Senior Men SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Senior Men SP

icellist

On the Ice
Hopefully Rippon stays in the top 6. The final group will be a nail-biter!

editted: how many in the final group for the men? I'm not sure

icellist

On the Ice
Gah, I want Adam Rippon, Jason Brown, Richard Dornbush and Jeremy Abbott all to go to the Olympics. I'll be sad for whoever doesn't make it.

Maybe 3 can go for the ahem team event

xzchief

Rinkside
Gah, I want Adam Rippon, Jason Brown, Richard Dornbush and Jeremy Abbott all to go to the Olympics. I'll be sad for whoever doesn't make it.

Maybe 3 can go for the ahem team event

No, only those who qualify for individual/pair events can participate in the team event. No "extra" skaters are allowed.

jaylee

Medalist
I just don't get the love for Adam Rippon. Technically, he has a weak/inconsistent 3A and pumps his back hideously while doing crossovers. No quad. Other than the Rippon lutz, there's nothing above average about his other jumps, either. His spins are good, but that's not enough. His artistry/style feels bland to me.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Noooo Adam!! :(:(:(
Be honest with me ..does Adam still have a chance??

Jeremy must of skated with gold skates. How did he get such a high score, can't wait to see the vids.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker

Jeremy must of skated with gold skates. How did he get such a high score, can't wait to see the vids.

Adam must be perfect and others must greatly falter. He's already at a 15 point disadvantage.

And Jeremy reportedly landed very successful 4T-3T, 3Z, and 3A.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
I just don't get the love for Adam Rippon. Technically, he has a weak/inconsistent 3A and pumps his back hideously while doing crossovers. No quad. Other than the Rippon lutz, there's nothing above average about his other jumps, either. His spins are good, but that's not enough. His artistry/style feels bland to me.

I like him as a person

xzchief

Rinkside

No. Bad enough he trails second-place Dornbush by almost 15 points. He's also behind Brown, Aaron and Farris. Even if Rippon skates very well Sunday, one of those four should skate well enough to stay ahead of him.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
If Abbott doesnt implode badly (never a certainty with him) he should make the team now. Dornbush hopefully can hang on for 2nd. It would have been nice to see any combination of Abbott, Dornbush, and Rippon make it but Rippon is almost out of it.

Well, yeah, that's the thing with Abbott, but he has quite a cushion. I imagine he takes his quad out for the FS and just does his thing. Like four years ago, he showed up when it counted. His performances at those Nationals would have won him Olympic gold.

I have a feeling it is going to be Jason Brown for the second spot. His program is entertaining and will get the crowd into it. Dornbush's isn't much so.

I understand why people don't get the Rippon love. He has worked on his back in his crossovers, his 3axel is still inconsistent. But I love his spins, the lutz, he's usually good for two 3/3's, and his interpretation. I first liked the hair, thought he came across as a really kind competitor, and then I started paying attention to the skating, tbh.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I have a feeling it is going to be Jason Brown for the second spot. His program is entertaining and will get the crowd into it. Dornbush's isn't much so.

Huh? Dornbush's Beatles program is excellent...my favorite of the season.

badknees

Medalist
I really hope goldenskate gets this site working for the LP's. I logged in, as they said to do, even though I was already logged in and it didn't make a difference.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
YES, they put Max Aaron BEHIND Jason Brown. GOOD JUDGING.

(although the gap should have been even larger...:p)

I'm kind of curious how the judges put one skater behind (or above) another skater. That was possible under the old system, but how is it done now? Even if they try to use PCS or GOE as ordinals (which they are not supposed to do) there are so many more elements to score and the technical controller determines the base value based on program content before the judges even get a say. The reason, in my opinion, that Aaron is (slightly) behind Brown is because Max didn't perform his elements well enough to overcome the deficit he always faces in PCS. Max can still make the team but he has to land his jumps a little more cleanly and can't afford even a non-mistake like a double instead of a triple on his quad combo. And there is always the strong possibility that Dornbush will falter in the long program and that Jason will have a mistake or two. I still think the team is going to be Abbott and Aaron.

badknees

Medalist
I don't know. Jason has been consistent this season. I just want 2 consistent guys to go. We need 3 spots again!