Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Senior Pairs SP

Custom Title
    Mice--what a lovely way for those of us who can't watch for you to join us. So appreciated! C'ead Mile Failte!

On the Ice
    Felicia Zhang and Nathan Bartholomay

She is in baby pink dress with silver sparkly straps and detailing.
    He is in dark burgundy shirt with grey? vest.

Cool start to the program with her spreadeagle.

3twist - very fast going into it.
    SBS 3T - nice.
    Throw 3L and she lands it!
    Complicated flippy wippy to get her into the lift and she sits on his shoulder...is that the life done?
    I'm not sure their step sq fits the music.
    Oh no wait here comes the lift. She is doing very interesting positions. Looks like it worked!
    Great arch on the death spiral.
    Pair spin, camel, sit, changefoot, sit, upright.
    They look really pleased. High fiving.

They look happy in K and C. He is thanking people and she is waving a panda.
    You can see her dress up close now, sort of a lace detail strap. Very pretty.

66.50 and they are in 1st. He fist pumps!

On the Ice
    Caydee Denney and John Coughlin.

Here they go! He is in black. She is in red with diagonal cut outs and lots of sparkle.

Powerful opening. They are really fast.
    Huge 3tw...I think Alexa's was still bigger.
    SBS 3T - she doubles it. She was out of time going in.
    Death spiral..she is a long way off the ice.
    Throw 3F - hands down but she stays on her feet.
    Big lift..think she fumbled a little for his shoulder.
    He has great expression and wonderful upper body across the step sq.
    The step sq is epicly choreod to this epic music!! Boom crash cymbals!
    Pair spin, nice speed, good positions.
    They finish just a hair after the music.

I'm totally impartial when it comes to pairs, I know the names of the couples but not much more. I know these guys are defending champs.
    My fav performance so far would definitely be Alexa and Christopher.

On the Ice
    65.40 and they're in 2nd. Caydee and John.

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Zhang / Bartholomay: 55.83 was their previous PB. They just got 11 points more than that!
    Either they all do jumps that are twice as high as they ever did before, or the US has risen the build-up to new heights! That's like... if they were allowed to do 2 sbs 3Flips each after their program, and they'd get the points on top! lol

Custom Title
    Ah I thought Caydee and John were overly scored for being off today.

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    Zhang / Bartholomay: 55.83 was their previous PB. They just got 11 points more than that!
    Either they all do jumps that are twice as high as they ever did before, or the US has risen the build-up to new heights! That's like... if they were allowed to do 2 sbs 3Flips each after their program, and they'd get the points on top! lol
    Eh, Nationals inflation is a fact of life.

But with them scoring as high as they did and Denney/Coughlin landing in second, makes me wonder what the US will do if the positions remain Z/B in first. Probably send 1/2 as usual. Though if D/C overtake first, I wonder if the US would send S/K if they were in a close third to Z/B due to previous results. Someone's going to get hurt no matter what.

Custom Title
    I wish my personal income would inflate as much as all national scoring does. I just ignore it and concentrate on the placements.

Custom Title
    It could be a surprise who's going to be on the Olympic team. D/C usually go out to good sized lead after the SP but they were sloppy. It's going to be a dog fight. S/K will need to finally land some jumps to get on the Olympic team but if they do they are going i think.

Custom Title
    Mice you are doing a great job. I'm so happy for Felicia and Nathan. They are from Noo Yawk as I am. I wish I could see this. I agree with Toni that if IN allowed a Nat subscription I would get it as I love seeing all competitions from Novice to Junior to senior and all disciplines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    It could be a surprise who's going to be on the Olympic team. D/C usually go out to good sized lead after the SP but they were sloppy.
    Especially considering last time in 2010, when McLaughlin/Brubaker were 2 time reigning champions, multi-GP medallists, and fell to 5th failing to make the team. Anything can happen.

On the Ice
    Deedee Leng and Timothy LeDuc. She's 19 and he is 23.
    Very pretty bright royal blue dress with deep V front and black strappy detailing on the back.
    He is in black with dark blue overlay.

Great tricky steps going into the 3tw. Fast and clean.
    SBS 3T - nice.
    Throw 3S - clean.
    Their choreo builds nicely to the music.
    Lift looks great. Crowd likes it!
    Nice pos on the death spiral and he holds both of her hands and throws her up out of it. Nice!
    Pair spin...camel...V....that was quick?
    Some really creative positions and choreo in the step sq.
    They have great synchronisation together. oooh twizzles! Nice.

Personally, this is probably my next fav performance of the night. I wonder how they will be scored...

66.40 and they are in 2nd. He cannot believe it!!

I was right! Wahoo.

And that is the end of Group 2 Maybe ice resurfacing now? Yes I see the zamboni.

Leng/Leduc in second? Oh wow. This is going to be very very interesting. Definitely heartbreaking for more than a few teams.

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    Eh, Nationals inflation is a fact of life.

But with them scoring as high as they did and Denney/Coughlin landing in second, makes me wonder what the US will do if the positions remain Z/B in first. Probably send 1/2 as usual. Though if D/C overtake first, I wonder if the US would send S/K if they were in a close third to Z/B due to previous results. Someone's going to get hurt no matter what.
    the sbs jumps are a smaller % of the total in the FS compared to the SP, so I hope S/K nail everything else and can "pull a Bazarova/Larionov": get great scores without jumps!
    But I'm disappointed that they are behind D/C since 2 falls vs doubling the T should be pretty equal. I haven't seen them, but I can totally picture it when
    mice says they were great in everything else and still his/her n°1!

On the Ice
    I agree with you guys about a nationals only sub. Because of where I live virtually everything else in the subscription is blacked out to me, but here we NEVER and I mean NEVER see any skating on TV so it is worth it to pay the amount to see some great skating live, for a week of the year!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast