Ladies FS in progress.... (:^) | Golden Skate

Ladies FS in progress.... (:^)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oops! :eek:

Woke up a bit late......but thank goodness I remembered that the FS would be taking place early on this crisp Saturday morning......thus here I am. :)

***Note: please feel free to chime in, those that are crazy enough to arise this early (lol). :D ***

Latest report states the following (btw here's the link ~ http://www.isufs.org/results/ec2004/seg008.htm :

1. Sarah Meier (SUI)
2. Daria Timoshenko (AZE)
3. Jenna McCorkell (GBR)
4. Valentina Marchei (ITA)
5. Kristina Oblasova (RUS)
6. Tatiana Basova (RUS)

TWO MORE GROUPS TO GO!!!!!!! :love:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Interesting to read about yesterday's SP...

Looked at the marks for the Top 6, and noted that a favorite of mine - Carolina Kostner - actually appeared to be a bit of a casualty of the 6.0 secret system that is being used (i.e. only counting 7 of the 14 judges marks by "random"). Because she actually had higher Presentation marks than the two above her (i.e. Poykio & Pavuk). And her Technical marks were comparable to those two also. However, the random selection of marks cost her one, if not two, placements. Too bad, just the luck of the draw I guess.

That said, I'm real happy that Julia Sebestyen is in 1st ~ dang can that lady ever JUMP! Two thumbs way up! About time she got some respect, not to mention her presentation is right up there IMHO. I'll be cheering her on to win this one (no lie).

:love:GOOOOOOOOOO JULIA & CAROLINA & VIKTORIA!!!:love:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oops, sorry about the double post! Will add on to this one...

Holy Smokes, Julia Lautowa (AUT) just knocked both Sarah Meier (SUI) & Annette Dytrt (GER) down a place. And she's in 1ST!!! WOOHOO! :eek: :love:

GOOOOOOOOO MANIACHENKO (UKR) & DREI (FIN)!!!!

MODIFIED TO ADD: looks like the marks are going up also.....we're now in the 5's......and Galina Manianchenko can easily pull mid-to-high 5's for Presentation (no ifs/whats/about it).

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG, Galina bombed........feel bad.......like I somehow jinxed her, which honestly wasn't my intention whatsoever. :cry:

Marks were as follows:

Technical: 3.7-4.8
Presentation: 4.4-5.2

Zuzana Babiakova (SVK) is skating now.......she's 25 yrs. old.........one of only two warhorses in this final section. Alisa Drei (FIN) will be 26 yrs. of age in 2 days time (not to mention the youngster Carolina Kostner of Italy will be 17 yrs. old tomorrow! HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU TWO!!! :love:

Nadine

Record Breaker
WOW!!! :eek:

Old Warhorse Zuzana Babiakova just knocked Sarah Meier down into 3rd!

Marks were as follows:

Tech.: 4.4-5.2
Pres.: 4.4-5.3

GOOOOOOOO ALISA DREI!!!

STANDINGS THUS FAR:

1. Julia Lautowa
2. Zuzana Babiakova
3. Sarah Meier
4. Annette Dytrt
5. Daria Timoshenko
6. Galina Maniachenko

Nadine

Record Breaker
WOOHOO! :love:

Oldest Warhorse competing here (besides Elena Liashenko, whom is the oldest at age 27) ~ Alisa Drei (FIN) (26 in two days time) just kicked booty & is leading in 1ST PLACE!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALISA!!!

Marks were as follows:

Tech.: 4.5-5.3
Pres.: 5.0-5.6

***Now we're in for about a 15-minute delay due to ice resurfacing & final group warm-up.***

MODIFIED TO ADD:

STANDING THUS FAR

1. Alisa Drei
2. Julia Lautowa
3. Zuzana Babiakova
4. Sarah Meier
5. Annette Dytrt
6. Daria Timoshenko
7. Galina Maniachenko
8. Jenna McCorkell
9. Valentina Marchei
10. Kristina Oblasova

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
HOLY COW! (8^OOO

Wunderkid Viktoria Pavuk (HUN) just had an AWESOME skate........just take a look @ those marks!!!

TECH: 5.4-5.8
PRES.: 5.2-5.7

***Note: looks like she must've landed that 3Z/3T again, as she did in the SP! WTG!!! :love:***

GOOOOOOO SUSANNA POYKIO!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
WOWOWOW!!!

This Final Group is kicking booty & taking names, man!

Susanna Poykio (FIN) also appears to have had an excellent skate as well.

TECH.: 5.1-5.6
PRES.: 5.3-5.7

STANDINGS THUS FAR

1. Viktoria Pavuk
2. Susanna Poykio
3. Alisa Drei

ROCK N' ROLL, SOKOLOVA, TIME TO PULL UP FROM 6TH AFTER THE SHORT!!!

MODIFIED TO ADD: spoke too soon, didn't see that Elena Liashenko (oldest competitor in this competition) is currently skating. Good Luck, Elena!!! :love:

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG,OMG,OMG!!! :eek:

Can it get any better than this.......take a look at those marks posted by old WARHORSE Elena Liashenko (UKR).......woooooooooooow!

TECH.: 5.4-5.8
PRES.: 5.5-5.9

***Note: am wondering if she landed a 3/3? :confused: Don't even know if she has one in her arsenal. Either that, or she landed everything she had planned perfectly. YEAH! :)^D***

ROCK N' ROLL, SOKOLOVA & KOSTNER, PULL YOURSELVES UP & RISE TO THE OCCASION!!!

MODIFIED TO ADD:

STANDINGS THUS FAR

1. Elena Liashenko (UKR)
2. Viktoria Pavuk (HUN)
3. Susanna Poykio (FIN)
4. Alisa Drei (FIN)

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
HOLY TOLEDO, FOLKS!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

It looks like Elena Sokolova (RUS) just ROCKED the house.......definitely must've landed her 3/3s........no ifs/whats/buts/about it.

TECH.: 5.4-5.8
PRES.: 5.5-5.9

COME ON, SEBESTYEN, NOW IT'S YOUR TURN TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE & KNOCK IT OUT OF THE BALLPARK!!!

MODIFIED TO ADD:

STANDINGS THUS FAR

1. Elena Liashenko (UKR)
2. Elena Sokolova (RUS)
3. Viktoria Pavuk (HUN)
4. Susanna Poykio (FIN)
5. Alisa Drei (FIN)

Last edited:

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Sokolova - 5.9 for presentation? She better have added some choreography that includes more than arms:)

Nadine

Record Breaker
HECK YEAH, THE PARTY CONTINUES... :eek:

Home town girl Julia Sebestyen (HUN) just knocked it out of the ballpark & let fly, man!!!

TECH.: 5.5-5.9
PRES.: 5.6-5.9

***Note: The Hungarians must be going loco/crazy!!! :D ***

STANDINGS THUS FAR:

1. Julia Sebestyen (HUN)
2. Elena Liashenko (UKR)
3. Elena Sokolova (RUS)
4. Viktoria Pavuk (HUN)
5. Susanna Poykio (FIN)
6. Alisa Drei (FIN)

YOUR TURN NOW, KOSTNER, RISE TO THE OCCASION & LET'ER RIP!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ah, too bad Carolina Kostner didn't continue the party. However, it appears she skated quite well & managed to maintain her 5th position. Better luck next time, kiddo. And enjoy your 17th birthday tomorrow! :love:

FINAL STANDINGS:

1. Julia Sebestyen (HUN) :love: :love: :love: ***loved her reaction last year when she managed to win the bronze; can just imagine what she looks like now, winning the gold! :D ***
2. Elena Liashenko (UKR) :) :) :) ***great job for the oldest competitor there***
3. Elena Sokolova (RUS) :) ***great job, managed to pull up from 6th in the SP to 3rd overall, impressive.***
4. Viktoria Pavuk (HUN) :love: ***another wunderkid is on the scene ~ watch out Kostner, Ando, Phaneuf, & Ota!***
5. Carolina Kostner (ITA) :( ***ah, last year she finished an impressive 4th place w/two 3/3s, too bad about this year. Better luck @ Worlds.***
6. Susanna Poykio (FIN)
7. Alisa Drei (FIN)

And my bad luck continues on......knew I shouldn't of posted.......b/c my favorites tend to do well when I don't post. Sorry, Carolina. Mea Culpa. :(

Peace & Love, Nadine

CONGRATS, JULIA SEBESTYEN, REALLY WANTED YOU TO WIN (no lie)!!!

MODIFIED TO ADD: I really think that Julia Sebestyen will be figure skating's answer to a replacement for Irina Slutskaya (in case she doesn't return that is, but I truly hope she does).......b/c not only does she look like her, but she also skates like her (i.e. huge, gorgeous, powerful, beautiful jumps & very nice presentation)........no lie. Btw, I honestly started noticing the resemblance a couple of yrs. ago, it's pretty obvious. :)^)

Last edited:

Kwanisqueen81

Rinkside
Big Thank you to Nadine!!

Nadine,
Thanks a million for posting your very insightful, colorful, musings. Thanks again.

ETA: Big up to all the older ladies in skating for skating so well.

Freakin' is what? 26/27
cupcake is 24
how old is Julia?

Last edited:

wvgal57

On the Ice
I think Julie Sebestyn is so like Irina, not only in her build but I agree her mannerisms, her looks, and of course her powerful skating. She and Alesi Drei have modeled themselves after the great Irina for sure. I'm sure Irina is proud of all the European ladies for showing what great skaters they are and for carrying on this great tradition. European Championship is so great, it's the championship I look more forward to than Worlds. I just wonder how a qualifying round would have changed the overall standings though.

Congrats to Elena for those 2 3/3's, that girl doesn't just do them in practice, she puts em out in the programs.

Russia lost a spot though for next year and there a several talented skaters in Russia who will have to battle it out for one less spot. The pressure will be on for all of them to peak at Russian Nationals.