Senior Ice Dance SD | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Senior Ice Dance SD

caitie

Medalist
Oleg is with Virtue and Moir. Marina has three teams at US Nationals so it makes sense for her to be here.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I said last year that I thought C/B would be a major player in the next quad and I'm sticking with that.

caitie

Medalist
I hate Meryl´s dress , I hope she will change it for the OG

I don't hate it, but I think the lavender one she wore to SLC and practice is absolutely gorgeous.

Time for Lynn and Logan! They're with Igor, Judy notes. I didn't know that.

Twizzles Level 3, marked for review.
Finnstep #1 Level 3, marked for review.
Finnstep #2 Level 3, marked for review.
Step Sequence Level 3
Lift Level 4.

Hmm, depending on how the reviews go this might put them in the mix with H/D and the Shibs.

caitie

Medalist
1 Meryl Davis/Charlie White 80.69
2 Madison Chock/Evan Bates 73.41
3 Maia Shibutani/Alex Shibutani 68.00
4 Madison Hubbell/Zachary Donohue 66.69
5 Alexandra Aldridge/Daniel Eaton 63.71
6 Lynn Kriengkrairut/Logan Giulietti-Schmitt 61.22

Not really that surprising I guess. A higher score for C/B and lower score for the Shibs than most people probably expected.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
First: :clap: to C/B, it really impressed me, especially the way she moved and her facial expression and how solid and secure they were with their elements, really a great program, completely deserved their score!
Then, :jaw: (as always) for D/W! I actually expected their score to be around 80 :laugh::biggrin:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
When I first saw C/B, I knew they were built up to be the heirs to D/W. They have the look. Chock is a prima donna ice dancer. Igor's #1 pair also help.

There's no way Marina's #2 pair can beat Igor's #1 pair.

H/D should have beaten S/S. S/S got a lot of political support from the US Fed, but they are boring, limited range, limited skill. Middle of the pack type of skaters. You can't build champions out of them. They don't have the IT factor.

Looks like D/W, C/B, and perhaps S/S are going.
In the next 4 years, C/B will be major players, and the US are backing the correct team.

caitie

Medalist
IA, FSGMT. I'm more partial to H/D and the Shibs, but C/B looked great out there.

Maia and Alex really had a lot of trouble with those twizzles and H/D just didn't look that crisp/clean, especially in the Finnstep.

What the Buck is telling a cute story about Maia right now, apparently they watched Meryl and Charlie together and he asked what she though they'd score, and she said eighty. Then after the score was announced she came back and found him to say I told you so, lol.

Watching D/W's SD, I'm a little puzzled by some of the changes. Going to their signature lift from DF and NDDP at the end isn't a decision I'm a fan of since I preferred the old one, but I get it. I don't get why they've keep fiddling so much with the choreo out of the Finnstep. I loved the original version where Meryl and Charlie danced a bit and then she flipped under his arm and they ended up skating backwards together and making goofy HOW DID THAT HAPPEN faces at the audience. Then they took that out and just had them dancing at GPF, and now Charlie does a twizzle and a half so he ends up backwards with Meryl... lol what's going on there! I liked the original version, and it seems like they're overthinking it!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
IA, FSGMT. I'm more partial to H/D and the Shibs, but C/B looked great out there.

Maia and Alex really had a lot of trouble with those twizzles and H/D just didn't look that crisp/clean, especially in the Finnstep.

What the Buck is telling a cute story about Maia right now, apparently they watched Meryl and Charlie together and he asked what she though they'd score, and she said eighty. Then after the score was announced she came back and found him to say I told you so, lol.

Watching D/W's SD, I'm a little puzzled by some of the changes. Going to their signature lift from DF and NDDP at the end isn't a decision I'm a fan of since I preferred the old one, but I get it. I don't get why they've keep fiddling so much with the choreo out of the Finnstep. I loved the original version where Meryl and Charlie danced a bit and then she flipped under his arm and they ended up skating backwards together and making goofy HOW DID THAT HAPPEN faces at the audience. Then they took that out and just had them dancing at GPF, and now Charlie does a twizzle and a half so he ends up backwards with Meryl... lol what's going on there! I liked the original version, and it seems like they're overthinking it!

I would say it's because they're nervous. Voir's SD is, frankly, better at this point, and they are nervous that Sochi is going to be a repeat of Vancouver (and it very well may be). So they're fiddling with the programs to try to "perfect" them. As you pointed out, though, they and Zoueva could overthink it.

Dots

Final Flight
May I add that Logan's new look makes him look so handsome out there. My god what a T O T A L hottie! :jaw:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
H/D should have been 3rd in SD not the Shibs !

No way. She missed a key point during the Finnstep and there were a number of small glitches throughout. Yes, Alex messed up the twizzle, but the second half of their performance showcased them at their smooth best. I thought the scores were ridiculously overinflated for every team, but the placements were absolutely accurate.

samson

Medalist
The SD dance was great today. I think I agree with the order of the top 6.

Also just want to say that if you guys haven't seen Meryl and Charlie's Social Scene interview you should. I've never had so much fun watching an interview with those two. The way they answered the final question was simply adorable. They're just the best, on and off the ice. I have to hand it to Michael Buckley, when he hits his stride, he really knows how to bring the best out of whoever he's interviewing.

Why no 10.00 for every single PCS from every single judge for Davis/White? I am so disappointed.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Why no 10.00 for every single PCS from every single judge for Davis/White? I am so disappointed.
:laugh: Do you kill me if I say that their transitions could have been a little better here and there, and their interpretation, too? (Just to make it clear: we're talking about the difference between 9.75 and 10 :p)