Senior Pairs SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Senior Pairs SP

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Zhang / Bartholomay: 55.83 was their previous PB. They just got 11 points more than that!
Either they all do jumps that are twice as high as they ever did before, or the US has risen the build-up to new heights! That's like... if they were allowed to do 2 sbs 3Flips each after their program, and they'd get the points on top! lol

Eh, Nationals inflation is a fact of life.

But with them scoring as high as they did and Denney/Coughlin landing in second, makes me wonder what the US will do if the positions remain Z/B in first. Probably send 1/2 as usual. Though if D/C overtake first, I wonder if the US would send S/K if they were in a close third to Z/B due to previous results. Someone's going to get hurt no matter what.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I wish my personal income would inflate as much as all national scoring does. I just ignore it and concentrate on the placements.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It could be a surprise who's going to be on the Olympic team. D/C usually go out to good sized lead after the SP but they were sloppy. It's going to be a dog fight. S/K will need to finally land some jumps to get on the Olympic team but if they do they are going i think.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Mice you are doing a great job. I'm so happy for Felicia and Nathan. They are from Noo Yawk as I am. I wish I could see this. I agree with Toni that if IN allowed a Nat subscription I would get it as I love seeing all competitions from Novice to Junior to senior and all disciplines.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
It could be a surprise who's going to be on the Olympic team. D/C usually go out to good sized lead after the SP but they were sloppy.

Especially considering last time in 2010, when McLaughlin/Brubaker were 2 time reigning champions, multi-GP medallists, and fell to 5th failing to make the team. Anything can happen.

mice

On the Ice
Deedee Leng and Timothy LeDuc. She's 19 and he is 23.
Very pretty bright royal blue dress with deep V front and black strappy detailing on the back.
He is in black with dark blue overlay.

Great tricky steps going into the 3tw. Fast and clean.
SBS 3T - nice.
Throw 3S - clean.
Their choreo builds nicely to the music.
Lift looks great. Crowd likes it!
Nice pos on the death spiral and he holds both of her hands and throws her up out of it. Nice!
Pair spin...camel...V....that was quick?
Some really creative positions and choreo in the step sq.
They have great synchronisation together. oooh twizzles! Nice.

Personally, this is probably my next fav performance of the night. I wonder how they will be scored...

66.40 and they are in 2nd. He cannot believe it!!

I was right! Wahoo.

And that is the end of Group 2 :) Maybe ice resurfacing now? Yes I see the zamboni.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Leng/Leduc in second? Oh wow. This is going to be very very interesting. Definitely heartbreaking for more than a few teams.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Eh, Nationals inflation is a fact of life.

But with them scoring as high as they did and Denney/Coughlin landing in second, makes me wonder what the US will do if the positions remain Z/B in first. Probably send 1/2 as usual. Though if D/C overtake first, I wonder if the US would send S/K if they were in a close third to Z/B due to previous results. Someone's going to get hurt no matter what.

the sbs jumps are a smaller % of the total in the FS compared to the SP, so I hope S/K nail everything else and can "pull a Bazarova/Larionov": get great scores without jumps! ;)
But I'm disappointed that they are behind D/C since 2 falls vs doubling the T should be pretty equal. I haven't seen them, but I can totally picture it when
mice says they were great in everything else and still his/her n°1!

mice

On the Ice
I agree with you guys about a nationals only sub. Because of where I live virtually everything else in the subscription is blacked out to me, but here we NEVER and I mean NEVER see any skating on TV so it is worth it to pay the amount to see some great skating live, for a week of the year!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I agree with you guys about a nationals only sub. Because of where I live virtually everything else in the subscription is blacked out to me, but here we NEVER and I mean NEVER see any skating on TV so it is worth it to pay the amount to see some great skating live, for a week of the year!

I refuse to pay for a whole season because my schedule is never conducive to being able to use it fully. It'd be a waste of money for me if I wasn't able to watch most of the competitions offered. (It's why I didn't even buy an NHL GameCenter Live subscription this season. I'll be busy later in the semester and wasn't going to waste the money)

Frenchie

Medalist
EDIT: I need to finally get my head out of the Russian Nationals! I keep on thinking S/K is Stolbova/Klimov!!! :confused:

statmam

On the Ice
At the end of a program, when pairs exchange a few quick words and a nod, are they checking to see if the partner tripled the SBS jumps?

FlattFan

Match Penalty
But I'm disappointed that they are behind D/C since 2 falls vs doubling the T should be pretty equal.

Double Toe = 1.3
triple sal = 4 but with -3 GOE and then -2 for the 2 falls. They might be getting negative point for this element. Not pretty equal at all.

Frenchie

Medalist
Double Toe = 1.3
triple sal = 4 but with -3 GOE and then -2 for the 2 falls. They might be getting negative point for this element. Not pretty equal at all.

true, my bad... I'm just a fan of S/K (the US and the russians!) and I'd give them way more PCS than D/C.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Brief Report from the arena: Zhang/Bartlomay and Leng/Leduc were the favorites for me so far. I feel both Denny/Coughlin and Schmica/Kneierm were slightly overscored.

I say slightly because other than their errors the elements done were of highly quality.

I will say that Leng/Leduc are the fastest of all....

mice

On the Ice
They're showing the final pairs waiting by the boards. And here they go. They are on the ice for warmup now.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Mrs P, I hope you have a chance for a fuller report later because frankly these placements are surprising (to say the least!!).

Frenchie

Medalist
wow. this is crazy! I've never heard of Leng/Leduc before... I should have invested more time in my predictions! ;)
I wonder if some in the last group will be intimidated by the high scores so far (Davis/Brubaker?) and fall

mice

On the Ice
Gretchen Donlan and Andrew Speroff. She is 20 and he is 25.
She is in a sparkly black unitard. He is in black with a sparkly V neck. Hers has a lacy back and lots of spiderwebby type detailing.

They look really relaxed in the warmup, waiting by the boards now.

He is a very elegant skater.
SBS 3T - nice
Big 3twist, teeny bit crashy on landing.
Death spiral, good.
They both look very musical to me and expressive during the step sq. A lot of eye contact between them. Nice.
She has excellent extension and positions in the lift.
Throw 3S - she two foots.
Pair spin - V, change foot, sit, catchfoot.

Wow, you can tell the crowd really like them. Big cheers. They look pleased.
And lots of work for the sweepers!
They're stopping to shake hands with a few people by the boards.

61.70 and they are in 5th.