Senior Ladies FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies FS

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Will they destroy Nagasu on URs or will they destroy Edmunds on PCS?

If Mirai is destroyed by URs it will be her own doing, not the judges. The URs in the SP were called very generously for all the skaters, Mirai included, so it looks like a skater will have to have an egregious < to get it called.

RABID

Final Flight
Let them dream. :laugh:

Brought this over....

As I have said previously, it isn't about YuNa making mistakes, it's about others having no chance if they make mistakes. A nuanced but vital point niggling at the minds of all skaters hoping to challenge in Sochi. YuNa is probably feeling the least pressure of all the ladies going into Sochi. I would have said the same for Mao as well but I am not as sure of that; her legacy might seem lacking to her still. Be that as it may, any lady hoping to dethrone YuNA is going require top level mental toughness.

Dots

Final Flight
It's such a strange feeling, but I don't see Yu Na winning the Olympics. A lot of things went right last year, mostly her main competition underperformed at those worlds, and she gave probably her best performance since her Olympic skate. I don't think that's going to be the case this year.

mary01

Final Flight
lolol I love this but I really hope she makes the team I will be so happy if it happens :)

me too, I would be soo thrilled if she makes the team. one of the reason why i'm staying awake all night is because I'm curious about her placement

RABID

Final Flight
me too, I would be soo thrilled if she makes the team. one of the reason why i'm staying awake all night is because I'm curious about her placement

I would say she would have to skate like she could be a contender otherwise what are the Americans going to do? They won't leave Ashley off and Gracie has already got her ticket and Polina is making a case for her being the future. The Americans know Worlds wont have the same giants as will be in Sochi. Seeing someone like YuNa up close in the heat of battle would be just the thing for the young Polina; she could learn what poise and elegance looks like "under the lights". She learns that and she could be an unstoppable force in the future and I am betting I am not the only one who thinks so.

mary01

Final Flight
I would say she would have to skate like she could be a contender otherwise what are the Americans going to do? They won't leave Ashley off and Gracie has already got her ticket and Polina is making a case for her being the future. The Americans know Worlds wont have the same giants as will be in Sochi. Seeing someone like YuNa up close in the heat of battle would be just the thing for the young Polina; she could learn what poise and elegance looks like "under the lights". She learns that and she could be an unstoppable force in the future and I am betting I am not the only one who thinks so.

Well I have not followed Polina closely, so it's hard for me to determine her potential right now, I feel she kind of appeared out of nowhere, no way would I have predicted her finishing second after the sp. With Mirai on the other hand I feel like I have seen enough to know that a good skate from her would make her a legitimate contender. if she skates a strong fs I feel like her chances of making the team are stronger then Polina. Polina is still very young and will have plenty of opportunities in the future, her not making the team will not be the end of her career, whereas Mirai's time is really running out, and her not making the team would very likely be the end of her career. Polina will undeniably at some point meet many top skaters in the future, regardless of her making the team or not.

WJ88

Spectator
I have a feeling that the final place will be:

1 Polina Edmunds
2 Gracie Gold

lovegoodxo

Rinkside
Does anyone have a link for a live stream?
Even though the event is at like 3am for me I still really want to watch!