results every half-minute or so but can't watch anything, so basically I live for your commentary. No pressure or anything.

Glad to know that Madi and Zach did well. I'd love the Olympic team to be D/W, the Shibs, and H/D, but really, it'll be a heart-breaker regardless of what the results are here. How amazing would it be for Lynn and Logan to win 4CC?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, but I feel like I've lurked long enough without a proper intro. I'm refreshing the results every half-minute or so but can't watch anything, so basically I live for your commentary. No pressure or anything.

Glad to know that Madi and Zach did well. I'd love the Olympic team to be D/W, the Shibs, and H/D, but really, it'll be a heart-breaker regardless of what the results are here. How amazing would it be for Lynn and Logan to win 4CC?

Refreshing the USFS results page? Shouldn't need to. It's auto-update. If something changes, it'll automatically refresh.

caitie

Medalist
For Chock and Bates: Level 4s on everything, I think? Huge score for them: 73.41. 5 points over the Shibs! Looks like H/Ds Olympic chances are pretty slim.

It_Is_What_It_Is

Spectator
Thanks, I noticed that once I started paying closer attention. Admittedly, that didn't really happen until the third group began.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
For Chock and Bates: Level 4s on everything, I think? Huge score for them: 73.41. 5 points over the Shibs! Looks like H/Ds Olympic chances are pretty slim.

Even though they're barely more than a point back from the Shibs?

caitie

Medalist
Even though they're barely more than a point back from the Shibs?

I think so, tbh. The Shibs had a fall at Skate America, but still won the Free Dance, I also think they have the advantage with their program and reputation/momentum. But who knows, the ice is slippery.

Meryl and Charlie skating now!

caitie

Medalist
Meryl/Charlie!!!

Midline step sequence given a Level 4 but will be reviewed.

Twizzles Level 4.

First Finnstep Level 4!

Second Finnstep Level 4!

Lift Level 4!

Only the midline step sequence under review. Awaiting the score!

riceplate

On the Ice
Meryl and Charlie's short dance is - short. goes by too fast.

They changed the rotational lift - another variation of her in the split position.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I really wonder why all the Zoueva couples have a straight line step sequence in the SD :laugh:

Florentina

On the Ice
C/B's score just smashed my hope for my drem olympic dream I think. No offense though, they must have done a great job, good for them :)