Senior Ladies FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies FS

Dots

Final Flight
Well that won't score well...poor Christina that LP is not a good program at all, and with her falling left and right she made it worse.

louisa05

Final Flight
Can we steal all the red lipsticks? That's a personal hatred of mine, it almost always either looks tacky or ages the person

It kind of works in the arena. You can get a better idea of their expression.

(That said, Gracie needs a different shade. Hers is not right for her skin tone)

Dots

Final Flight
It seems like nobody wants this title ... I wonder if the ice is playing a part on all this falls?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Considering she had the flu earlier in the week, that was actually not too bad from Ashley. Sucks for the popped jumps though.

travelbug

Rinkside
Sad for Christina because she had been doing better - and so hard that this week's competition was where she has SUCH crowd support (but also pressure)

And very sad for Ashely after the work she had put in over the last 4 years.

I do think she may well end up in the top 3.

AC won't factor in (based on how she's started)

That leaves three who all have question marks;

Mirai - who has struggled w/ inconsistency, even when she's been on a good streak...can she keep up what she showed Thursday?

Gracie - who has the pressure of being the assumed other front runner from the US, but is still only in her second season in seniors, and is coming in the leader from the SP but with the even additional pressure of skating last.

And Polina - who hasn't even skated seniors, surprised most on Thursday (despite her own confidence and that of a small minority) and now has gotten a tremendous amount of attention and focus.

Hard to think one of those three isn't going to crack some under pressure and probably leave room for Ashley to make the team, even if the season and her past are not factored in.

But an incredibly hard way for Ashley to go into the Olympics - assuming she does make the team - having these the two performances from Nationals on her mind.

Assuming that Ashley makes the team, I hope the other two are going in having had good skates from Nationals - wouldn't be good to have the 3 women go into the Olympics not appearing solid and strong and ready to compete against the world's best (even if it's not likely they'd manage to factor in considerably)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Everyone's splatting tonight.

Samantha's massive upward move. No lower than 5th. Really sucks she didn't do better in the SP.

I hate wanting like 5 or 6 different girls to go.

Polina!

I am officially wowed.

And the choreography is exquisite. It really seems to say something new. How lovely to see Klimova at work in such an artistically impressive way.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
The judges have a reason to put Polina behind Ashley now because she fell once. :think:

Kissx3

Final Flight
Well then. Not perfect and so very 15 but good enough when virtually everyone else has blown it. Looks like Edmunds will be making her senior debut at the Olympics.