Senior Pairs FS | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Senior Pairs FS

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow, nice skating but not great. Again, the pairs are having trouble distinguishing themselves in marks and or stuyle or great tricks. I can see how it would be hard to sell pairs skating with these pairs. They are good but again it is hard with some teams having little exposure due to injuries and newness. It is hard to developing a "brand" or following when you aren't distinguished for whatever reason! Very generous marks - too generous - again the scores suggests the top three could tend for olympic medals.

Again, the pairs are having trouble distinguishing themselves in marks and or stuyle or great tricks.

Not Castelli/Shnapir. Julie Marcotte has given them great programs with a lot of transitions. They've improved their presentation massively over the last two seasons.

leafygreens

Final Flight
Z/B's skate is one that I will always remember. What a lesson in courage and rising to the challenge! I hope that they make the team. To think that it would have been the difference of one of Coughlin's popped jumps... I don't think either team would place above 8th at the Olympics, so they should do the fair thing and send the best Nationals performance. Z/B remind me of Evora/Ladwig, a surprise 2nd, quiet, hardworking team who believed in themselves.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Not Castelli/Shnapir. Julie Marcotte has given them great programs with a lot of transitions. They've improved their presentation massively over the last two seasons.

That's an understatement. Well, she was always a charismatic little spitfire, but give Marcotte MAJOR props for using his cyborg qualities to their best advantage.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

meem

On the Ice
:rock: This was the highlight of Nationals, for me. Felecia's radiant triumph on that last carry lift was worth the price of admission all by itself! :yes:

And what was so wonderful about her gesture was that IMO it seemed to be part of the choreography (the trimphant finale of Les Mis). I sure hope they get to be on the Olympic team.

You must mean the moment in this epic photo :yes:: https://twitter.com/icenetwork/status/422153727101779969

(I just posted the same one in the Zhang/Bartholomay fan thread. So excited for them that I can't help reposting.)

Oh, yeah. It looks as if she's flying. What a treat to see.

I have to say, I didn't have many expectations for the pairs final, but it turned out to be very exciting. This is why it's never a good idea to have too many preconceived notions about a skating competition. One never knows!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
In case anyone's not hovering around the Olympic Team thread, Felicia and Nate made it!

emma

Record Breaker
Truly epic moment and photo for the ages! Thanks for posting a link to it; I smile just thinking about it, seeing it is even better!