Update on my daughter | Golden Skate

Update on my daughter

S

sk8tngcanuck

Update on my daughter

Hey all,

As some of you may recall, at the beginning of the season I was seeking advice as to how to approach my daughters lessons for this past season. You all were so kind and reasonable in your advice, and I am going to take this opportunity to gloat!

She loved it! She would have skated every day if I had let her! She is consistently landing salchow, and toe loop, the rest are about 60/40. She also passed her Dutch Waltz this year, and the difference in her abilities by being surrounded by all the older kids is like night and day.

She has progressed so much this year, and loves skating so much, that we have decided to enroll her in spring skating which starts on Monday and goes til the end of May. Her coach figures she will test her Baby Blues and possibly Canasta by the end of the Spring session.

Most exciting of all, is that she will be in her first competition on Mother's Day weekend!

Again, thanks all for your advice and helping with a very difficult decision. It is pretty obvious we made the right one!

D

dlksk8fan

Re: Update on my daughter

I'm so glad your daughter is enjoying her skating! Good luck to her on her first competition.

C

Cinderella On Ice

Re: Update on my daughter

I wasn't on this board yet when the advice was being handed out, but I just wanted to congratulate you on your daughter's marked improvement and skating enthusiasm. You are truly giving her a gift by encouraging her skating!