Senior Pairs SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Senior Pairs SP

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
S/K are world class in everything they do but i think the injury has made it hard for him to land his jumps. They still have a have a chance in the FP since very few teams here have the scoring potential that they do when clean.

Wow geneorous marks, very generous. Of course K's issues are nothing compared to Smirnov's!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I wish my personal income would inflate as much as all national scoring does. I just ignore it and concentrate on the placements.

Good one. With these mistakes and these scores the whole world might as well stop skating because the Americans will win OGM and OSM :)

mice

On the Ice
Haven Denney and Brandon Frazier. She is 18 and he is 21.
She wears back deep V neck halter dress with a split in the skirt and some red ? detailing.
He has red detailing on pants.

3tw - lots of speed going in, nice.
Throw 3L - big and smooth!
Nice choreo in between elements.
SBS 3S - she falls, what a shame. He turns out of his.
Lift looks good. :)
She gets very low at the end of the death spiral.
Pair spin...V...sit...catchfoot..
She skates with great expression in the step sq. I really like the choreo.

This was a nice program. Really pleasant to watch. I liked it. Solid.
They look pleased in the KnC. She is very pretty.

59.53 and they are in 7th.

mice

On the Ice
Lindsay Davis and Rockne Brubaker. She is 21 and he is 27.
She is in a strapless navy to lilac dip dye dress. Sweetheart neckline.

SBS 3S - she falls.
I don't care much for this music :(
3tw - little bit crashy
Throw 3Lz - she was really tilted and managed to save it but two footed I think!
Lift looks good.
Music changes and they have a bit more energy now.
Pair spin - sit....catchfoot...change foot...sit...V..not a lot of speed.
Step sq is OK. They could really, really perform this but not a huge amount going on.
Death spiral.

A little bit meh for me.

54.14 and they are in 9th.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Castelli Shnapir should get theyre spin invalid, he lifted here right?

mice

On the Ice
Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir
She is in a black halterneck with a cool back..I don't know how to describe it...kinda like a T? Lots of sheer on the front and a handkerchief style skirt with a split.

Big cheers for these guys! Oh, they're from Boston :)

Big 3tw - nice steps going in. They look sharp!
SBS 3S - clean. The crowd goes wild!
Nice position from her in the death spiral.
Pair spin - camel, v, an illusion (?!), sit, catchfoot. For a moment she comes off the ice, or at least right onto her toe. I only noticed it in the replay.
This is a great choice of music for them. It is different and shows off their style.
Throw 3S - massive!!
Oooh Santana. Nice choice for the step sq.
Wow, they are real performers. Great attitude in the step sq. Crowd is clapping along.
Great extension and crazy lift positions...wow.
Standing O for them.

That was a great program. My favourite by far.
They must feel great to skate so well in their hometown.

They look very happy in the KnC.
She is gorgeous!

73.13 and they are in 1st!
Wow. They are thrilled. Start packing for Sochi?!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Lindsay Davis and Rockne Brubaker. She is 21 and he is 27.
She is in a strapless navy to lilac dip dye dress. Sweetheart neckline.

SBS 3S - she falls.
I don't care much for this music :(
3tw - little bit crashy
Throw 3Lz - she was really tilted and managed to save it but two footed I think!
Lift looks good.
Music changes and they have a bit more energy now.
Pair spin - sit....catchfoot...change foot...sit...V..not a lot of speed.
Step sq is OK. They could really, really perform this but not a huge amount going on.
Death spiral.

A little bit meh for me.

54.14 and they are in 9th.

Could this be Brubaker's final sp at Nationals? It looks like it is time to move on. HOpe they skate a good free.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
C/S hits triple twist lift level 4 but pair combo spin is only level 2. They could really improve their score a bit better. Wow!
US fed is giving them the highest PCS, 2 points higher than D/C. Translating to the LP, that's 4 points higher (equivalent to a SBS jump) than the second pair. They are pretty much ok at this point for a spot unless they fall apart.
What a vote of confidence for this pair. I thought they would not make it back to the podium this year with S/K, Z/B, and the return of D/C. Good for them.

Leng and LeDuc has the third highest PCS.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir
She is in a black halterneck with a cool back..I don't know how to describe it...kinda like a T? Lots of sheer on the front and a handkerchief style skirt with a split.

Big cheers for these guys! Oh, they're from Boston :)

Big 3tw - nice steps going in. They look sharp!
SBS 3S - clean. The crowd goes wild!
Nice position from her in the death spiral.
Pair spin - camel, v, an illusion (?!), sit, catchfoot. For a moment she comes off the ice, or at least right onto her toe. I only noticed it in the replay.
This is a great choice of music for them. It is different and shows off their style.
Throw 3S - massive!!
Oooh Santana. Nice choice for the step sq.
Wow, they are real performers. Great attitude in the step sq. Crowd is clapping along.
Great extension and crazy lift positions...wow.
Standing O for them.

That was a great program. My favourite by far.
They must feel great to skate so well in their hometown.

They look very happy in the KnC.
She is gorgeous!

73.13 and they are in 1st!
Wow. They are thrilled. Start packing for Sochi?!

Wow indeed with a throw 3 S - okay I guess we can't complain about national inflation in Russia, Japan or Canada now. Here in the US we don't just inflate we wrap you up and tie a big bow.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Wow indeed with a throw 3 S - okay I guess we can't complain about national inflation in Russia, Japan or Canada now. Here in the US we don't just inflate we wrap you up and tie a big bow.

LOL--EVERYONE does it for Nationals. It's practically de rigueur.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Double Toe = 1.3
triple sal = 4 but with -3 GOE and then -2 for the 2 falls. They might be getting negative point for this element. Not pretty equal at all.

S/K: 3S: 4.20 - 2.10 (-3GOE factored!) = 2,10 -2 for the falls = 0.10
D/C: 2T: 1.30 - 0.40 = 0.90
So the difference was 0.80 points between the 2 in terms of their jumping passes. Not a huge gap.

What is a scandal is that D/C got 29.51 in PCS and S/K got 27.97.
D/C got 1.54 points more in PCS than S/K. That's just plain wrong, it should be the other way around. No, actually, S/K should get way more than 1.5 points more than D/C in PCS!
Skating Skills: S/K: 7.07 - D/C: 7.50! That is insane.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
can we call them " American S/K " ?
I can't get out of my head S/K = stands for Stolbova/Klimov

Frenchie

Medalist
can we call them " American S/K " ?
I can't get out of my head S/K = stands for Stolbova/Klimov
Funny: I predicted you'd say that 12 hours ago!

EDIT: I need to finally get my head out of the Russian Nationals! I keep on thinking S/K is Stolbova/Klimov!!! :confused:
We won't need to find them a name since the USFSA clearly doesn't want them to go to Sochi, see my post from above. :disapp:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Funny: I predicted you'd say that 12 hours ago!

We won't need to find them a name since the USFSA clearly doesn't want them to go to Sochi, see my post from above. :disapp:

but if they stay in a long term partnership
it will be confusing with two S/K, better start calling them now as the American S/K ;)

Frenchie

Medalist
Could this be Brubaker's final sp at Nationals? It looks like it is time to move on. HOpe they skate a good free.

Oh, don't be so pessimistic. I'm sure he still has 3, or 4 good partners left in him! ;)

gold12345

Medalist
S/K: 3S: 4.20 - 2.10 (-3GOE factored!) = 2,10 -2 for the falls = 0.10
D/C: 2T: 1.30 - 0.40 = 0.90
So the difference was 0.80 points between the 2 in terms of their jumping passes. Not a huge gap.

What is a scandal is that D/C got 29.51 in PCS and S/K got 27.97.
D/C got 1.54 points more in PCS than S/K. That's just plain wrong, it should be the other way around. No, actually, S/K should get way more than 1.5 points more than D/C in PCS!
Skating Skills: S/K: 7.07 - D/C: 7.50! That is insane.

I agree that S/K's PCS should absolutely be higher than D/C, and I'm thinking it would have been had they not had two falls. S/K are less than 2 pts away from 2nd with falls, which gives me hope that USFS sees that S/K are a better total package than D/C and have better scoring potential. I would really like to see S/K get the spot and get a chance to build on their strong Worlds debut last season.

ladykk

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Has anyone found any Youtube links for this yet? The recaps were fabulous, but I'd love to see some of the programs.