Koster has officially changed both programs! | Golden Skate

Koster has officially changed both programs!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Amazing how desperate these skaters get in an Olympic year. Almost mid January and skaters changing programs.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Amazing how desperate these skaters get in an Olympic year. Almost mid January and skaters changing programs.
What a ridiculous comment. Did you read her statement on FB? She's been dealing with an injury for a while and that has impacted her performance - it's common knowledge. As for the programs, she says that wanted to have the option of choose between Bolero and a new LP, and ultimately decided that Bolero was a better fit. The SP is indeed a new program, so what? Why is that "desperate"? Skaters change programs all the time, it's part of the sport.

What has been getting desperate is some of the comments on this forum. It's like people are looking for things to criticize and nitpick.

I hope Kostner will have some amazing performances for the rest of the season.

YunaVN

Rinkside
i love he Humorosque :(( So touching, lyrical and beautiful, and I love her "Farewell" at the last note of that music. Why :(( Ave Maria is so not her

RABID

Final Flight
Wise decision. A good fit she can have confidence in. She knows her own history and this will go someway in dealing with that.

SXTN

Final Flight
Here an extract of her message:

"I was very interested in keeping Bolero for Olympic year but I wanted the pleasure of the choreographic process and the challenge of a new program. That way I could also choose which one felt better. Due to the time off with my injury I just couldn't get Scheherazade to feel right. Together with Lori Nichol, I decided that I love the tempo, the pacing and the energy of Bolero. The short is new. We both love the Humoresque but some people loved it and some couldn't understand the story. The idea of the the yin and yang of the pure angelic and ethereal Ave Maria and the sensual yet bold Bolero just inspires me every day.
Thank you Lori for working with me last minute and for the fun we have on the ice."

miki88

Medalist
But were the programs really the issue for her GP performance? Wasn't it more her injury that hindered her ability to land jumps? Kostner looks great in the new video but we also didn't see her land any jumps. With that said, I am glad we get to see Bolero at the Olympics. :)

Icey

Record Breaker
A result of my upbringing and my first music teacher, but personally never feel comfortable with someone skating to religious music like Ave Maria. When you think about it that is a strange juxtaposition of musical choices.

ucrgirl

On the Ice
Ave Maria is a GOOD program. (and I've never understood Kostner or why people loved her before).

Red Helicopter

Rinkside
As for SP, very strange decision to change it. She says that she and her choreografer love it, and many other people too, but some other don't. But wait, you can always find someone who will express negative opinion on whatever! Is it really motivation to abandon this program? She never acted like that before. It's surprising.
Hope she wants just to try another program at Euro, and she will choose best of two. And I think this will be Humoresque.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Ave is beautiful. With or without jumps Caro is often so majestic-her height, her lines, Ave Maria is an icon Peggy program. Sarah Hughes also did it justice. Caro is best by far, imo. So moving...if she feels this is her music then fine, I love it. Glad Bolero is back.