Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Senior Pairs SP

Rinkside
    Finally a chance to see the pairs! Thank you

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    but if they stay in a long term partnership
    it will be confusing with two S/K, better start calling them now as the American S/K
    Sky Fly you should know better. American partners do not stick together. Its like disposable income they come and go.

Custom Title
    Wow, Leng and LeDuc were great. So secure even after the fact that Leng pretty much is still a newbie at pairs!

Rinkside
    Thanks so much for the links! Really impressed by Leng and LeDuc - don't remember them at all from last year!
    And thanks for the welcome, Mathman! I don't have IN but I need some way to keep up with all the news!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Wow, Leng and LeDuc were great. So secure even after the fact that Leng pretty much is still a newbie at pairs!
    I've skated at the same rink as LeDuc in the past, and his work ethic was second to none. It looks like he's found a partner that suits his fabulous skating!

On a different note, in response to the poster who commented that Castelli/Shnapir shouldn't be able to score high with a throw triple Sal, remember that that throw should be getting +3s left and right. They do a beautiful throw quad Sal in practice, and I hope to see it at the Olympics.

Custom Title
    Me too, was impressed by Leng/LeDuc. Physically they are a great match: Leng is probably the skinniest U.S. pair skater, which means good as a pair skater. It also looks like they get along with each other well-- as long as they stay together, I can picture something big for them.

My little digging showed Leng was the 2009 junior ladies champion, but no one seems to remember that.

Slightly OT, but does anyone think Davis should have stayed with Ladwig?

Custom Title
    Yeah I am not sure Brubaker was the answer but maybe everyone will switch after this year too (partners) This is America.

Just watched C/S: what a great program! What really impressed me was how difficult the transitions at the beginning and between the elements were, some very nice dance lifts and intricate movements right before the spiral and the throw salchow: totally deserved their PCS!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5