Gold

Group 4
Miller
Baga
Wagner
Zawadzki
Cesario
Edmunds

Most of the Olympic challengers are in the last 2 groups. Needless to say, I'm already worried about Gracie -- the pressure of skating last often gets the better of her. Thank goodness she isn't the final skater of the event. I think she, Mirai, Courtney, and Christina will have an interesting little competition among themselves.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Really barring a huge surprise I don't think there are any true Olympic challengers in the first 2 groups. There are a few people in those groups who could be that huge surprise maybe, hypothetically, but I don't think it's going to happen.

samson

Medalist
Man group 3 is really stacked! But then again, groups 4 has Ashley, Agnes, Samantha. Can't wait for tomorrow night and the rest of this weekend!

Country
Russia
groups 4 has Ashley, Agnes, Samantha.
And Polina too. At JGPF she was mistaken at SP, but 2nd in FS.
If at Nationals she will skate clean, she will medal most probably (and probably enough will be third, and has a chance even to second place).

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
And Polina too. At JGPF she was mistaken at SP, but 2nd in FS.
If at Nationals she will skate clean, she will medal most probably (and probably enough will be third, and has a chance even to second place).

Maybe 3rd, but very very unlikely she'll be 2nd. Although there was that point on the forum that people were touting her as the best US skater at the time. Certainly one who can snag the 3rd spot (it's not like the front runners for that spot - Gao, Nagasu, Zawadski, Cesario - are super consistent or have stacked content).

Country
Russia
Maybe 3rd, but very very unlikely she'll be 2nd.
2nd Polina Edmunds may be only if she skates clean and Gracie Gold with mistakes.
It is unlikely, but not very unlikely, Gracie is not very stable.

If Polina skates clean, it is very unlikely that she will be lower than 3rd, she has very good elements performance, both jumping and non-jumping.

If Polina skates with mistakes, anything may happen. And it is possible - she was mistaken at JGPF SP.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
2nd Polina Edmunds may be only if she skates clean and Gracie Gold with mistakes.
It is unlikely, but not very unlikely, Gracie is not very stable.

If Polina skates clean, it is very unlikely that she will be lower than 3rd, she has very good elements performance, both jumping and non-jumping.

If Polina skates with mistakes, anything may happen. And it is possible - she was mistaken at JGPF SP.

Well if Gracie,Ashley and Mirai skate perfectly I don't think a perfect Polina would get third. Mirai has enough when she is on with no urs to outclass Polina right now.

Country
Russia
Well if Gracie,Ashley and Mirai skate perfectly I don't think a perfect Polina would get third. Mirai has enough when she is on with no urs to outclass Polina right now.
Ashley will be ahead Polina, no doubt.
Gracie - most probably, if skates clean enough.
Mirai - her best skating for this and past seasons was Rostelecom Cup 2013. Five triples in FS, edge calls at both 3F (as well as at both 3F at NHK Trophy). Is it enough against clean Polina with two 3+3 combos in FS?

SimplyAFan

On the Ice
I'm seeing Cain leading after the first two groups and the top 4 after the SP being (in no particular order): Wagner, Gold, Edmunds, and Zawadski. I hope it's as exciting as the junior ladies and we see great performances with equally great technical content!

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What I hope for is fair judging. No extra points for skaters who "should" be going or for younger skaters viewed as "the future." And if Mirai merits scrutiny for under-rotations, so should everyone else.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
I'm soo excited by the starting order. Hopefully Mirai has a great Nationals. Best of luck to everyone. I can't wait to watch :)

amc987

On the Ice
There is no way the US sends Edmunds unless she wins Nationals. Even if she skates cleanly, they'll hold her down in favor of Zawadzki/Gao/Cesario/Nagasu. No one who competed exclusively on the JGP is going to Sochi or to senior Worlds. She'll go to junior Worlds and then skate on the senior GP in the fall.

I think Zawadzki or Gao will get the 3rd spot. Ashley will win and Gracie will be 2nd.

Country
Russia
There is no way the US sends Edmunds unless she wins Nationals. Even if she skates cleanly, they'll hold her down in favor of Zawadzki/Gao/Cesario/Nagasu. No one who competed exclusively on the JGP is going to Sochi or to senior Worlds. She'll go to junior Worlds and then skate on the senior GP in the fall.

I think Zawadzki or Gao will get the 3rd spot. Ashley will win and Gracie will be 2nd.
Gracie Gold earned WTT at season when she won US Championships (Junior). So Junior Winner may have important Senior competition.

I remember Zavadzki and Gao at GP Events this season - they do not look world level competitive, Polina looks better.
Mirai - maybe, she was good at Rostelecom Cup.

SimplyAFan

On the Ice
What I hope for is fair judging. No extra points for skaters who "should" be going or for younger skaters viewed as "the future." And if Mirai merits scrutiny for under-rotations, so should everyone else.

:thumbsup: one of my biggest hopes for this event

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I hope Gracie kicks butt and have more than 10 point lead over the silver medalist in the overall score
don't care who will be the silver medalist maybe someone could surprise us

hopefully they will score Wagner fairly, she has been worn out since the GPF
Go Gracie !!! Go for your first National Title :)