2014 Canadian Nationals Senior Men's Sp | Golden Skate

2014 Canadian Nationals Senior Men's Sp

SGrand

Final Flight
Men's Sp

Nam got all is jumps and is a smiley little guy, so cute. Telegraphed the heck out of the triple axel, but was good. Not a ton of height on jumps.
Shaking his fists, he's happy!
Liam Firus skated pretty great other than a hard fall on the triple axel. He moved ahead of Nam and Jer Ten.
Balde, hand down on quad possible UR, high triple axel, mistake on spin, hangs on to triple-triple, must have great core strength. He's happy. Second after Firus. High tec but lower pcs.
Rogozine two foots quad, spread eagle into triple axel good, triple flip-triple toe two footed on last jump, tracy Wilson just remarked how he skates small and is not as fast, but speed is picking up after jump elements are done. Only in third with Kevin and Patrick still to skate.
Well they just f'ed up Kevin's music, poor guy, this is something he doesn't need after the non-season he's had. Hard fall on quad sal, hangs onto quad toe and full turns into a double. Triple axel kinda two footed I think. I like the AC/DC but his arms and hands are quite floppy and all over the place. Had a deduction and Firus is still in first by less than a point.
Chan now, gorgeous quad-triple, doubles axel, doubles lutz!!!! Argh!!! Patrick! You are your own worst enemy!!!!!!!!!!! Smiling in interview, but was not happy with that skate at all in K&C. Focus Patrick!!! Focus! Lol!
Rod black of CTV said a double-double is fine at Tim Hortons but not in Sochi LOL! (Tim's is a very popular coffee place all over Canada).
Goes into first with 89.something and has 10 point lead over 2nd and 3rd, but he has to bring it in the LP.

SGrand

Final Flight
I think there is something wrong with the site as your post says the wrong placements but when I quote what you said it is correct. I also tried posting ealier and couldn't get anything to open. Is there a weird Skating internet slow done, first skate canada and now golden skate!

I think my tiny list here is correct, but who knows, this site has been wonky all night. I'm scared for it during the Olympics Lol.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I've seen the last group in men. They all made mistakes. I think Chan is again over scored. His score is too big if compared to all the other skaters. Kevin had problems with the jumps but his program looked better. P. Chan doubled the Axel and the Lutz, and ended the program a few good seconds after the music. The scoring is a disgrace for figure skating.

waterblades

On the Ice
I think my tiny list here is correct, but who knows, this site has been wonky all night. I'm scared for it during the Olympics Lol.
So weird as soon as my post went up your post corrected, I just took it down since you were of course correct. Even deleting took some effort. I hope the get it fixed for the Olympics too!!

SGrand

Final Flight
So weird as soon as my post went up your post corrected, I just took it down since you were of course correct. Even deleting took some effort. I hope the get it fixed for the Olympics too!!

Ahhhh! Sorry! You know what, I had completely forgotten about Reynolds! I quickly realized my mistake and edited. Sorry about that!

waterblades

On the Ice
I was a little sad that the men had so many mistakes but as Elizabeth Manley said, we want them to make mistakes so they skate perfect at the Olympics. She said she had a terrible nationals before Calgary and look what she did.

I was really impresses with Liam, too bad he fell on the axle, if his long is as good as his short I think he will end up third.

SGrand

Final Flight
I've seen the last group in men. They all made mistakes. I think Chan is again over scored. His score is too big if compared to all the other skaters. Kevin had problems with the jumps but his program looked better. P. Chan doubled the Axel and the Lutz, and ended the program a few good seconds after the music. The scoring is a disgrace for figure skating.

Yes, I think Chan was overscored too, doing 2 doubles. But I don't think Reynolds should be in front. Or Firus. Kevin had too many mistakes too and is all over the place with his body (sorry, his arms were driving me mad).

SGrand

Final Flight
I was a little sad that the men had so many mistakes but as Elizabeth Manley said, we want them to make mistakes so they skate perfect at the Olympics. She said she had a terrible nationals before Calgary and look what she did.

I was really impresses with Liam, too bad he fell on the axle, if his long is as good as his short I think he will end up third.

I was so hoping for Liam to land that Axel too! Damn!
And I agree, I'm just going to look at it as though they have their best skates to come, right? Same with Virtue and Moir in dance. Chan can do it, he showed it at Skate Canada and especially at TEB!

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Personally I do wish Patrick skate a clean lp tomorrow because that's why I drive all the way to Ottawa for. But if a bad performance can pave the way to OGM, I'm in for it. I also want to see V/M skate the lights out.

I feel Firus skated like Patrick in some way, the nice edges.

Love Kevin's program. Hope he gets all his jumps back with the new boots.

Scout

Final Flight
Was Patrick supposed to get a music deduction? He finished after the music ended.

This is just a complete guess, but maybe the music deduction is only if the music itself goes beyond the time limit, and not if the skater ends a bit afterwards?

I really enjoyed Kevin's ACDC program (although the skate itself left something to be desired)!

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Yes, I think Chan was overscored too, doing 2 doubles. But I don't think Reynolds should be in front. Or Firus. Kevin had too many mistakes too and is all over the place with his body (sorry, his arms were driving me mad).
Yes, all men made mistakes! Chan should be first, but not with such a difference. He is to many points ahead with such a flawed program. He may fell twice in his LP and still win. That's not good.

Becki

Medalist
This is just a complete guess, but maybe the music deduction is only if the music itself goes beyond the time limit, and not if the skater ends a bit afterwards?

I really enjoyed Kevin's ACDC program (although the skate itself left something to be desired)!

But that wouldn't make any sense - who would program their music to end after the max. time?

caelum

On the Ice
Was Patrick supposed to get a music deduction? He finished after the music ended.

I believe the time deduction only applies if the skate stops more than 5 seconds past the time limit (or before). I haven't seen the skate, but perhaps Patrick was under this time?

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Congratulations, Jeremy Abbott. You just beat Patrick Chan in the short program at _____ Nationals. So did you, Richard Dornbush.

:laugh:

starryxskies

On the Ice
I believe the time deduction only applies if the skate stops more than 5 seconds past the time limit (or before). I haven't seen the skate, but perhaps Patrick was under this time?

That's quite a bad rule, 5 seconds is way too long of a buffer. It was pretty awkward watching him spin to nothing at the end.

Also, does anyone know if that's Kevin Reynold's actual costume? Is it not completed? It just looks like he's wearing his practice clothes. He better not be showing up in Sochi in THAT.