2014 Canadian Nstionals Senior Pairs SP | Golden Skate

2014 Canadian Nstionals Senior Pairs SP

waterblades

On the Ice
WOW!

That was some great skating! I can't wait for the finals tomorrow, I loved MTM! and D/R! skates like this will win medals in Sochi for sure. I can't decide on who will win, or how will place third.

Scout

Final Flight
Top two pairs were AMAZING! A lot of things about this weekend are going to be bittersweet, including third place for pairs. I just hope that all teams can have really good skates that they are proud of.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Nice performance by all the pairs!

I love Megan's new hair do! She looks sweat with this one, just like the French dancer Natalie.
MTM team's new costums are over the top imho. This program does not look as good as they first skated it. So is Patrick's SP. sorry for the off topic comment.

gottadance

On the Ice
Top two pairs were AMAZING! A lot of things about this weekend are going to be bittersweet, including third place for pairs. I just hope that all teams can have really good skates that they are proud of.
we in the US cant access any of the TV broadcasts and the live streaming doesn't include most of the Pairs - if anybody could post videos I would be eternally grateful ( and I am sure other Canadian skating fans I the US would too!) Thanks

dendrite

Spectator
What a pleasure it was, especially after watching the men's short program, to see our top two pairs lay it down. There is little to choose between these two teams - I preferred MT-M's chreography and refinement, but was impressed by D-R's inventiveness and technical difficulty.

I often am bothered by Meghan's lack of grace in her skating, but obviously she has other gifts. Who else is ballsy enough to put side-by-side triple lutzes in a short program? (Nobody else - that's who) This particular trick was executed as well as I've ever seen them do it, and the entry to their death spiral was a small miracle of creativity. I would have scored these performances just as the judges did - small edge to D-R, but oh so close.

Should be a great fight in the long program. This is a fun time to watch pairs in Canada.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Senior Pair Short Program

1. Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford 75.80

2. Kirsten Moore-Towers / Dylan Moscovitch 74.96

3. Paige Lawrence / Rudi Swiegers 61.67

4. Natasha Purich / Mervin Tran 60.04

5. Margaret Purdy / Michael Marinaro 54.23

6. Brittany Jones / Joshua Reagan 52.47

7. Shalena Rau / Rob Schultz 48.63

Scout

Final Flight
What a pleasure it was, especially after watching the men's short program, to see our top two pairs lay it down. There is little to choose between these two teams - I preferred MT-M's chreography and refinement, but was impressed by D-R's inventiveness and technical difficulty.

I often am bothered by Meghan's lack of grace in her skating, but obviously she has other gifts. Who else is ballsy enough to put side-by-side triple lutzes in a short program? (Nobody else - that's who) This particular trick was executed as well as I've ever seen them do it, and the entry to their death spiral was a small miracle of creativity. I would have scored these performances just as the judges did - small edge to D-R, but oh so close.

Should be a great fight in the long program. This is a fun time to watch pairs in Canada.

ITA with this whole post! I personnally prefer MTM to D/R, but love D/R's triple lutzes and their entry to the death spiral is amazing! Both teams want it, and each time these teams compete against each other, they lay it down - last year's Canadians, last year's worlds, now in the SP. Can't wait to see the fight in the LP - both between these teams and the fight for bronze. I wonder if both Lawrence&Swigers and Purich&Tran give great performances, will Skate Canada award the fourth place team to Worlds.

I hope that the younger teams continue to stick it out. Brittany Jones seems to have a new partner every year. It's a bit sad seeming such a small number of competiors.

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
From the protocols:

D/R > MT/M on the Twist, Triple Jump, Death Spiral, Skating Skills (by 0.03), Transitions, Choreography

MT/M > D/R on the Step Sequence, Lift, Throw, Pair Spin, Performance, Interpretation (by 0.04)

I'd like to clone Radford a couple times and have the clones skate with Purdy and Jones. Not dissing Marinaro and Reagan, but Purdy and Jones need taller partners. Jones in particular is built more like an ice dancer than a pairs girl.