Joelle Forte's PCS | Golden Skate

Joelle Forte's PCS

Pepe Nero

On the Ice
Can anyone speak to why, year after year, Joelle Forte seems to get lowballed by the judges at US Nationals on PCS? What is so terrible about her skating skills, transitions, performance/execution, choreography and interpretation?

I missed the live stream tonight on IN, but, having seen the protocol, I notice that she seems to have skated a clean (if not especially athletically difficult) program. My impression is that she presents in a mature and composed way. I don't think she's amazing or remarkable, but I've just been taken somewhat aback the past couple of years how low she's been placing at US Nationals.

This year, she has the lowest PCS by a couple of points (below competitors with badly technically flawed programs). I'm just a bit perplexed, and I thought it might be nice to talk about a different skater for a change.

(In case there's any question about the appropriate location of this thread: this is a post about Joelle Forte, not the competition tonight; it simply references the competition earlier tonight as evidence. :))

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Can anyone speak to why, year after year, Joelle Forte seems to get lowballed by the judges at US Nationals on PCS? What is so terrible about her skating skills, transitions, performance/execution, choreography and interpretation?

I missed the live stream tonight on IN, but, having seen the protocol, I notice that she seems to have skated a clean (if not especially athletically difficult) program. My impression is that she presents in a mature and composed way. I don't think she's amazing or remarkable, but I've just been taken somewhat aback the past couple of years how low she's been placing at US Nationals.

This year, she has the lowest PCS by a couple of points (below competitors with badly technically flawed programs). I'm just a bit perplexed, and I thought it might be nice to talk about a different skater for a change.

(In case there's any question about the appropriate location of this thread: this is a post about Joelle Forte, not the competition tonight; it simply references the competition earlier tonight as evidence. :))

I didn't see it, but reports and commentators said it was apparently really flat and she was not selling the music she chose. I agree she's been lowballed in the past. Still it's kinda insane that a clean SP ends up placing 17th.

I agree, too. This skater is consistently pleasant to watch. I do not know what details of presentation she lacks in the judges' eyes.

loopy

Final Flight
I enjoyed her skate, but she seemed rather slow when skating, her spins were very slow. I thought she has a lot of charisma though and she was fun to watch. About 2/3rds of the way through, her face changed and it seemed like she lost interest. I wonder if she was already unhappy with her performance.

jennyanydots

On the Ice
Never watched her before but I would have to agree with the commentators that the performance was "flat" and she did look quite slow. I don't think the music was a very good choice. It sounds like the backing track which doesn't stand well on it's own without the lyrics. The sections where the lyrics should have been are just empty and it would be hard for anyone to sell.

Kirk

Rinkside
She was fairly impressive but def needs more decent outings in order for the judges to really recognize her. There is also so much crop of great skaters that comes as her competitors(age) so that might be the factor too.