2014 US Nationals Senior Ice Dance FD | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 US Nationals Senior Ice Dance FD

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks, Turbo-Mom!

It's always interesting to hear from people in the know.

As a fan who does not get to travel to events and follows the sport via television and the internet, I have to remind myself that what I see on the ice doesn't just fall from the sky. There are a lot of logistics to getting the right music, the right program, the right costume... the right look.

Your story of Daniel's father and his surgery remind me that skaters are people, too, with real relationships. They have to deal with the ups and downs of life just as we all do.

I enjoyed your post.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I’d also like to add that In May, 2010, Daniel’s Father was diagnosed with an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Dr Kirit Patel operated on Mr. Eaton and Daniel, out of gratitude, dedicated the Bollywood Free Dance to Dr Patel who is Indian.

Turbo-Mom, hope that Daniel's father now is in good health.

And I hope that you noticed/appreciated that Aldridge/Eaton received quite a few positive comments as well in this thread.

Hope also that all of you enjoy Taipei.

ETA, a question for you, if you would be comfortable answering at all:
What is Camerlengo like as a person? I am just a very distant observer, but I am impressed by the way that he seems to support his skaters with real warmth. (Only my very subjective opinion, but I get a totally different vibe from him than I do from Zoueva.)​

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Thanks
Daniel's Dad's surgery was last May and yes he is doing great, still working for US Army, and loves watching all of Angelika and Pasquale's Teams. Regarding Angelika and Pasquale - UnitedSkates (Angelika and Pasquale's Training Camp) treats all the skaters and coaches as part of a family with a lot o mutual respect or one another. They have talen Alex and Daniel to three National Championships and created some rally fun programs for all the teams. My personal favorite is still the Second Year at Junior Program to Lord of the Dance
and I would not be surprised to see Alex and Daniel do it again - they loved that program and may do it in Greensboro - since they have such strong roots to the Celts. Angelika and Pasquale will make that call. I should add that both Angelika and Pasquale take a very active role in counseling their skaters, sort of like Aunts and Uncles.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This sounds like a very supportive environment for young and developing skaters.

I'm going to root very hard for them, just because you've been so kind to share insights with us.

Next up, Four Continents... correct?

ice coverage

Record Breaker