More TV news tonight Sochi dangers | Golden Skate

More TV news tonight Sochi dangers

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Boston stations showed Gracie, other skaters etc. More scary things happening (car found with 4 dead bodies rigged with bombs). Russia says 40,000 security force, and USA beefing up athlete protection. Sochi is 250 miles from Chechnya. I am worried for all. There will definitely be attempts to disrupt or kill athlete/spectators/anyone.

Any Russians here going?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
aren't you getting a little paranoid ?

TV and News media as the direct source for informaton it not good at all
the hotbed for vile propagandas :disapp:

the internet is the best ;)

Barb

Record Breaker
it is scary, Brazil is having problems too for the worlds soccer cup.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I really think any countries that are frightened still could boycott. They could boycott and all the countries want to Canada/us could host some stuff. Have an alternate games. Both countries really want to boycott.

Barb

Record Breaker
aren't you getting a little paranoid ?

TV and News media as the direct source for informaton it not good at all
the hotbed for vile propagandas :disapp:

the internet is the best ;)

When México host the olympics in 1968 university students were manifesting against government, just months and weeks before the OG, government prohibited the media show the real problems and nobody spoke about the real killers and in the last manifestation militar forces all armed with tanks killed hundreds of students, of course the news just say it was a few deaths. the olympics were conducted just 10 days after the killing like if nothing happen. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tlatelolco_massacre

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
When México host the olympics in 1968 university students were manifesting against government, just months and weeks before the OG, government prohibited the media show the real problems and nobody spoke about the real killers and in the last manifestation militar forces all armed with tanks killed thousends of students, of course the news just say it was a few deaths. the olympics were conducted just 10 days after the killing like if nothing happen.

actually the media is getting crazy , so now all deaths in Russia are now by terrorists, that is bogus
hello someone dies every second. anyways after the Olympics the media will look for another host to exaggerate Brazil World Cup starts soon after I think
so they will then probably report the hype on robberies and rape too

Barb

Record Breaker
actually the media is getting crazy , so now all deaths in Russia are now by terrorists, that is bogus
hello someone dies every second. anyways after the Olympics the media will look for another host to exaggerate Brazil World Cup starts soon after I think
so they will then probably report the hype on robberies and rape too

I don´t know exactly how are media in all the world but really they always try minimize problems, at least in México media don´t show all the problems but I can to say I hear shoots almost everyday, a family member was beheaded, some friends were kidnapped, tortured and killed, even kids are mutiled and exhibed in the streets at noon. They killed a person to 20 meters away from me, two weeks ago I was in a mall, supposedly the most prestigious in the country and again a shooting, of course the media only said that no shots were fired, a assault without arms, sorry may be you are in a really peaceful place but in the rest of the world there are serious problems and are real. I have lived it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
chapis, how scary for you! We get an overall opinion that your Country is not safe for travellers, except certain resort areas. But then there are other folks that live there and never witness any of it...

the world can be a scary and evil place. We had terrorists fly into buildings a few months before the SLC games... a terrorist attack during the summer games in Atlanta (?)... threats are made at every major sporting event... don't forget the 70s with the Munich massacre within the walls of the Olympic Village. You can't let fear dictate your life or you'll never live it.

Barb

Record Breaker
chapis, how scary for you! We get an overall opinion that your Country is not safe for travellers, except certain resort areas. But then there are other folks that live there and never witness any of it...

the world can be a scary and evil place. We had terrorists fly into buildings a few months before the SLC games... a terrorist attack during the summer games in Atlanta (?)... threats are made at every major sporting event... don't forget the 70s with the Munich massacre within the walls of the Olympic Village. You can't let fear dictate your life or you'll never live it.
This is very true, but it is good not ignore or minimieze those threats, life is not all unicorns and rainbows and it is not only the threats towards the athletes, what really is happening at those places? I am more afraid for the poor people living in those places than the athletes. Athletes will get all protection possible, not the common people.