Senior Ladies FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies FS

Trewyn

Medalist
I don't think I'll stay awake for it (too late/early, too tired but most of all too stressful) - but GO ASHLEY!!!!!! You can do it! Be fierce!

Icey

Record Breaker
It says the video will load soon, but it never did for me.

Did any of you notice that the promo for this evening, that came on after the nbc showing this afternoon, Gracie's name was shown first, on a screen by itself I believe?, then Ashely's

Ot: is this rink smaller than usual, so many of the skaters seem to be getting so close to the boards?

and why so many puddles of water on the ice?

Icey

Record Breaker
Does anyone know the base values of the programs planned by Polina, Gracie, Ashley and Nagasu?

kbear

Rinkside
Has Polina competed with a senior long program this season? Isn't it a minute longer than a junior program?

Icey

Record Breaker
Kbear, I don't believe she has. She seems like a skater who goes with the flow and won't let that bother her.

Nater

Match Penalty
I hope so regarding Gracie and Ashley. And I personally prefer to see Mirai on the Olympic ice than juniorish skating. Edmonds has time.

Then perhaps they should have destroyed Nagasu on PCS and UR calls in 2010 cause she "had time" and sent Cohen or Wagner. Fair, right? She is a great example on what can happen over time.

Mira had time as well. Did she put it to good use, coach hopping and looking bored as sin out/unmotivated on the ice for years?

She did the easiest triples in her SP so it remains to be seen if she can put together a good skate that is good enough to overtake Edmunds, keep Wagner back, and/or leapfrog Gold. The Flip and Lutz can be great levelers, and she is highly prone to pop or UR multiple jumps. Remember Omaha?

The judges at not so keep to accept the "apparent look" of a program as clean. If Edmunds is clean, they will murder Nagasu on URs and give that spot to Polina.

The U.S. cannot afford to hold their up and coming skaters back. Russia isn't. Japan won't. China won't. That was fine when Kwan or Cohen were almost guaranteed podiums but that is no longer the case.

You want the next generation to debut at Worlds getting PCS of a junior while Russia puts their skaters out a year early so that they have already established reputation with the judges and build up a default scoring advantage due to their consistency and name recognition/reputation? Have you seen what will be coming out of Russia in the coming years.

Do we actually want to keep those 3 spots or cater to emotion?

USFS doesn't have time to throw away the future just because some fans want to send a popular skater who isn't a factor now or in the future to the Olympics.

Mira Nagasu is no Gold or Edmunds.

Myla

Rinkside
It's such a strange feeling, but I don't see Yu Na winning the Olympics. A lot of things went right last year, mostly her main competition underperformed at those worlds, and she gave probably her best performance since her Olympic skate. I don't think that's going to be the case this year.

I DO hope you are right.

mateusp1

On the Ice
Please, can someone tell me what is currently being shown in NBC? My streaming is showing news.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
NBC will not show GROUP 1 of Ladies LP. Ice Network will but it is not even working for me right now. bai

badknees

Medalist
So..... IN says it starts at 6:45 pm EST. They have nothing showing right now. It's 4:48 pm mountain time. Shouldn't it be on IN right now?

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
So..... IN says it starts at 6:45 pm EST. They have nothing showing right now. It's 4:48 pm mountain time. Shouldn't it be on IN right now?

yes, it should be on IN.................... and its not
And after Group 1 finished, IN will stop streaming and we will move to NBC

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Is anyone's IN feed working? Right now all it says is "This portion of the event is being shown live on NBC" but the only thing on NBC right now is Nightly News.

What is going on?!:scratch: