Disgusting Judging | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Disgusting Judging

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
If Ashley doesn't make top 3, she shouldn't go to the Olympics.
For her contribution, send her to World.

Why not? The USFSA has made very clear that Nationals alone will not be the only deciding factor. If Ashley gets beaten here it will be the first time in THREE YEARS any American has beaten her.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Why not? The USFSA has made very clear that Nationals alone will not be the only deciding factor. If Ashley gets beaten here it will be the first time in THREE YEARS any American has beaten her.

It's also 3 years in a row where she hasn't delivered at the big stages. So what's the point? She's not going to be a factor in Sochi. Let some new blood in.

noidont

Final Flight
How can anyone compare Edmunds to Radionova. Radionova is 4th at GPF, Edmunds 4th at JGPF...Radionova is so many miles more artistic than Edmunds.

Judging is always shady at US Nats though. You get 2 points in PCS just for being the new blonde girl. I feel for Wagner.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
ITA and if you've read any of the articles Edmund is really in love…………with herself. LOL:laugh:… not a fan That's just my opinion.

Yeah, her remarks about how she has the best technical content of anyone, blah blah blah... major side-eye. I get that she's a young'un, but her people should be coaching her to be a bit more diplomatic with this.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Judging is always shady at US Nats though. You get 2 points in PCS just for being the new blonde girl.

Bwahahahahahaha. This is SO TRUE. And I was not unduly impressed with Ms Edmund. Nice jumps but it's a cutesy kiddie program. When you look back, you realize just how *smart* Frank Carroll and Michelle Kwan were with the Salome program. There's more to skating than jumps, and you can sum it up in one word: Credibility.

Of course anyone asking for figure skating judging to be flawlessly credible needs to share their meds with me.

;)

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Yeah, her remarks about how she has the best technical content of anyone, blah blah blah... major side-eye. I get that she's a young'un, but her people should be coaching her to be a bit more diplomatic with this.

In a way, I find it refreshing. I get a bit bored when there isn't some off ice drama or snarkiness :)

gottadance

On the Ice
How can anyone compare Edmunds to Radionova. Radionova is 4th at GPF, Edmunds 4th at JGPF...Radionova is so many miles more artistic than Edmunds.

Judging is always shady at US Nats though. You get 2 points in PCS just for being the new blonde girl. I feel for Wagner.

I completely disagree - Edmuns skated with great strength and confidence and her jumps are much higher than Radionova

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
It's also 3 years in a row where she hasn't delivered at the big stages. So what's the point? She's not going to be a factor in Sochi. Let some new blood in.
Big Stage=4CC. Deliver=win the competition.
"Ashley Wagner is the 2012 Four Continents champion, 2012 Grand Prix Final silver medalist, 2012 Skate America champion, 2012 and 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard champion, 2012 and 2013 U.S. national champion. Her highest World Championship placement is fourth in 2012."
All that was within those last 3 years in a row you mentioned...

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
No way! We are talking PCS here. Elena is a natural performer. Polina is not.

That's exactly what I meant. I should have specified. I didn't get a performance feel from Polina. I stress that she has good jumping technique but I wasn't feeling the performance and her footwork is a bit on the messy side, which I expect from a rising junior. Definitely needs more polish.

mao_da_artist

Rinkside
I'm surprised that Agnes, Courtney, and Samantha did not place higher. It's clear that USFS wants skaters that are gonna bring the strong technical content.

Zamboni

On the Ice
I have to admit that I really felt bad for Agnes. I'm not a particular fan of her skating but it isn't her fault that she was kind of overscored in the past, and now, just before the Olympics, they turn on her. She really must have felt that she had a great shot to make this team. She must have been in total shock. Poor girl :cry:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am more worried that the us judges are sending the message that the top ten American ladies are strong threats to the world and could lead to world domination.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I have to admit that I really felt bad for Agnes. I'm not a particular fan of her skating but it isn't her fault that she was kind of overscored in the past, and now, just before the Olympics, they turn on her. She really must have felt that she had a great shot to make this team. She must have been in total shock. Poor girl :cry:

You serious?
They turn on her? She gave them a reason to. Had she skated flawlessly and got 55, then yes, they turned on her. But she messed up her money jump. Again. At the competition where her spot is on the line. Again.
What do you want them to do? Give her 68?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
There were VERY clear messages being sent by the judges during the SP. Like I said, it was Western Union in the Boston Garden last night.

If the judges were consistent from event to event, year by year, a thread like this wouldn't be necessary.

lavender

Record Breaker

I agree. I really dislike Agnes skating (sorry) but I felt bad for her (nice girl). I don't like how the judges inflate in the first place and then later on kicked you hard to the curb. Talk about breaking up with someone big time.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist

Another 'me too'. Her pcs went down five points from last year's SP, and I thought she improved in that aspect... But she just has done nothing to justify a 'boost' over the last two years. I wonder if she plans to stay in, or if this is her swan song.

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Ashley double axel should have been <

Ashley Cain should have had 3F+3T < and 3Lo<

Sam cesario should have 3F <

Mirai should have 3T<+3T< and 3Lo<