Senior Men SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Senior Men SP

ranjake

Final Flight
Sorry if this question is in the wrong place: What is this "Icedesk" with Brian Boitano people are talking about; and where do you find it?

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Thanks for the videos!
Glad Adam is in the final group. I have said this before in other competitions in which Adam has skated and not done his best. Considering he had a bad fall and a step out, he is still in 6th. I think the judges like Adam They could have burned him completely out of contention ( I realize he is pretty much out of contention, but he still has an ever so slight chance).
Jeremy was soooo clean! And he makes it look so effortless, pretty stunning.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Sorry if this question is in the wrong place: What is this "Icedesk" with Brian Boitano people are talking about; and where do you find it?

Hi Ranjake! The Ice Desk is on Ice Network- they are doing before and after event discussions. Tanith Belbin, Michael Weiss, and Sarah Hughes are at the desk and they brought Brian in tonight as a special guest. Michael Buckley is doing back-stage interviews and tonight after the men's was also at the desk.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Thanks for the videos!
Glad Adam is in the final group. I have said this before in other competitions in which Adam has skated and not done his best. Considering he had a bad fall and a step out, he is still in 6th. I think the judges like Adam They could have burned him completely out of contention ( I realize he is pretty much out of contention, but he still has an ever so slight chance).
Jeremy was soooo clean! And he makes it look so effortless, pretty stunning.

The judges do like Adam and should like him! :) and I'm so glad he's in the final group too. Everyone at Ice Desk was questioning the wisdom of removing his quad from the short. I hope he goes for a quad or two in the long.

Wasn't Jeremy just AMAZING?!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
As an aside: MAX FIXED HIS HAIR. THERE IS A SKATEGOD.

ranjake

Final Flight
Hi Ranjake! The Ice Desk is on Ice Network- they are doing before and after event discussions. Tanith Belbin, Michael Weiss, and Sarah Hughes are at the desk and they brought Brian in tonight as a special guest. Michael Buckley is doing back-stage interviews and tonight after the men's was also at the desk.

Thank you very much! I'm subscribing to icenetwork but some of it confuses me. I'm also a little confused about the schedule of remaining events. I know IN will not broadcast some things until they're shown first on NBC.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Thank you very much! I'm subscribing to icenetwork but some of it confuses me. I'm also a little confused about the schedule of remaining events. I know IN will not broadcast some things until they're shown first on NBC.

You are so welcome! I think they will do a "pre-show analysis" before the NBC events tomorrow. Pairs/Dance live on NBC from 3-6 and Ladies live on NBC 8-11. Sunday men's is live 3-5 and then Ice Network will show the Olympic team selection live. i'd check out Ice Network before and after the times listed above for commentary.

All times EST.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

I think they will do a "pre-show analysis" before the NBC events tomorrow. Pairs/Dance live on NBC from 3-6 and Ladies live on NBC 8-11. Sunday men's is live 3-5 and then Ice Network will show the Olympic team selection live. i'd check out Ice Network before and after the times listed above for commentary.

All times EST.
ranjake:
The archived video of the panel including Boitano is here (IN subscription not required):
U.S. Champs Ice Desk- Jan. 10 Wrap
posted 01/11/14 | 00:16:13 (in length)
http://web.icenetwork.com/video/topic/66313784/v31296663

I've copied and pasted below the remaining schedule for Ice Desk panel discussions. (All times are Eastern. Schedule is subject to change.)
Saturday, Jan. 11
• Prior to the ladies free skate at approximately 6:45 p.m.
• Following the ladies free skate at approximately 11:00 p.m.​
Sunday, Jan. 12
• Prior to the men's free skate at approximately 12:30 p.m.
• Following the men's free skate at approximately 4:55 p.m.​
Source: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/01/02/66219676/2014-us-championships-viewers-guide

As an aside: MAX FIXED HIS HAIR. THERE IS A SKATEGOD.

karne, I know that you are a Max fan. But I for one had liked his longer curls, and I felt a little pang at their absence tonight. (His shorter hair also looks handsome. :))
I hope the Skate God(s) ;) have the wherewithal to bless us with a great FS from Max, which will earn him a ticket to Sochi.

amc987

On the Ice
I think the judging was fair. I'd probably have Joshua Farris a couple of points higher, but I'm not sure what level his step sequence got because of his bobbles. Jeremy's program was incredible- technically the best SP I've seen him do. I think the only one I preferred artistically was his Swing Kings program from 2012. IMO definitely the best of the night. I hope he skates lights out in the LP and doesn't have a mental meltdown because he's skating last/ is so close to making the team.

Dornbush was also at his peak. He's kind of a mix of Max and Jeremy- high easy jumps and some good choreographic/ musical moments. I don't think he's as good a jumper as Max or as compelling a performer as Jeremy, but he does both things well.

Jason Brown is spectacular. His SP is my favorite this season. I love his musicality and interpretation, and his spins are fabulous.

I thought Max Aaron did well. I see why he gets low marks for skating skills. He looks a bit hunched over at times in his programs, but he seems to have really improved his choreography and his willingness to sell the program he has. I was quite entertained, especially during the footwork sequence.

It's a shame that Adam skated so poorly. You could tell that the judges wanted to hold him up- they could've probably justified giving him a score 5 points lower considering his fall on the 3A and messy landing on the 3T. Maybe he left out the quad because he's been ill? Hope he puts the 4T in the FS- he needs all the points he can get!

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Poor guy can't win. Tron and WSS - "no artistry, so boring, no second mark, blah blah blah".

People didn't criticize Max's Tron program last year - it was quite a hit actually. WSS definitely had some gaps, though.

I'm not sure what your point is about him going to Carmen and being criticized not showing growth. That's, like, the safest music ever.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
What's the strategy for Adam now?

He gotta know that he'll need 2 quad lutz and 2 quad toe and 1 triple axel and hope at least half of them stick for him to come close.

4Lz
4Lz-2T
4T-3T
4T
3A
3Lz-2T-2Lo
3F
3Lo

Ball to the wall moment. Nothing to lose. I hope he goes for broke because playing it safe isn't going to make it at this point.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
ranjake:
The archived video of the panel including Boitano is here (IN subscription not required):
U.S. Champs Ice Desk- Jan. 10 Wrap
posted 01/11/14 | 00:16:13 (in length)
http://web.icenetwork.com/video/topic/66313784/v31296663

I've copied and pasted below the remaining schedule for Ice Desk panel discussions. (All times are Eastern. Schedule is subject to change.)
Saturday, Jan. 11
• Prior to the ladies free skate at approximately 6:45 p.m.
• Following the ladies free skate at approximately 11:00 p.m.​
Sunday, Jan. 12
• Prior to the men's free skate at approximately 12:30 p.m.
• Following the men's free skate at approximately 4:55 p.m.​
Source: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/01/02/66219676/2014-us-championships-viewers-guide

karne, I know that you are a Max fan. But I for one had liked his longer curls, and I felt a little pang at their absence tonight. (His shorter hair also looks handsome. :))
I hope the Skate God(s) ;) have the wherewithal to bless us with a great FS from Max, which will earn him a ticket to Sochi.

Thank you so much Golden411!