Gold

Group 4
    Miller
    Baga
    Wagner
    Zawadzki
    Cesario
    Edmunds

Most of the Olympic challengers are in the last 2 groups. Needless to say, I'm already worried about Gracie -- the pressure of skating last often gets the better of her. Thank goodness she isn't the final skater of the event. I think she, Mirai, Courtney, and Christina will have an interesting little competition among themselves.

Really barring a huge surprise I don't think there are any true Olympic challengers in the first 2 groups. There are a few people in those groups who could be that huge surprise maybe, hypothetically, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Custom Title
    Man group 3 is really stacked! But then again, groups 4 has Ashley, Agnes, Samantha. Can't wait for tomorrow night and the rest of this weekend!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    groups 4 has Ashley, Agnes, Samantha.
    And Polina too. At JGPF she was mistaken at SP, but 2nd in FS.
    If at Nationals she will skate clean, she will medal most probably (and probably enough will be third, and has a chance even to second place).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    And Polina too. At JGPF she was mistaken at SP, but 2nd in FS.
    If at Nationals she will skate clean, she will medal most probably (and probably enough will be third, and has a chance even to second place).
    Maybe 3rd, but very very unlikely she'll be 2nd. Although there was that point on the forum that people were touting her as the best US skater at the time. Certainly one who can snag the 3rd spot (it's not like the front runners for that spot - Gao, Nagasu, Zawadski, Cesario - are super consistent or have stacked content).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Maybe 3rd, but very very unlikely she'll be 2nd.
    2nd Polina Edmunds may be only if she skates clean and Gracie Gold with mistakes.
    It is unlikely, but not very unlikely, Gracie is not very stable.

If Polina skates clean, it is very unlikely that she will be lower than 3rd, she has very good elements performance, both jumping and non-jumping.

If Polina skates with mistakes, anything may happen. And it is possible - she was mistaken at JGPF SP.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    2nd Polina Edmunds may be only if she skates clean and Gracie Gold with mistakes.
    It is unlikely, but not very unlikely, Gracie is not very stable.

If Polina skates clean, it is very unlikely that she will be lower than 3rd, she has very good elements performance, both jumping and non-jumping.

If Polina skates with mistakes, anything may happen. And it is possible - she was mistaken at JGPF SP.
    Well if Gracie,Ashley and Mirai skate perfectly I don't think a perfect Polina would get third. Mirai has enough when she is on with no urs to outclass Polina right now.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Well if Gracie,Ashley and Mirai skate perfectly I don't think a perfect Polina would get third. Mirai has enough when she is on with no urs to outclass Polina right now.
    Ashley will be ahead Polina, no doubt.
    Gracie - most probably, if skates clean enough.
    Mirai - her best skating for this and past seasons was Rostelecom Cup 2013. Five triples in FS, edge calls at both 3F (as well as at both 3F at NHK Trophy). Is it enough against clean Polina with two 3+3 combos in FS?

Tripping on the Podium
    I'm seeing Cain leading after the first two groups and the top 4 after the SP being (in no particular order): Wagner, Gold, Edmunds, and Zawadski. I hope it's as exciting as the junior ladies and we see great performances with equally great technical content!

Custom Title
    What I hope for is fair judging. No extra points for skaters who "should" be going or for younger skaters viewed as "the future." And if Mirai merits scrutiny for under-rotations, so should everyone else.

I'm soo excited by the starting order. Hopefully Mirai has a great Nationals. Best of luck to everyone. I can't wait to watch

Custom Title
    There is no way the US sends Edmunds unless she wins Nationals. Even if she skates cleanly, they'll hold her down in favor of Zawadzki/Gao/Cesario/Nagasu. No one who competed exclusively on the JGP is going to Sochi or to senior Worlds. She'll go to junior Worlds and then skate on the senior GP in the fall.

I think Zawadzki or Gao will get the 3rd spot. Ashley will win and Gracie will be 2nd.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by amc987 View Post
    There is no way the US sends Edmunds unless she wins Nationals. Even if she skates cleanly, they'll hold her down in favor of Zawadzki/Gao/Cesario/Nagasu. No one who competed exclusively on the JGP is going to Sochi or to senior Worlds. She'll go to junior Worlds and then skate on the senior GP in the fall.

I think Zawadzki or Gao will get the 3rd spot. Ashley will win and Gracie will be 2nd.
    Gracie Gold earned WTT at season when she won US Championships (Junior). So Junior Winner may have important Senior competition.

I remember Zavadzki and Gao at GP Events this season - they do not look world level competitive, Polina looks better.
    Mirai - maybe, she was good at Rostelecom Cup.

I take it this is only being shown on IceNetwork? Bummer.

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by london_calling View Post
    I take it this is only being shown on IceNetwork? Bummer.
    well, if anyone finds something on youtube, please let us know!

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast